Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess that it's still too early in the process for Ford to get into the real nitty-gritty of things, but has anyone noticed if the Bronco's front/rear diff. locks can be activated on-the-fly? I currently own a 2019 Ranger with a rear diff. locker, and have to stop/shift to neutral before the locker can be dis/engaged - a real pain.

Also, I think that the Bronco can be optioned with heated outside rear-view mirrors... can anyone confirm? Another missing feature on the Ranger.

I'm going for the Badlands - gotta have the "quick-disconnect"! Still deciding between Cactus Gray, Anti-Matter Blue, and Area 51... will need to see these in-person first. And of course, the "Squatch".
Sponsored

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/ 2002 BMW M3/ 2016 BMW M2/ 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess that it's still too early in the process for Ford to get into the real nitty-gritty of things, but has anyone noticed if the Bronco's front/rear diff. locks can be activated on-the-fly? I currently own a 2019 Ranger with a rear diff. locker, and have to stop/shift to neutral before the locker can be dis/engaged - a real pain.

Also, I think that the Bronco can be optioned with heated outside rear-view mirrors... can anyone confirm? Another missing feature on the Ranger.

I'm going for the Badlands - gotta have the "quick-disconnect"! Still deciding between Cactus Gray, Anti-Matter Blue, and Area 51... will need to see these in-person first. And of course, the "Squatch".
Not sure about the diff being activated on the fly. I know on my FJ, the transfer case must be in 4LO for you to activate the rear lockers. There is no need to stop, you can press the button while driving

As for heated mirrors, so far the pre-production models have shown this to be a feature. If you look at some of the interior pics, specifically at the center stack the heated mirror button is to the right of driver seat heater button

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Activated on the fly sounds like a recipe for disaster for general use. I doubt they will.
My FJ required 4lo and I think under 15mph, but it didn't always engage/disengage properly unless you were near stopped.

Last edited:

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I can lock and unlock the rear locker in my F-150 up to 25mph. I don't see why the Ranger would be different

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can lock and unlock the rear locker in my F-150 up to 25mph. I don't see why the Ranger would be different
Same but I try to do it when stopped. It sure as heck doesn’t need to be in 4x or 4lo. I call it boat ramp mode.