John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They're building soft tops...production isn't stopping because of MIC shortage. We were emailed this and it's been known for quite a while. How do folks still not know what's going on? Ford can't just pop MIC tops out of their ass and we won't see them in any real quantity until next year.
Well the problem is Ford let Webasto pop the MIC 1.0 units out of their ass.

And really, this is like day 6 of absolutely ZERO Bronco line production, unless Ford lied about the shutdown in favor of all Ranger

I'm sure this is the case. Putting a new MIC top on is a quick step
Should take less than 10 minutes per unit once they have tops and vehicles in place. If I recall from official removal videos you have 4 panels removable by one person, 2 bolts, two people to lift and remove the clamshell, oh and a couple of plugs for wiper and defroster

I'm on page 8 of 12, I can't read anymore. Seems to me Ford is overproducing and that's a bad thing...I can't figure it out.

On another note, I have never been involved with a first year rollout so I don't know how they are suppose to go. All I ever hear is how bad they are- Explorer, Tesla, Mustang.

Can anybody give me an example of a good first year rollout? Serious question. Is just the way they are? Are they all a cluster...? If so, I guess Ford is doing ok, first year is just freak show.

I enjoy it, it's like watching a reality TV show. Seeing the actions and reactions of a major corporation to expected and unexpected circumstance. Throw in the social reactions by those here and its actually fascinating.

I'm out. there's bigger issues.
All manufacturers have been over producing for years. There is no reason for 6 months inventory sitting around gathering dust and cobwebs. Gone are the days of dealer to dealer transfer. And forget about them utilizing just in time methods to produce as ordered vehicles within a week, which they could do.

Last Ford rollout without a glitch? 1928 Model A. 1932 Flathead V8, ??

Can I get that in White with a Chick-fil-A "Tax the Rich" motif?
Sure, but no driving on Sunday

Not having a DM bronco (or any bronco for that matter) If they are doing both new builds and replacements at the same time I'm for it. It could cut down on some of the Dealer stock stripped filler Broncos if they were able to put out hard tops sooner than later.
Their intent was supposedly to satisfy all the current delivered MIC 1.0 before clearing Dirt Mountain. Folks should be glad they are pushing out units. There has never to my knowledge been a MIC 1.0 issue other than fit and finish. When the snow comes be glad you have a MIC 1.0 and not a softtop only.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why isn't "Welp, this sucks." sufficient enough for this thread?
Because the people need, no demand, their 2 minutes of hate. Whether it is over a real, a perceived or completely made up enemy is irrelevant.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2 minutes of hate
some of us are just more in-tune with our emotions :)

Psychologists will tell you venting your frustrations alleviates tension and stress.

And if you didn't need a psychologist BEFORE reserving a Bronco, its totally understandable if you have one now.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Psychologists will tell you venting your frustrations alleviates tension and stress.

And if you didn't need a psychologist BEFORE reserving a Bronco, its totally understandable if you have one now.
But what if you already were a psychologist... Think how messed up you would be then!

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But what if you already were a psychologist... Think how messed up you would be then!
Doctor....All I see is birdshit on my Dirt Mountain Bronco

Ford Bronco Newly Produced Broncos Being Shipped with MIC Top 2.0 Ahead of "Dirt Mountain" Replacements? 1631975453210

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last night Jeopardy clue, a USMC mantra to the effect

"Pain is just weakness leaving your body"

Think how much stronger we will all be due to the pain of wait and non-information, oh the agony, and I feel soooo much better

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But your numbers look pessimistic - and wrong -

First of all, it's already been two (2) weeks making MIC2.0 - not just one, as you claim -
On 9/7, @PREMiERdrum said they "started 9/3 and were cranking them out all weekend" -

The total # of 'remedial' hardtops is less than 10,000 -
@Monster1926 said total FE's being made are only 4500 or less - many were not converted to order - and many were 99'd - then you have DM hardtops - and recall/replacement hardtops -
Total less than 10,000 -

If Ford/Webasto can't make at least 15,000 MIC hardtops per month, then Ford does not have a viable product -
From 9/3 to 12/13 is well over 3-months - they should be able to make at least 30,000 hardtops for MY21 - or maybe MIC2.0 still has problems ???
You think Webasto is making 15k tops a month? LMAO! You must be new here...I would be willing to bet a crisp high five that no more than 1000 a week are coming out of that plant and that's extremely optimistic. We will get all bad tops covered, FEs done and MAYBE a few extras sprinkled in but I highly doubt it.

Mikesmallcrawler21

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No one is suggesting they stop production, but they committed to not building any additional hard top vehicles until the ones already produced and sitting there were corrected. Ford cannot seem to follow through on any commitments to its customers.
I believe FORD said..... no MIC top production other than FE and ALREADY SCHEDULED Wildtraks.. (WT being a MIC top only option) ... until Dirt Mountain is cleared. Meaning if they have the parts to build either of those plus MIC top they would build new ones.
Can anyone post that media release?

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Complaining about production and clearing dirt mountain being done in parallel might be the worst take I’ve seen on this board.

I told my kid he would get cake for his birthday. I gave him cake and ice cream instead and he has never forgiven me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BigBlake

Wildtrak
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The letter also said they wouldn't start replacing the DM Bronco hardtops until October and they already started to replace them and ship them.... yet another lie from those devils over at Ford.... Not sure what the big deal is, sounds like progress to me. Mines been built since June, hopefully I'll have it for Christmas!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You think Webasto is making 15k tops a month? LMAO! You must be new here...I would be willing to bet a crisp high five that no more than 1000 a week are coming out of that plant and that's extremely optimistic. We will get all bad tops covered, FEs done and MAYBE a few extras sprinkled in but I highly doubt it.
While I am pretty sure that they are not making 15k per month, I would take that bet, as I think that they can do at least 1500 per week.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm on page 8 of 12, I can't read anymore. Seems to me Ford is overproducing and that's a bad thing...I can't figure it out.

On another note, I have never been involved with a first year rollout so I don't know how they are suppose to go. All I ever hear is how bad they are- Explorer, Tesla, Mustang.

Can anybody give me an example of a good first year rollout? Serious question. Is just the way they are? Are they all a cluster...? If so, I guess Ford is doing ok, first year is just freak show.

I enjoy it, it's like watching a reality TV show. Seeing the actions and reactions of a major corporation to expected and unexpected circumstance. Throw in the social reactions by those here and its actually fascinating.

I'm out. there's bigger issues.
I bought a 1984 Bronco II before any were on the streets, 10 weeks and I had it, flawless. That said I'm OK (not happy but OK) waiting for this one.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For the DM gang, would you rather have the absolute first MIC 2.0 tops coming off the line? Or would you rather have them make a few to make sure it is right before getting your DM Bronco's top replaced?

For me I'd rather have the later, but I won't get either because I don't even have a VIN yet.
I'd like an accurate delivery date, even if its not until New Year's Eve. It was "built" 2 months ago. Waiting in the unknown is frustrating.
Sponsored