Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You say that, but Ford sent me an email that said absolutely under no circumstances would any vehicle come off any assembly line anywhere for any reason until all dirt mountain builds were fixed
They were going to idle all plants in the world

well. Maybe they didn’t
That’s actually the point I’m making- they say a lot of things but don’t actuality do them.
Sponsored

mortgagebruce

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon Hard Rock (SOLD) / 2020 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think it’s reasonable to conclude that they may have allocated the first X thousand of MIC 2 tops to the dirt mountain gang and then allowed production to continue for new builds. Replacing the tops isn’t the same as a new vehicle being built down the assembly line.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah, OK, now I'm pissed off. Just wrote the following email to my dealer. I suggest any waiters out there to do the same. I'm a 2/13 reservation that had a 7/21 "production" build date. All the modules in my truck were activated. Feel free to copy any of my email that works for you.

Dear Dealer [Ok, so I changed this part for the posting.]

Ford is evidently not replacing all of the already built bronco tops, but shipping new builds with Webasto 2.0 tops. We need our dealers to speak up and let Ford know that this is affecting your business, not to mention adding insult to injury for customers that have been patiently waiting for their vehicles. I have 12 grand sitting in a savings account that should be in Miracle Fords operational account.

Please do us all a favor and get your Ford rep. on the phone and let him know that this is not OK. Time for action my friend, don't let Ford push your dealership around because you are not a crazy mega-dealer in Franklin or whererever! I stand by you, this is the 4th vehicle I have bought from y'all.

Newly Produced Broncos Being Shipped with MIC 2.0 Ahead of DM Replacements | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Steven A. Cummings, ACMT
[email protected]
Since I'm paying cash for my Bronco instead of just a small down payment do you think my dealer will take my letter seriously?

Johnnycab

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well mine is a FE too and its been stuck on Dirt Mountain for months. They said they would replace all of the bad tops on the vehicle being held before moving on to producing additional Broncos.

1631901611476.png
Has anyone thought that it’s possible they’re replacing tops and making new vehicles at the same time. My kudos to Ford.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In fact it's the ONLY power OP has here. Vote with your wallet.
But sadly the only one that will be affected is the OP. Ford will still sell the Bronco to the dealer, the dealer will then sell it to another customer possibly at a higher price. There's absolutely no way to hurt Ford, or any Ford dealer out there by waking away from an order. In my mind the best thing to do is just wait it out, and get the Bronco. We've waited this long. A little longer, while quite aggravating, isn't going to make that much difference. And, it will all go away the day we drive our new Bronco off the lot.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They are building new MIC Broncos but it doesn't seem to be very many. My is in next weeks batch and if you look at the 9/20 build week thread there is less than 20 of us in there with window stickers and MIC 2.0 tops. I am sure they are building more than that but in previous build weeks there have been a lot more forum members getting window stickers.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

and now they are back to producing new vehicles,
They previously stipulated that not a single Bronco would be built this week and the week aint over until the fat lady sings

You are obsessing over an unknown.

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They appear to be doing both, so why is that a problem? If they have plenty of tops and the line does not affect refit throughput who cares?
Absolutely, if the situation on the ground allows, you have to adapt and do both!! I can see Ford making adjustments hour by hour or day by day depending on the actual situation. You know their goal has to be to deliver as many units as possible as quickly as possible. It seems like they might be over performing their original target plan or goal at the moment and that is likely a good thing for Ford and us! I don't understand this obsession with bashing everyone or anything that is not absolutely perfect. They are doing the best they can trying to feed a starving wild pack of dingos! I know I wouldn't want that task! LOL

Last edited:

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

1. Its definitely a MIC top because its a FE

2. It has a "Built" date on the tracker and est. shipping time which is more than anyone stuck on Dirt Mountain has.
What is it about "first" that makes you think it should not be "first" In theory not a single other order than the FE's should have been built until the last FE rolled off the line

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What if they had the parts to build other Broncos
And they had the labor to build other Broncos to put the parts together

what if the labor had bills to pay, mouths to feed?
Then what. What if people need to work to support themselves?

then what
They're building soft tops...production isn't stopping because of MIC shortage. We were emailed this and it's been known for quite a while. How do folks still not know what's going on? Ford can't just pop MIC tops out of their ass and we won't see them in any real quantity until next year.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think it’s reasonable to conclude that they may have allocated the first X thousand of MIC 2 tops to the dirt mountain gang and then allowed production to continue for new builds. Replacing the tops isn’t the same as a new vehicle being built down the assembly line.
It feels like I keep reading the same pages over and over with the same stupid crap. This thread should be put out of it's misery. :(

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They are building new MIC Broncos but it doesn't seem to be very many. My is in next weeks batch and if you look at the 9/20 build week thread there is less than 20 of us in there with window stickers and MIC 2.0 tops. I am sure they are building more than that but in previous build weeks there have been a lot more forum members getting window stickers.
You do realize b6g represents possibly 5% of the total customer base? That build chart is really of little use.
Sponsored