Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What if all DM tops were replaced by now and awaiting paperwork. Funny thought?
funny thought then all Ford(Levine) has to do is tweet that and all the speculation would stop and excitement restart.

#masscommfailure
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brandon1282

Brandon1282

First Edition
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRD, 2021 GMC 1500 AT4 3.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My point is Ford needs to multi task if they want to satisfy both demands. They promised both will get done and have even started early. Just because they haven't gotten to yours yet seems to be why you think you have a valid complaint.
No, my complaint is valid because Ford explicitly stated that no new hard top vehicles would be produced until the vehicles already produced had their tops replaced.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, my complaint is valid because Ford explicitly stated that no new hard top vehicles would be produced until the vehicles already produced had their tops replaced.
I see both sides of the coin, if they have over capacity of tops their going to put them on the line. I just hope it's a good sign of progress on the swaps and it's the admin/shipping side of things holding the updates.

PavementQueen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clearly the majority of people in this thread have never worked in Manufacturing. As someone who has worked in manufacturing for many years and previously worked directly for a auto manufacturer in the past, this is completely normal. You cannot expect the words of one exec to be followed when the situation is constantly changing, and they are exploring all options and alternatives. When that email was sent out it was obviously their intention, but they were probably able to scale production faster than expected or receive larger hard top shipments. Most likely what happened is they can't get the DM vehicles over to the mod shop as fast as they can create production vehicles and have an excess of tops combined with a need to deliver first edition, wildtrak, and other hard top broncos with VIN numbers already created for 2021...so might as well get a move on. Just because the website didn't constantly crash for your lucky A before 1st editions were gone, and you were able to reserve a 1st Edition doesn't qualify you for some special award or treatment at the sacrifice of others or the company itself.

Sponsored

Bendbig21

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 S10, 2019 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe table the over reaction until somebody actually receives a newly built Bronco with the MIC 2.0? Nah, this is 6g, full speed ahead and damn the torpedo's!
I was thinking the same thing, I'm not sure I should worry about build dates any more I reserved back in July 2020 all emails I get are push backs. Anyways my worry now is that I hope my dealer doesn't try to jack up price!!

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And your parents probably told you Santa Claus was real. Regardless you got your gifts and you'll get your Bronco.

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So it looks like Ford has lied to us once again. Despite Ford clearly saying that the Broncos already produced with the bad MIC Tops that are currently being held at MAP (actually sitting on Dirt Mountain) would get new tops before producing any additional vehicles with hard tops, it looks like that is not the case. The FE shown below was produced this week (9/16/21), shows as built, and is scheduled to be shipped. How can Ford continually lie to (or at the very least mislead) the customers over and over again?

Care to comment @Ford Motor Company ?

8225936B-993D-416C-857E-9FF48453F46A.png

97E8D0EF-FEAD-4640-B37B-B23D0F826FAC.jpeg
I think most people knew if the Mic Top was produce in large enough quantities that there would be Three lines being worked all at once. The First line was the Dirt Mountain Broncos, replacing Defective Mic Tops. The second line was shipping and scheduling of Mic Top replacements for Broncos that were delivered. The final line is the assembly line producing new Broncos. I am happy they were able to start manufacturing 2.0 MIC Tops one Month ahead of schedule, I hope you are too.
Manufacturing is a balancing act, especially in the COVID world we live in. Things seem to be proceeding well ahead schedule when it comes to the MIC 2.0. Good Luck. ;)

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a completely reasonable thing for Ford to do and not surprising in the least.

Nonetheless the continued inaccuracy in Ford's communication sucks. These are self-inflicted wounds to Ford's customer relationship that should not be occurring. It's a valid thing to bitch about.

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would not get in a tizzy over this because it is an FE and Ford ALSO committed to getting all of those produced and each one needs a hardtop. If this situation happened with any other trim level, it would be a different story. I think FEs are exceptions to all these rules.

Sponsored

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They def say whatever they can to paint themselves in the best light possible... the follow through is never in line with their initial plan though. But the news cycle these days goes by quick and they move on to the next narrative. We knew all along what a PITA it was going to be to move those Dirt Mountain broncos over and onesy twosy them together. Expect Dirt Mountain folk to be taking delivery well after the new year.

OP
OP
Brandon1282

Brandon1282

First Edition
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRD, 2021 GMC 1500 AT4 3.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It's a completely reasonable thing for Ford to do and not surprising in the least.

Nonetheless the continued inaccuracy in Ford's communication sucks. These are self-inflicted wounds to Ford's customer relationship that should not be occurring. It's a valid thing to bitch about.
Again, if they are able to now crank out the tops in numbers that they have never before been able to achieve, to the point that they have produced enough to replace all of the MIC 1.0s and now they are back to producing new vehicles, great. But why not communicate that to those of us stuck on Dirt Mountain. If they know that they can only replace X tops per day, then they should be able to give everyone an estimate as to how long it will be until their DMB is built and ready for shipment (kind of like what they said they would do). But thus far, crickets.

I understand that things change, but based on the colossal mess this whole thing has been, communicating changes such as these are extremely important.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand that things change, but based on the colossal mess this whole thing has been, communicating changes such as these are extremely important.
No argument from me there. The frequency and quality of their communications to Bronco orderers are both terrible. Regardless of how much Ford is or is not to blame for the delays and issues, they are definitely at fault when it comes to their messaging. That's something they can completely control.

Hopefully getting the MIC assembly line up and running earlier than advertised marks a turning point in this fiasco.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So it looks like Ford has lied to us once again. Despite Ford clearly saying that the Broncos already produced with the bad MIC Tops that are currently being held at MAP (actually sitting on Dirt Mountain) would get new tops before producing any additional vehicles with hard tops, it looks like that is not the case. The FE shown below was produced this week (9/16/21), shows as built, and is scheduled to be shipped. How can Ford continually lie to (or at the very least mislead) the customers over and over again?

Care to comment @Ford Motor Company ?

8225936B-993D-416C-857E-9FF48453F46A.png

97E8D0EF-FEAD-4640-B37B-B23D0F826FAC.jpeg
Yeah, OK, now I'm pissed off. Just wrote the following email to my dealer. I suggest any waiters out there to do the same. I'm a 2/13 reservation that had a 7/21 "production" build date. All the modules in my truck were activated. Feel free to copy any of my email that works for you.

Dear Dealer [Ok, so I changed this part for the posting.]

Ford is evidently not replacing all of the already built bronco tops, but shipping new builds with Webasto 2.0 tops. We need our dealers to speak up and let Ford know that this is affecting your business, not to mention adding insult to injury for customers that have been patiently waiting for their vehicles. I have 12 grand sitting in a savings account that should be in Miracle Fords operational account.

Please do us all a favor and get your Ford rep. on the phone and let him know that this is not OK. Time for action my friend, don't let Ford push your dealership around because you are not a crazy mega-dealer in Franklin or whererever! I stand by you, this is the 4th vehicle I have bought from y'all.

Newly Produced Broncos Being Shipped with MIC 2.0 Ahead of DM Replacements | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Steven A. Cummings, ACMT
[email protected]
Sponsored