Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Never owned anything soft top before. What kind of maintenance if any is required or recommended to extend the life of the top? What’s the expected life?
Sponsored

Jmet8

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never owned anything soft top before. What kind of maintenance if any is required or recommended to extend the life of the top? What’s the expected life?
Hi. Lay windows flat when out never roll them up. I used a harbor freight moving blanket as a pouch and put a layer in between each window. This will help from getting any kind of scratches or rubber marks on the window part which will then not come off. Wash them with the hose to get most of the debris off the windows then only use a mild detergent like Dawn really nice microfiber towel. As for the top chemical guys makes a
Protector and wash for the top. A little extra work to help keep the windows looking good for a long time.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've had a soft top Jeep for going on 10 years and had 3 different tops on it. The factory one, traded someone my factory for a Trektop that top ended up being garbage and bought the different Trektop I have now that is about 5 years old.

I see you're in Arkansas but I'll just blanket statement this for whoever reads it.

Don't scrape snow or ice off in the winter, could crack them. Seriously in the winter just don't touch them. Like use the weight of the brush at most to get snow off but that's about it. Get used to using your mirrors until the back window melts up. Hopefully Ford put some afterburner heaters in these things like Jeep does.

Don't try to remove the windows in the winter, could crack them

Don't rub them when they are dry it will put swirls in them. If you want to clean them either do it when you're washing the vehicle or use a wet towel.

Back in the day we'd lube up the zippers in the fall so they'd still work smooth in the spring but I believe these new ones are zipper free, mine now only has zippers on the sides of the rear window.

That's all I do with mine, it still looks and operates like new and could easily see getting another 5+ years out of it. I run it all year long even through our harsh 120" snow winters.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone recommend a good soft top window cleaner?

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Roundabout

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just be sure to NOT use a glass cleaner, had someone at work ruin a couple vehicle windows.
We use Zep Vinyl Window Cleaner but I'm sure any product marked for vinyl and plastic will work.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Learned some stuff here. Thanks!

I’ve been using Invisible Glass wipes w/o an issue. But, I guess I’ll switch over. My father in law works on boat upholstery and suggested something…I’ll get the name.

I bought a bottle of Blue Magic, but haven’t used it yet because I was advised to not put anything on it if I plan on ceramic. Also noticed 303 makes one and I like their products….

I’m planning on ceramic coat in the coming weeks.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone on this forum who doesn’t have their Bronco yet - We typically lick the windows of Bronco’s as we see them; helps clean them at the same time. @Tricky Dick knows what I’m talkin’ about…

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone on this forum who doesn’t have their Bronco yet - We typically lick the windows of Bronco’s as we see them; helps clean them at the same time. @Tricky Dick knows what I’m talkin’ about…
Mine are really dirty. :LOL:

Sponsored

11MrQuinn11

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150/ 2021 Bronco Big Bend (non-Sas) 2.3L man
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any suggestions for the best soft top conditioner? Best practices/methods? (First time soft top owner here)

865Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB Badsquatch, Land Rover LR3, Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a two pack of the Chemical guys convertible cleaner/protectant to put on mine.
Let us know if you like it. I’ve used Chemical Guys for other things but this will be our first soft top so there will be a definite learning curve.

Bled656

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150 ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone here used a ceramic coating or something similar? Never have had soft tops before, and is there any tint you can put on vinyl? I live in Phoenix, Az and heat here is brutal
Sponsored