PETE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Mustang supercharged
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the conversation with my dealer in Southern Oregon upon reserving my Bronco last year. I said at the time, if you markup, I walk. If it arrives, when ever, and you mark up, I walk. Any kind of shenanigan's before, during or after, I walk. The rig is not a need but a want... So, we'll see...
Sponsored

Bronco615

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Sonic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Moonpie ford responded to my google review with almost the same exact response. They obviously don’t like how it “played out” because they got smoked on the web for being greedy morons. Yehhhhhh they ”can” ask anything they want, but that doesn’t make it right to do so.
fun thread……glad to help….
I have a question for you. Google reviews are for people that actually went to whatever business it is they are writing about, so did you actually go to this dealership and have a bad experience yourself? Or did you leave them a negative review because of the video?

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

….So in the end the buyer only had to pay a $5000 extortion fee instead of a $10,000 extortion fee to get the vehicle he custom ordered at MSRP.

If this is a “win”, we have set the bar dangerously, dangerously low. I guess next time it will be a “win” if the dealer demands his daughter in trade, then “settles” for $10,000.

Tetsuo9106

Wildtrak
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Reservations from August 2021 are going to production in October 2021. Ebay auctions for Broncos aren't hitting the minimum reservation, except for the FEs. No need to pay the extra 10k, 5k or even 1k. Just put in another reservation at another dealer that will honor msrp. The wait won't be that long. If they don't want to make a $50k sale, then keep walking.
Video is no doubt fake; for the attention and to normalize the price gouging.
F the slimy Ford dealers

Last edited:

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m trying to find a dealer that will promise no mark up in writing for the Ford Lightning F-150. My dealer for the Bronco said no mark up over the phone and when I requested it in email, it was crickets. Gonna pick up my Bronco hopefully in a week or two. It’s on the train.

Sponsored

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seems off to me too. He says right up front that the reason for the markup is that the dealership believed he was going to flip it himself and they were trying to prevent that. Then he goes on at different points to talk about the (at least) four cars he currently owns, the other cars he’s got his eyes on (in the comments sections), and how he’s trying to drive up his subscriptions and views and “get YouTube famous” (his words).

He doesn’t seem representative of the typical Bronco buyer to me. People are making a big deal out of the fact that the dealership is treating a 19-year employee this way. There are other ways to interpret that. Maybe they know the guy too well.

Hopefully when he sells it he’ll make it a priority to minimize his profit and make a video about that too.
….and he said his wife hadn’t worked in 8? years so she could raise the kids?
I know everyone’s finances are different but I have a single income after being divorced and I can’t afford a house and four (newer) cars. I have an 06 outback that sits in the driveway and an 05 Liberty that I bought for $800.

gpetersttu

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 STX 4x4 Crew
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Everything is bigger in Texas....including the markups.
No joke. I live in DFW and am 100% sure I will get the same bullsh!t.

My dealer (North Central Ford) added $5k ADM when I put my order in. At the time I was like, "whatever, f#ck it." I was assuming they would pull crap like that, so I rolled with it while they gave me some total BS reason (something about build costs fluctuating - which was a total lie - I actually just laughed at the sales rep when she tried to explain). When they try to go above that $5k ADM I will go ballistic and create a scene.

My wife is an attorney, so we are currently doing some legal work to prepare for when we go in (if my Bronco ever actually gets built). We will record the whole situation and be filing agressive lawsuits for anything they do which could be a violation of civil statute.

Since I have access to freegal (free legal) I am really gonna f#ck with these A-holes.

I am not sue-happy. I have never sued anyone. But with so many on here getting screwed by their dealers, I feel I have a responsibility to f*ck them right back for all the people without access to a free lawyer.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is a reason a lot of dealerships are called "stealerships"
The dealer in this case ruined their reputation over a few thousand bucks.
If they lost only one or two future customers because of this story then it was a wash/loss for them.
Personally I would never buy anything from them or a dealer like them and if I had made my order from them I would change it, even if it delayed the delivery of my Bronco.
This guy obviously caved with the caveat that he would make nice with them on You-Boob to help them recover their reputation, to each his own but I wouldn't have done that.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No joke. I live in DFW and am 100% sure I will get the same bullsh!t.

My dealer (North Central Ford) added $5k ADM when I put my order in. At the time I was like, "whatever, f#ck it." I was assuming they would pull crap like that, so I rolled with it while they gave me some total BS reason (something about build costs fluctuating - which was a total lie - I actually just laughed at the sales rep when she tried to explain). When they try to go above that $5k ADM I will go ballistic and create a scene.

My wife is an attorney, so we are currently doing some legal work to prepare for when we go in (if my Bronco ever actually gets built). We will record the whole situation and be filing agressive lawsuits for anything they do which could be a violation of civil statute.

Since I have access to freegal (free legal) I am really gonna f#ck with these A-holes.

I am not sue-happy. I have never sued anyone. But with so many on here getting screwed by their dealers, I feel I have a responsibility to f*ck them right back for all the people without access to a free lawyer.
What will you do if the dealer tells you to get lost? They can refuse to sell for any reason other than protected classes, race, religion, etc.

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly if they pulled that shit on me, I'd run the smear campaign of a lifetime if I were promised MSRP.
If a dealer tried to add a markup or alter the deal after it was agreed upon when ordering, I would have an attorney serving a cease and desist order. They can either honor the deal and sell to me, or it can sit there in the showroom all roped-off so people can’t touch until it gets sorted. If they try to fight it and it takes forever, I’ll walk after submitting an order for the next model year elsewhere… They may not end up selling it to me, but will wish they had.

I’ve bought lots of vehicles over the years. I always get the price in writing at the time I place the order. If they try to alter that, they’re only cutting their own throat. Pricing is locked for them as soon as the the order is accepted into Ford’s system.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

some pretty funny posts in this thread :-D

PITTGT3

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few Italian, a few German
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This story is real. Not faked or staged. I know this dealer, Moon Township Ford. I will not shop there again.

I don’t personally know the guy or his wife. But I know him through networks in this city. He’s just a guy, with a family, a real day job, an enthusiast, and his wife wanted a Bronco. Yes, he hopes to “grow” his internet video channel with the Bronco. Good for him.

I suspect he felt loyal to Moon Ford because of personal relationships he has at the dealer. They preyed on that loyalty. Not surprising to me based on my experience with Moon Township Ford.

Last edited:

Dezertrider20158

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man I'm glad I'm not alone, both my wife and I watched this video and came out of it with the impression that something was off. I have had shitty dealings with a sleazy dealership and this guys emotions don't add up. He is constantly reinforcing the dealerships actions because he knows he was going to the same thing when that second bronco came in. This guy was going to mark up his second bronco and sell it to people who didn't reserve like the rest of us or who have the "extra" money just laying around. He is no better than the people that hoarded hand sanitizer and disinfectant in the middle of 2020...
Sponsored