Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’ve been talking to a dealer about putting a deposit on their demo and purchasing when the 6 months/mileage requirement was met. We were talking about a slight discount from MSRP and I even started the info on my trade in. This is what I got via email this morning-

<<<<just left a meeting with my GM and on this Bronco I have some new that mat defer us going any further. According to my GM, Ford is making us add over $4k of "add-on Features" to this bronco and because so they are driving the price up to almost $6k over MSRP with no discounts available even as a "Demo" unit. Let me know your thoughts on this and I'll do what i need to on my end to help. Thanks again and have a great day.>>>

Of course I said no way and called BS about Ford making them do anything and that if the GM is not willing to honor our original deal he needs to own it. Anyone heard of Ford “making these dealers honor MSRP and add several thousand in add ons? It already has over 1500 miles on it.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I’ve been talking to a dealer about putting a deposit on their demo and purchasing when the 6 months/mileage requirement was met. We were talking about a slight discount from MSRP and I even started the info on my trade in. This is what I got via email this morning-

<<<<just left a meeting with my GM and on this Bronco I have some new that mat defer us going any further. According to my GM, Ford is making us add over $4k of "add-on Features" to this bronco and because so they are driving the price up to almost $6k over MSRP with no discounts available even as a "Demo" unit. Let me know your thoughts on this and I'll do what i need to on my end to help. Thanks again and have a great day.>>>

Of course I said no way and called BS about Ford making them do anything and that if the GM is not willing to honor our original deal he needs to own it. Anyone heard of Ford “making these dealers honor MSRP and add several thousand in add ons? It already has over 1500 miles on it.
Unless you had a specific offer and you accepted, then he can do what he wants. If you haven't accepted, he can pull the offer at anytime, and it sounds like he did. Since it's not ready anyway, why not just order one through a dealer who will guarantee MSRP, or drive up to PA and pay less than invoice for one you order through Chapman?

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless you had a specific offer and you accepted, then he can do what he wants. If you haven't accepted, he can pull the offer at anytime, and it sounds like he did. Since it's not ready anyway, why not just order one through a dealer who will guarantee MSRP, or drive up to PA and pay less than invoice for one you order through Chapman?
Yes I realize that. But I’m not going to let him slide under the “Ford made me” BS. If he’s changing the deal I knew that was possible going in. Don’t give me the Ford is making me add parts for $6k more. Just own up to the fact you are adding ADM.
It was 27 years ago that I tried to buy a Ford because of dealer BS- it may be the last time I ever try to buy one.

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny thing is, right in the ad title it says “no unwanted add ons or accessories!”.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this offer from Chapman specific to ordered Broncos? I ask because their web site shows multiple Broncos priced well over MSRP.

Sponsored

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are add ons that are supposed to be added to vehicle. He's not wrong in that regard. A stipulation as part of this demo/mannequin program is that there are supposed to be accessories installed onto the vehicle provided by Ford. The dealership I work at has had the demo unit since July 12th, we have yet to receive these accessories. As for the pricing, no idea what's up with that as we have no idea what accessories are supposed to be installed.

Last edited:

uniqueusername

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes I realize that. But I’m not going to let him slide under the “Ford made me” BS. If he’s changing the deal I knew that was possible going in. Don’t give me the Ford is making me add parts for $6k more. Just own up to the fact you are adding ADM.
It was 27 years ago that I tried to buy a Ford because of dealer BS- it may be the last time I ever try to buy one.
Take this for what it's worth...

The last time I was in my dealership we were talking add-ons. I was told that Ford was making/encouraging strongly dealerships to do add-ons to their mannequins at the expense of the dealership. Ford wants to show off the customizability of the trucks.

Could be some truth to what the dealership is telling you. If they're out of pocket on those parts, only makes since they'd want to recoup that expense.

Should be easy to tell if it's ADM or for add-ons though.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this offer from Chapman specific to ordered Broncos? I ask because their web site shows multiple Broncos priced well over MSRP.
Yes, that's for ordered Broncos only. I would expect them to make up some margin on Broncos that aren't picked up.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer said the same thing! Ford required them to take accessories, but they have not installed them yet. My dealer told me day one that the price would be MSRP on all Bronco's.

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok so maybe that’s true. Don’t discuss a price with a customer that you can’t keep. If someone is up front with me and says “there’s going to be ADM” or “Ford is requiring me to add add-ons” that’s fine. I can take or leave it and no hard feelings. We were right up to the point I was going to send the deposit, sent in all my trade in details, etc, THEN they come back with it. That’s what pissed me off. Plus the ad title stating I’m big bold letters “no unwanted add ons or accessories”.
I don’t/won’t play games- be upfront and honest from the start and it doesn’t bother me.

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There was a flyer floating around that showed the packages that the dealers would get for the Mannequins. However, these packages aren't necessarily correct as they were made when the 4 doors were to have hardtops, so I never saw the updated list. Only thing I do know is all the packages were to get a winch.

The dealer doesn't order the accessories, Ford just has them sent, hence the reason they still don't know.

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Didn't hear any of that forced crap from the dealer and they didn't add anything other than what I ordered. Got the bronco exactly how I wanted it when I took delivery of it

Wild51

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same thing happened to me in Palm Bay, Florida. Called about their Cyber Orange Wildtrack demo that was posted for sale. Told me it was MSRP. Drove an hour and there was gum on the inside plastic window in the backseat (after it had been detailed) and had 2k miles on it. Sales manager then stated he “had to” sell it at ADM 10k over sticker price.

I walked.

MudHorse

Badlands
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang Convertible, 2012 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, My dealer has what they call a Mannequin Bronco in the showroom. They are required to install a bunch of Ford Performance upgrade options on it and display it for 6 months or so before they can sell it. Must be a marketing thing.

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, My dealer has what they call a Mannequin Bronco in the showroom. They are required to install a bunch of Ford Performance upgrade options on it and display it for 6 months or so before they can sell it. Must be a marketing thing.
Good info- thanks! Again I have no problem with that. Just don’t begin a deal and last minute tell me now the price has gone up. Tell me up front- no issues.
Sponsored