Brochacho

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SC F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yetno one says a thing when a consumer flips a Bronco for the same +$20k. Not a peep. Why is that?
If a dealership didn't use their Ford system to scoop up all the available inventory and then mark it up again, then private sales wouldn't bring as much either. I think we would have a lot more Broncos for sale at the $10K markup instead of the $20k. If we had the same tools as the dealers to find available units I think pricing would be a lot more reasonable.
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yetno one says a thing when a consumer flips a Bronco for the same +$20k. Not a peep. Why is that?
Come on, Dave. There have been hundreds, possibly thousands, of posts by B6G members bitching about other members or the general public flipping their new rides for profit while they are still awaiting delivery.

Donā€™t play dumb. You havenā€™t been living under a rock. šŸ˜…

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Come on, Dave. There have been hundreds, possibly thousands, of posts by B6G members bitching about other members or the general public flipping their new rides for profit while they are still awaiting delivery.

Sure, but that's not stopping anything. Those Broncos are still getting sold and people are making a profit based on supply and demand. The dealers who are selling their stock to this dealer are able to say no. Yet they happily take the profit. There are no "bad guys", it's just some people think life is fair.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure, but that's not stopping anything. Those Broncos are still getting sold and people are making a profit based on supply and demand. The dealers who are selling their stock to this dealer are able to say no. Yet they happily take the profit. There are no "bad guys", it's just some people think life is fair.
True dat, but you can say that about 75+% of what gets posted about on this forum. Rarely does it change anything. Welcome to the Internet, where people like to joke/vent/scream about what is/isnā€™t ā€œfairā€, and that definition of fairness typically differs widely across the community. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True dat, but you can say that about 75+% of what gets posted about on this forum. Rarely does it change anything. Welcome to the Internet, where people like to joke/vent/scream about what is/isnā€™t ā€œfairā€, and that definition of fairness typically differs widely across the community. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Doesn't mean that the rest of us have to placate those whiners.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't mean that the rest of us have to placate those whiners.
Agreed, but when actively avoiding placating them responding, making other false claims doesnā€™t help your cause argument. šŸ˜‰

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, falseā€¦

Sure, but...

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I watched Ford let its dealer network kill the Focus RS with ADM. It will choke out the GT500 - a dealer near me has had one at 30k markup for nearly 6 months. Theyā€™ll let it BADLY damage the Bronco as well. A friend of mine just ordered a Hellcat for 6% under MSRP, an actually limited vehicle. This really only happens to Ford and itā€™s time corporate actually does something with teeth about this. Heavy sanctions, not allowing non customer matched Broncos to be sold without Ford corporate offering them to other res holders irrespective of dealership, something. I refuse to believe they just canā€™t do anything.
I bought my Focus RS for $5k+ under MSRP in 2018 when there were only 1000 made. Donā€™t buy from dealers who add ADM, itā€™s that simple. Thereā€™s plenty of dealers around who will make deals. Ignore the shit dealers and buy from the good ones.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, falseā€¦
You need to be able to discern between a generalization and a fact. The comment was in reference to the general public that doesn't really care and in fact is buying some of those Broncos at the markup. If they weren't then the markup would go away at some point. You assumed I was talking specifically about the microcosm that is this forum.

So before calling someone a liar you need to confirm their intent.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Who cares, this is America. If they want to rip people off let them. Itā€™s not like someone has a gun to your head making you buy one of their over priced Broncos.
yeah who cares except ford said this wasn't gonna happen and it believes in customer service and doing the right thing

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I bought my Focus RS for $5k+ under MSRP in 2018 when there were only 1000 made. Donā€™t buy from dealers who add ADM, itā€™s that simple. Thereā€™s plenty of dealers around who will make deals. Ignore the shit dealers and buy from the good ones.
I paid similar for my 17 in 2019. But the fact of the matter is that the car got discontinued very quickly and rampant ADM was a big part of that.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No offense to dealers (and we have some good ones represented on here), but the current dealer model is broken. I am sure there are still plenty of mom and pops strolling into a dealer to buy a truck on a Saturday, but we are rapidly approaching a full direct to consumer economy.

Across the nation huge dealers (corporations) are buying up small dealerships and driving out small dealers and price competition. Unfortunately those Corp lobbying is keeping state laws in place that inhibit the direct to consumer model.

I am not saying that there isnā€™t a place for retail dealers but I think the model could shift to service, aftermarket, and specialty model.

In the end, a free market economy will benefit the consumer but not if there are regulations that prohibit innovation in that free market.
My local Ford dealership was family-owned since 1928. Sadly, in 2018 it was bought by a larger corporate dealership group. I never noticed the name change until I went in to order my Bronco. I was a bit saddened by the change TBH.

The reason the family business was sold, is because the owner was aging and Ford placed a requirement on all its franchises to upgrade their facilities to be LEED certified. In an effort to fold under to the Green MOB, Ford forced its dealerships to spend millions either upgrading or replacing dealership infrastructure. In the case of my local dealership, it was going to cost on the order of $1M+ to upgrade the dealership's facility. The family owner said F' that and sold the franchise to a dealer corporation. Hopefully it stays in business, but I fear it will not, especially now with no vehicles to sell. There is corporate Ford store about 20 miles north. I'm not so sure my mostly rural lower-income county can support the franchise in the future.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No difference from IPhone, XBox, Switch, Etc. You wanna pay out the nose for a 6-8 month early delivery, go for it. I'll wait until the supply is there and the next version comes out and get what I want. Look at all the yahoos spending way to much for the Jeep with a bed when it first came out.
Patience my friends.

I've got a Raptor on order and not paying a dime over MSRP.
Sponsored