Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah... I'm one of "those guys" now. I mean, in a way it's like a badge of honor right? You're not a REAL Bronco owner until you ding your door, right?

So yeah... 6 hours into ownership I had the doors off/top down enjoying the freedom. With rain coming tonight around 2am, had to put it back together.... one problem... it was dark outside..

So yeah... I dropped the dang door. I mean, it was on the bolt but wasn't 100% secure (didn't fall all the way into the channel for the bolt). And when I pushed it a bit POOF it fell to the ground.

Luckily it's not terrible. I bent it back a bit and the door operates fine. My neighbor happens to own a high-end body shop so he sees this, a lot, with the Jeep crowd. So he'll take the door and fix it for me.

I just laugh at it. I mean, things like this happen. This is a demo truck for us so i'm not as concerned with the damage. It's also hard to tell it's there unless you look for it. But yeah... I DROPPED MY DOOR! Hahaha what can ya do!

You guys just need to buy more lights from us now to cover our repair bill :)

Ford Bronco Ooopsie! Door Damage 1631761355163

Ford Bronco Ooopsie! Door Damage 1631761362691
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bummer, good you have that body shop available, should be an easy fix.
I have no plans to ever take the doors off, I like my left arm arm rest, but I might do it once just to see how that is. I'll be as careful as holding a newborn then, I don't have a neighbor with a body shop.
I'm sure this can be fixed and noone will notice, good luck!

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ouch

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Easy to do. Doors are heavy and pretty hard to get exactly where they are supposed to be on the hinges. Really helps to have plenty of light and an extra hand.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Easy to do. Doors are heavy and pretty hard to get exactly where they are supposed to be on the hinges. Really helps to have plenty of light and an extra hand.

I bet having the door bags woulda been a smart idea too :) But I didn't get them. I'm thinking I should order those... I think I may also put a piece of thick foam under the door when I go to do it next time. I have it in the garage from my crawl space, so it's added insurance and will save me I bet

Sponsored

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks, but fortunate your neighbor owns a shop!
good to see taking it in stride

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That sucks, but fortunate your neighbor owns a shop!
good to see taking it in stride
Shit happens. What can ya do but laugh at dumb mistakes. It's a minor one that you can't notice and can be fixed easily.

I mean this trucks getting an overhaul ANYWAY so it's not a big deal

357Mag

Wildtrak
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.buildingmybronco.com
Vehicle(s)
G35
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah... I'm one of "those guys" now. I mean, in a way it's like a badge of honor right? You're not a REAL Bronco owner until you ding your door, right?

So yeah... 6 hours into ownership I had the doors off/top down enjoying the freedom. With rain coming tonight around 2am, had to put it back together.... one problem... it was dark outside..

So yeah... I dropped the dang door. I mean, it was on the bolt but wasn't 100% secure (didn't fall all the way into the channel for the bolt). And when I pushed it a bit POOF it fell to the ground.

Luckily it's not terrible. I bent it back a bit and the door operates fine. My neighbor happens to own a high-end body shop so he sees this, a lot, with the Jeep crowd. So he'll take the door and fix it for me.

I just laugh at it. I mean, things like this happen. This is a demo truck for us so i'm not as concerned with the damage. It's also hard to tell it's there unless you look for it. But yeah... I DROPPED MY DOOR! Hahaha what can ya do!

You guys just need to buy more lights from us now to cover our repair bill :)

Its time to mount some light bars, or adjustable lights.. Thanks for the warning on low/no light installation.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Every time I see someone putting these doors on, it looks like a pain in the rear. I thought they were supposed to be easier than a wrangler? It looks like it’s finicky to get the door in right aligned, when putting them on. No window frame to hold onto either. I may have to park on grass the first few times I do it. There is probably a learning curve to it.

Glad you have a good attitude about it. They are just things that can be fixed. At least your taking advantage of what it has to offer. You should tell people you did it wheeling on the rubicon.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I might have missed something but was this your bronco or a dealer demo?

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Every time I see someone putting these doors on, it looks like a pain in the rear. I thought they were supposed to be easier than a wrangler? It looks like it’s finicky to get the door in right aligned, when putting them on. No window frame to hold onto either. I may have to park on grass the first few times I do it. There is probably a learning curve to it.
Taking them off was SUPER EASY. Putting them back on IS easy as well, but you just need to be able to see where they line up.

You'll want to use the little alignment thing Ford gives you, it sits on the lower portion and helps you align it. You just need to make sure the top seats all the way down. I DID NOT. I couldn't see that it was not seated all the way, which was my issue.

If it was day light it would have been a helluva lot easier.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I might have missed something but was this your bronco or a dealer demo?
Dealer demo, shh don't tell them. Kidding. Mine. I was putting the doors on tonight before it rained

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Glad you have a good attitude about it. They are just things that can be fixed. At least your taking advantage of what it has to offer. You should tell people you did it wheeling on the rubicon.

"Yeah I banged up my door when I was pulling a JK out of the mud"

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will be buying a moon bounce to park mine on when I do the door work.