Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Would like to see this article gain traction! The guy states it perfectly in the article, "Others say that their dealer will not commit to a price until the truck comes in, reserving the right to add markups and effectively negating the purpose of ordering directly."

Mic drop.

No problem at all with these dealers marking up their stock and canceled units, but adding ADM on a custom order is bad business, not capitalism.

Another quote from the article, "But it's particularly weird and predatory to add markups to special-order cars, especially when the original order was for a vehicle at MSRP."

Amen!

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

More info in on this....

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn. They still had to pay $5K over. @Ford Motor Company really needs to get a handle on this ADM crap. There’s literally zero point to having MSRP protection if the dealers can slap whatever fee they want before final sale.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is he outcome. If you haven’t watched the first video, do that before watching part 2. I’m still bummed for them on the final outcome.

Part 2 - the outcome

Part 1 - we have a major problem

Sponsored

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That really doesn't work here.

These are (eventually going to be) mass produced vehicles. I get the late production start, chip issues, and hard top debacle will limit the MY21 and possibly MY22 production numbers, but MAP is built out to make 250K units a year with a 60/40 Bronco/Ranger ration. 125K plus units a year does a collectors item make.
This

First and foremost, if you pay over MSRP your being foolish. Yes, I get it. You've been waiting desperately for a vehicle you're dying to recieve and at this point, are willing to go to great lengths to get it - And if you don't pay the ADM, it'll just go to someone else who will.
Let it. Let that person be the fool.
The Bronco is an excellent vehicle, but it is not a groundbreaking new design nor a limited run.

As much as it may feel like that now. And those are the only reasonable reasons to pay over MSRP.

The Bronco only feels limited because of the botched launch and continued building restraints. Unless Ford decides to scrap production, it will not be a collectors item.

Paying more to be the first to have one is not reasonable.

That is not to say I back the dealers who are pulling this crap. They are lower than the sludge at the bottom of a sewer pipe. They are taking advantage of the slow rollout, because they know there are plenty of folks with more money than sense that will pay extra. Or those who will let the emotion built up by the long wait convince themselves paying an extra $10k is better than the suffering the disappointment of walking away.

In the long run all these stories in the national press will tarnish the Bronco name and make people think it's an overpriced vanity vehicle.

...is it any wonder why Wrangler sales keep going up during this launch?

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

“We want to make this right. How about 5k over sticker?” I would have laughed my ass off at them. The only way to make it right is offer MSRP. Fuck that dealership.

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Agree, glad they were able to get it and expect a lot of this to be going on. I live 2 miles from that dealership, and went 25 miles away to Cochran for a reason based on friends' experiences. I tried to get others on the Pittsburgh Group to do the same for below MSRP. I think some followed.

Last edited:

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live 2 miles from that dealership, and went 25 miles away to Cochran for a reason. I tried to get others on the Pittsburgh Group to do the same for below MSRP. I think some followed.
I did! Thanks Shawn!

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Updated with outcome in Part 2 video:

All the people who chime in that their price should have been negotiated at"ordering" time we get it... lost dealers are sucking at communications and have no clue. I didn't get a purchase order either and thankfully my dealer is honoring MSRP..

But this video sucks to watch for this couple.

(n)

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Guy has a 'relationship' with this dealer for 20 years, sold him 20 cars, and yet here we are. Shows everything you need to know about this dealership.
Unreal. Sorry, didn't make it through the whole scenario. Just saw Moon Ford and expected where it was headed.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apparently this guy treasures his “relationship” with this Ford dealer much more than they treasure him. You’ve been with that dealer for 20 years- working there and buying cars thru them from your whole family- and they pull this crap?? No f’ing way. I’d ride that national attention as hard as it would go and tell them stick to our ordered price or pay a price on your reputation. He had a chance to hold not only this dealers feet to the fire, but every dealer that pulls this crap.
Sponsored