Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get rid of the Goodyear tires, rock grabbers that get tossed, poor design.
once they wear out I'll look at options, not gonna toss new tires and have no patience to deal with selling them to somebody. And what ever the tire, I still don't want a rooster tail of trail muck up my doors, ever. Flappers it is for me. Don't care for the look, but won't even notice them after a day or two.
But from my 5 min experience on a gravel lot, they do pick up and toss rocks a lot more than what ever I have on my Tacoma right now.
Sponsored

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

once they wear out I'll look at options, not gonna toss new tires and have no patience to deal with selling them to somebody. And what ever the tire, I still don't want a rooster tail of trail muck up my doors, ever. Flappers it is for me. Don't care for the look, but won't even notice them after a day or two.
But from my 5 min experience on a gravel lot, they do pick up and toss rocks a lot more than what ever I have on my Tacoma right now.
Look into using LineX on the areas that need protection. They color match it and you can't tell it's there. A friend just did it on a new Tundra. Blow up the pic you can barely see the line.

Ford Bronco What are you using for MUD FLAPS? FB_IMG_1627505173787

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They contacted me via IG and they have a dealer that is willing to modify the factory step for fitment. Truck Hardware was not allowed to modify the Bronco when creating their flaps for fitment. I contacted them and suggested modification to the step a while ago and they have found a dealer willing to do so and document the process.
That's interesting. I have been wondering if I just need to get a different step, but that seems pricey for the purpose of having mud guards.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's interesting. I have been wondering if I just need to get a different step, but that seems pricey for the purpose of having mud guards.
I speculated early on that the cap on the step could be removed and the step trimmed and the cap replaced. The Broncos that Truck Hardware were given were only loaners and they were not permitted to make any modifications. But it looks like a dealership will undertake the task of my recommendation.

Now, I still think the pricing is extremely high. But I surmise in time, unbranded options will become available with a much lower cost. It doesn't help those who need a solution now. But for others who are still waiting, they seem to be the best option as they can be removed for needed ground clearance off-road.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I speculated early on that the cap on the step could be removed and the step trimmed and the cap replaced. The Broncos that Truck Hardware were given were only loaners and they were not permitted to make any modifications. But it looks like a dealership will undertake the task of my recommendation.

Now, I still think the pricing is extremely high. But I surmise in time, unbranded options will become available with a much lower cost. It doesn't help those who need a solution now. But for others who are still waiting, they seem to be the best option as they can be removed for needed ground clearance off-road.
This is what I'll be doing unless they make the step a little shorter on the 2022's. 🤞

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Out of love for the B6G community, I went out and got close up pics. I'm not going to say excuse the dirt because it is supposed to have dirt on it.
Ford Bronco What are you using for MUD FLAPS? 20210918_084228

Close up of the area in front of the step.

Ford Bronco What are you using for MUD FLAPS? 20210918_084342

Underneath the step and crash bar. Removing the cap of the step isn't going to do much.

The next two pictures are the front and back ends of the step. It makes sense that they flipped them to give more space in front.

Ford Bronco What are you using for MUD FLAPS? 20210918_084614
Ford Bronco What are you using for MUD FLAPS? 20210918_084606

Edited to add - I think these pictures show why I need mud flaps. This is just from driving to work and back all week. I cleaned off the front and back of the step so it would be visible as they were covered with dirt.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Removing the cap of the step isn't going to do much.
I think the idea is to remove the cap on the ROCK RAILS, cut a small length off the end of the rail, and reattach the cap. In theory, this should allow for the mud flap to clear the rock rails. 🤷

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the idea is to remove the cap on the ROCK RAILS, cut a small length off the end of the rail, and reattach the cap. In theory, this should allow for the mud flap to clear the rock rails. 🤷
That should work for the rail. But my suggestion was to trim the step. It is apparent that the dealer in collaboration with Truck Hardware found a better solution in flip-flopping the steps from each side to create the clearance needed.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco What are you using for MUD FLAPS? 20210918_084606

Just kidding! 😂😂 I'm going to do mud flaps. I'm going to rely on the 4WP step/rockslider and PPF to protect the Bronco.
You laugh, but those are actually really good mudflaps. Someone at my farm may or may not have them on a vehicle (not me).

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That should work for the rail. But my suggestion was to trim the step. It is apparent that the dealer in collaboration with Truck Hardware found a better solution in flip-flopping the steps from each side to create the clearance needed.
Oh I got ya, my bad. I simply just don't understand why ford didn't just include flaps in the build. It's law in most states, isn't it??

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You laugh, but those are actually really good mudflaps. Someone at my farm may or may not have them on a vehicle (not me).
I'm sure they are. I remember back in the early 90s one of my Marines use to joke about other marines with splash guards with yo samdy sam on them. :) I'm sure they work just fine on your farm truck. ;)

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure they are. I remember back in the early 90s one of my Marines use to joke about other marines with splash guards with yo samdy sam on them. :) I'm sure they work just fine on your farm truck. ;)
Hey! It's not my truck! My truck has boring black mud flaps!

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These are from my company, a family business (Plasticolor) . . . been making Yosemite Sam flaps since 1974!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are from my company, a family business (Plasticolor) . . . been making Yosemite Sam flaps since 1974!
We've been enjoying them since 2014. :LOL: Hey, make anything that will fit the Bronco with steps? We have about a 1" gap to fit a flap.
Sponsored