BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good. When you say rub, is that at full lock or rubbing on inner fender when hitting bumps? I will probably end up running 37" Coopers on a 00 offset wheel myself but most likely a 12.5" and not 13.5" width. Does the manual BD have the 4.7 gears or something else? I do agree that the BD interior is better than the BL. Wish I could find someone to swap with.
Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

the bigger front dif, locker, gears. But I liked the black diamond interior way better.
Disconnect I could care less, as you can tell I took the sway bar out lol. If I break something down the road I can always upgrade
How does it drive on the road without the sway bar? This is a big question when looking at BD or basesquatch. In a straight axle Jeep you want that sway bar, but on an IFS Bronco it could be a different story. One of the things I'm really wondering about.

Also, I heard that the sway bar mount bushings are vulcanized to the sway bar, making it more difficult to remove the links like we do on a Jeep. Can you verify or disprove that? Ryan from 4WP told me it would be easier to just remove the whole bar, like you did. Remove the bar at home, do the wheeling trip, and put it back on after the trip. Rather than disconnecting the links at the trailhead.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Cruising around town is good, feels about the same. Decrease in highway speeds. 6th gear is cruise control speed now. Before I had good acceleration with the 32s in 6th. Mileage before I was 18-19 mixed. Down to 16-17
Thanks for an honest realistic answer. I don't want a manual, but you manual guys do have the advantage over the auto guys with the lower diff gears in non-squatch Broncos.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good. When you say rub, is that at full lock or rubbing on inner fender when hitting bumps? I will probably end up running 37" Coopers on a 00 offset wheel myself but most likely a 12.5" and not 13.5" width. Does the manual BD have the 4.7 gears or something else? I do agree that the BD interior is better than the BL. Wish I could find someone to swap with.
BD has 4.46 gears. Only BL gets the 4.7 and manual.

Ford Bronco My Black Diamond Bronco with 37's, 2" spacers, 4WP upper control arms & rear track bar, Method 701 1631801302713

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just watched TCC’s latest video where he took his non-Sas badlands with the 2” lift from 4wp and running 37s. He was rubbing a lot especially when running fast in Baja mode and using TTA. Wonder if you will see the same.
I'd say worse being on 13.5 tires.
Also Mitch from TCC posted another video where he ripped off the inner front fender liner.

Sponsored

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How's the road noise on those STT Pros with the soft top? I'm trying to decide on which tires to get - thinking grabber x3s or Mickey T Baja boss AT...

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What are your plans for the mismatched spare?

Ford Bronco My Black Diamond Bronco with 37's, 2" spacers, 4WP upper control arms & rear track bar, Method 701 1631803004839

OP
OP
Bronco_joe

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How's the road noise on those STT Pros with the soft top? I'm trying to decide on which tires to get - thinking grabber x3s or Mickey T Baja boss AT...
Not bad at all. They are still fairly new though. Not like some tires you can hear halfway down the road..

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nice job! I also really appreciate the tag on front bumper. I have same bumper and need to install front tag.

Like your lights by mirrors as well.

Im running 37x12.5 tires on 17 wheels with all the 4WP gear. So far no issues with rubbing etc. The only thing Ive noticed is when turning into my kid school going over large bump mid turn it makes a brief noise but not sure if its a rub or noise related to a feautre my FJ cruiser had where when you go over certain deep bumps or small hills damn thing would freak out and all dash lights would come on (totally normal in FJ). Stupid feature if you ask me. Or its the sway bar, might need to disconnect to eliminate the brief minor noise since front axle articulates so much turning into the school. Idk. Whatever it is, it Not bad. Just something to note for future and drive a tad slower when hitting that angle.

Oh and I have full size matching spare. its bolted the upgraded 4WP tire holder. Works great.

Congrats again on your rig. Looks good!!

Ford Bronco My Black Diamond Bronco with 37's, 2" spacers, 4WP upper control arms & rear track bar, Method 701 HYoqFdZT-166789555

Sponsored

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TX21BRONC

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Hemi, Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks awesome. That is some serious meat stuffed in there. I am sure it will look/perform better with the King setup. Not sure I have seen anyone with the King setup yet as I think they are all preorder now. I did see the prototype YouTube video but it will be excellent to see a 6G member show if off once they are available. Ride looks sick though!

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How's the on road driving with the sway bar removed? Could you get away with leaving it off.

I bet someone will come up with a quick disconnect for the entire bar....

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Black Diamond non-sasquatch 2.3 manual.
Installed Rough Country 2 inch spacers, 4WP upper control arms and rear track bar.
37x13.50x17 cooper discoverer stt pro tires
Method 701 17x8.5 0 offset

These tires were off my 2016 ram 2500 and just barely rub. I would much rather have 35s but wasn't buying a whole new set of tires.

I have king shocks on pre-order and was impatient so ordered the spacers to install the arms and track bar. Everything installed fairly easy and the 4wp stuff is decent quality. As for spacers, I'm not a fan of them, but that's what's out right now.
As someone relatively new to 4x4's and body on frame I was wondering if you could help me understand. With the upper control arms and the rear track bar, are these two upgraded parts necessary when running a spacer lift or are these primarily in preparation for the new shocks? For the track bar I imagine at only 2" of lift the axle isn't necessarily being shifted enough to make the track bar entirely necessary, but again very new to lifting vehicles. For the control arm is the main purpose better travel? If so, does the spacer lift negate the longer travel and thus the control arms won't really come into play until the shocks arrive?

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cruising around town is good, feels about the same. Decrease in highway speeds. 6th gear is cruise control speed now. Before I had good acceleration with the 32s in 6th. Mileage before I was 18-19 mixed. Down to 16-17
This may seem obvious to you but have you compensated for tire size in calculating mileage? It is not insignificant. You may be getting similar mileage to before.
Sponsored