Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's what I want, too. We have the same problem in Florida. I was driving home the other night and my husband told me to get in a different lane because he was worried I would hit a deer in my new Bronco. Sure enough - deer were standing right there.

My son has a very tough set of tube bumpers on his Jeep, and the front has a good sized brush bar. He works late and hit a deer on the way home and it just bounced off. Someone rear ended him and he just had damage to the spare area and back door hinge, no body damage.

I am really hoping for some better alternatives than what I've seen so far. No offense to the early adopters, but they aren't what I am looking for since I'm flatwoods and farm based.
Sponsored

RJC

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are any of you vendors put there planning a true brushguard, either stand alone or for the modular bumper, instead of just bull bars?

We folks in West Texas need something that splits deer and rolls feral hogs. Hitting those on county roads is a bigger risk than brush damage in our part of the woods. It needs to be heavy enough to push 250 lb hogs under the diff, and push a 100 lb deer (which are taller) to the side. That is the main reason we put brush guards on our pick ups.
I'm still looking for exactly that. When I hit a deer I only want to clean up the mess not body repairs. If you find something please post . Thanks

RJC

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are any of you vendors put there planning a true brushguard, either stand alone or for the modular bumper, instead of just bull bars?

We folks in West Texas need something that splits deer and rolls feral hogs. Hitting those on county roads is a bigger risk than brush damage in our part of the woods. It needs to be heavy enough to push 250 lb hogs under the diff, and push a 100 lb deer (which are taller) to the side. That is the main reason we put brush guards on our pick ups.
I'm still looking for exactly that. When I hit a deer I only want to clean up the mess not body repairs. If you find something please post . Thanks
Something like this ??????

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b8e.jpg

it is built to push rocks under the diff and Jeeps off to the side to get by on the trail. 😁
Where do I get it

RJC

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still waiting for something to pop up. I had a rough country one, but they failed to say that it only fits with the stock bumper. Of course after I brought that up they finally updated their website
Happened to me to, very annoyed

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Every deer I've hit has been within 5 miles of my house. I feel your need!
About a week ago, I was doing a 400km drive. A car burnt down on the side of the highway causing real bad traffic, so it took me over 6 hours. I was literally 800m from turning onto my road, when I saw a small deer leaning into the road from the shoulder. Fortunately, it decided not to enter into my lane, but I would have been SO mad, as I was already exhausted from the long frustrating drive, and so close to home.

Sponsored

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Happened to me to, very annoyed
At least I got a refund and they paid for shipping back, but It was annoying wasting time thinking I was doing something wrong and trying to repackage that thing after I threw the box out. I am guessing there was a bunch of people that had this issue since they now updated their website with the correct fitting bumper info.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Looks like Ranch Hand out of Shiner, TX might be working on something as they have the 2021 Bronco in their drop down menu, but no bumpers listed at the moment.
I had a Ranch Hand step bumper on my 95 Lighting. I could back into a deer and not make a dent! The step for towing was 5/8 plate. Could pull a building down with it!

might need extra leveling in the front if you add a Ranch Hand!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Texas deer is like a small dog, right? Not like a Wisconsn deer
No, the Texas deer are just smarter. They look up from eating as you wiz by at 75. The dumb ass deer up here go, “let’s try and stop that car by running in front of it”. I drove down to the hill country every 6-8 weeks for years. Saw millions of them since I left there at 1:00 am and headed north to Wisconsin and except for October and November where, well, you know, the other brain was working, they rarely crossed the road.

I will say they are a bit smaller, but not that much.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Texas deer is like a small dog, right? Not like a Wisconsn deer
We have Axis deer in Texas too (pic included). They are bigger than white tails and breed like rabbits. We can shoot them year round with no bag limit, even spot light them in the dead of night! I've seen some pretty big white tails in the past decade too, lots of northern genetics being bred into a ton of operations in South Texas. A good brush guard is always a bonus in the sticks.
Ford Bronco True Brushguards IMG_1764

Some Axis and small White Tail in my front yard!

OP
OP

Jmh

Badlands
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Texas White Tails are a little smaller than Northern White Tails but in West Texas, we also have mule and Axis deer. Both are considerably larger and can destroy the front end of a pickup. The feral hogs are a huge problem, to the extent no license is needed and helicopters and flame throwers are legal means of taking them. I have seen boars that were over 350 lbs. Yesterday my brother passed scattered hog and car parts on the road from his ranch to work. Judging by the car parts, there was substantial damage. With a proper brush guard, (ranch hand, etc. ), there would be no damage. A couple of months ago. a whole platoon of hogs ran in front of his F350. He plowed through them with satisfying results and no damage other than powder coat on the brush guard. That is what is needed.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a Ranch Hand step bumper on my 95 Lighting. I could back into a deer and not make a dent! The step for towing was 5/8 plate. Could pull a building down with it!

might need extra leveling in the front if you add a Ranch Hand!
I have Ranch Hand bumpers front and back on my current F-150. Backed into a yellow concrete post on night in a parking lot during a thunder storm. Bust chunks of concrete out of the post, i just had to wipe of the yellow paint from the bumper....

Ford Bronco True Brushguards 1631890108734
Sponsored