Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2021 model year has come and gone (mostly) and you've been left without a VIN and Bronco schedule date yet. We were intially allocated 203 Broncos for the model year, because of production delays we will end up receiving vins for roughly 75% of our original estimate. So don't fret, you are not alone! How do you prepare for 2022 MY Orders opening? Here's a few helpful tips to keep in mind.

Order of things to come
  1. The Order Guide will be released - This is our ordering 'gospel' if you will. There are lots of rumors of what will or will not be added to the 2022 Bronco options. If that option is not on the ordering guide it is not available. I'm sure it will be found online somewhere before I can find it, so please pour over it and finalize your options before calling your dealer.
  2. Ordering will be open in Conceps, then in WBDO. Be patient! - CONCEPS is a old computer system that you can back your way into in Ford's system and was used for years. For those of you who were born before millenials, you are more than familiar with how to navigate these screens. I am not. :) So ordering will open in conceps a day or two before, B6G members will rush like crazy to get your order placed, but the majority of orders will be placed in WBDO, it is a much easier system to navigate, you'll need to just wait a day or so.
  3. Order time doesn't determine scheduling - We should know this by now, but the time you place the order does not determine when your Bronco will be built. I'm not sure on the exact dates, but Ford has allowed a 30-60 day window to place your order. As long as you place your order in that timeframe, your reservation date will determine your priority, not your order date.
  4. Production start up - 2022 Bronco Production is slated to start in December. I, like all of you, am hoping for a smooth start up for 2022. Ford has prioritized chip availability, with MIC 2.0 solving top issues Ford should be able to belt out significantly more production for 2022 model year than 2021 (which was 6 months of production). Now we also live in a world where covid has hampered production for all manufacturers, so please keep that in mind.
  5. 2022 Bronco Delivery timeline to Dealers - With production starting in December 2021, January 2022 should be when dealers start to see their Broncos show up on the lot in volume. Keep in mind I've seen two different model years show up on the same transport. With the demand the Bronco has, anticipate Ford building as much as they can to satisfy the pent up demand and not a big wait from end of 2021 to beginning of 2022.
FAQs

Will I need to place a new order?
- Yes, the Ford system does not allow us to just convert from a 2021 model year to a 2022 model year without any other changes. We have to initiate a new order as a 2022 and replicate your past options if no other changes are requested. I'd recommend you verify all the new options are correct and ask for an order summary for a 2022 build if you had a 2021.

What about price protection? - If you have an order now your order will be price protected for 2022 as well. The key is your name and address need to match what is on your Ford account. If you switch trims, your price protection will still be okay. If Ford releases a new Edition (i.e. Raptor, Heritage, Etc.) you will pay whatever the new price is, there is no price protection on a new model, because it wasn't there for 2021. If you switch from a base to a big bend over the model year change, your pricing will be fine.

Will my dealer know their total allocation for 2022 MY? - It is my understanding that allocation for 2022 model year, while following the same/similar formula as 2021, will not be given out as a total year number in 2022. As I stated in the beginning of this post, we didn't receive our 2021 model year estimate because of delays. Taking it month-by-month like the traditional allocation system allows can help Ford adjust more quickly on the fly and dealerships will only know on a monthly basis what their allocation looks like.

Reservations versus new orders. What is the difference? - Ford has now stated that they are accepting new retail orders, but has temporarily suspended the reservation system. With such great demand, why would Ford allow new orders to be placed? If a dealer has exhausted their demand for Big Bend 4-doors and a new customer walks up and wants to place an order, this allows the dealer to place that order and the customer to receive production sooner. This does not allow a customer with the same exact order to leap frog a customer with a reservation for the exact same Bronco. Towards the end of 2022, while reservations are closed to exhausted, this will allow more customers to get the Bronco they want faster. Reservations > Retail Orders.

Should I forget about soft tops? - No!!! I still maintain that if you want your order ASAP order with a soft top. While I anticipate hard top production to pick up dramatically, the soft top will still be in less demand and if you equip your order with a soft top it will schedule more quickly. Unless you are a super early reservation holder that hasn't received their Bronco yet for 2021, I would not forget about the soft top to expedite orders.

In summary, I'm trying to remain optimistic as the 2022 model year order banks open up. The micro chip shortage is not going away anytime soon, that is going to be a battle that Ford fights all year. But I know they are prioritizing those supplies for the Bronco. Between that and a hard top fix, my hope is that Ford can build all they anticipate on a monthly basis and fill all existing reservation demand in 2022. That is my hope and I don't have any specific insight, but with customers backing out of reservations for various reasons and the shut off of new reservations, that number will continue to get smaller and smaller as the year goes on.

As always, we're very appreciative of everyone here and will do our best to help and assist anyone who has an existing reservation with us, another dealer, is considering transferring, or looking to place a fresh order. We're extremely grateful for the community @Administrator has built here and look forward to continue to contribute our little piece to make it better.

Granger Specific Customers - As a reminder, we do not participate in out of state leasing and courtesy deliveries at another dealership.
I just talked to my dealer and was told Area 51 is not available in 2022. Is this correct?
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Only thing we’ve seen, that I’m aware of, is Rapid Red and Antimatter Blue are gone.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not looking for my dealer to "roll over automatically" my order to a MY22. That's how stuff gets screwed up. I want to be a part of that process.

Sponsored

CodaMojo

Wildtrak
First Name
Coda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Wildtrack, 2014 Ford Escape, 2010 350z
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am just hoping(rumor is) that since I am ordering a Wildtrack there will be a soft top option on MY22 due to MIC issues. MY21 can't order ST's as you all know. My dealer said I will possibly go from 39th to 64th in line because of earlier res's then mine (7/17) that are waiting for MY22 and possibility of other orders that could / will bump me cause ford can make ST's better then MIC's

Come 7 come 11...Daddy needs a new pair of shoes /rolls dice

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am just hoping(rumor is) that since I am ordering a Wildtrack there will be a soft top option on MY22 due to MIC issues. MY21 can't order ST's as you all know. My dealer said I will possibly go from 39th to 64th in line because of earlier res's then mine (7/17) that are waiting for MY22 and possibility of other orders that could / will bump me cause ford can make ST's better then MIC's

Last update I read was that we are being forced to have soft top as standard after being told we were the only trim who couldn’t order it to move our build up. All we can do is wait for the fuckery to release and see what happens.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah .
Soft top is standard now (2022) and mic is optional.
Also you’re not moving down the reservation line.

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah .
Soft top is standard now (2022) and mic is optional.
Also you’re not moving down the reservation line.
I wasn’t anyway. They 99’d me off the bat. I think all the employees used up all the allocations at my dealership. Only three “canceled “ orders have been delivered and my salesman said the next truck is on its way but all “canceled” orders and already sold via the internet.
I’ll have to see how much Ford is trying to recover from their fuck up on this release to what they do with the price on the MIC. I’m not thrilled at paying over 50k for their top of the line (available) model and have it come with a soft top.
similarly equipped to me doesn’t mean standard hard top gets swapped to a rag top.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not looking for my dealer to "roll over automatically" my order to a MY22. That's how stuff gets screwed up. I want to be a part of that process.
I was chatting with an agent on ford.com and asked her about reordering when 2022 opens, mentioned all my options are available on the 2022 model. She said I won't need to do anything it'll get rolled over automatically, I'm still going to text my dealer and chat with ford.com again when 22 order bank opens.

Sponsored

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would get an updated order summary from them showing it's a 2022. They may have the function of rolling it over, I could be wrong, but my impression is reordering. The options you change will not change your sequence unless that part is a restricted item.
I imagine we'll know more when the date is official but I'll do this aswell and maybe then my picture on my Ford.com account will actually be accurate 😅

Ford Bronco 2022 Model Year Bronco Order Primer Order

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just talked to my dealer and was told Area 51 is not available in 2022. Is this correct?
yes, the most popular color won't be available when real production begins...I swear some dealers just say the most idiotic things imaginable and folks just run with it.

"my dealer said tires won't be available in 2022, Is this correct?"

bob.walnut12

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Obviously tons of compounding issues within this whole rollout but I do have to say - spoke to a Ford customer service rep on the phone about my order and they couldn't have been more helpful. Cleared a bunch of stuff up for me. Was so pleasantly surprised that I stayed on after the call to fill out the survey lol. I really think that production will ramp up and get rolling by EOY once MY22 banks open.

bob.walnut12

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Obviously tons of compounding issues within this whole rollout but I do have to say - spoke to a Ford customer service rep on the phone about my order and they couldn't have been more helpful. Cleared a bunch of stuff up for me. Was so pleasantly surprised that I stayed on after the call to fill out the survey lol. I really think that production will ramp up and get rolling by EOY once MY22 banks open.
Also was told that MY22 order banks are opening 'sometime in october'
Sponsored