Sponsored

My BD is here but I have to choose between it and my beloved M240i - Help!

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Took delivery of my long awaited CG BD 2.3 auto with Mid a few days ago. When it got close to delivery my husband changed his tune and put the kibosh on me having two vehicles. My daily driver is a 2018 BMW M240i that I absolutely love. So now I have to decide between the two to keep the peace. If I decide to sell my Bronco might there be anyone on here interested in buying him. I just want to cover my costs, not here to make a profit off of anyone. What would y'all do? Thanks!
Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Took delivery of my long awaited CG BD 2.3 auto with Mid a few days ago. When it got close to delivery my husband changed his tune and put the kibosh on me having two vehicles. My daily driver is a 2018 BMW M240i that I absolutely love. So now I have to decide between the two to keep the peace. If I decide to sell my Bronco might there be anyone on here interested in buying him. I just want to cover my costs, not here to make a profit off of anyone. What would y'all do? Thanks!
Well, it is a BMW, so it could break down at any minute, therefore sell it fast! Then again, the Bronco is a Ford...... ;) (Speaking as someone who has owned both.)

In all seriousness, demand for used cars is *very* high right now. For that reason alone I'd probably sell the BMW, if I were in your shoes. In fact, I *did* sell mine already (still waiting on Bronco, though).

At the very least, find out how much you could sell for. You might be surprised and your decision might be easy. Go online and get some quotes from the usual names (CarMax, Carvana, Vroom). Place an ad for the BMW.

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, it is a BMW, so it could break down at any minute, therefore sell it fast! Then again, the Bronco is a Ford...... ;) (Speaking as someone who has owned both.)

In all seriousness, demand for used cars is *very* high right now. For that reason alone I'd probably sell the BMW, if I were in your shoes. In fact, I *did* sell mine already (still waiting on Bronco, though).

At the very least, find out how much you could sell for. You might be surprised and your decision might be easy. Go online and get some quotes from the usual names (CarMax, Carvana, Vroom). Place an ad for the BMW.
I know it’s nuts, but I just bought my beemer in April. 😳 I haven’t driven the Bronco since I brought him home on Friday, and the wrath from my husband is just too much. 😳
Good suggestions though. I contacted Carvana about the Bronco but I’ll get a quote on the Beemer too. The Bronco torture continues!

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Get rid of the husband? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Sponsored

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know it’s nuts, but I just bought my beemer in April. 😳 I haven’t driven the Bronco since I brought him home on Friday, and the wrath from my husband is just too much. 😳
Good suggestions though. I contacted Carvana about the Bronco but I’ll get a quote on the Beemer too. The Bronco torture continues!
Can you post some pics of the Bronco and the window sticker? Also what is your bottom line ? Thanks

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
both are fun and reliable transportation. The bronco has more versatility on where it can go and also do it without the top. If that is more important, keep the Bronco.

You can tell your husband my wife has a Rubicon and is ordering a new Tahoe so she will have two vehicles.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ha ha ha - he says he will leave me if I keep the Bronco, WTF! And hey my surname is Morgan........
Reminds me of the country song, sure gonna miss her.... Look another bite!

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
both are fun and reliable transportation. The bronco has more versatility on where it can go and also do it without the top. If that is more important, keep the Bronco.

You can tell your husband my wife has a Rubicon and is ordering a new Tahoe so she will have two vehicles.
Methinks I married the wrong guy! And he's not at all interested in 4-wheeling and I am so there is that. Plus our daughter just moved to Tahoe..........

Sponsored

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ha ha ha - he says he will leave me if I keep the Bronco, WTF! And hey my surname is Morgan........
So why even take delivery if you knew you weren't even going to keep it? This whole post sounds like trolling. And getting a carvana quote on it? Come on 😂

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So why even take delivery if you knew you weren't even going to keep it? This whole post sounds like trolling. And getting a carvana quote on it? Come on 😂
Not trolling at all. My husband changed his mind once I picked it up, suddenly decided I should only have one vehicle. I don't want anything above what I paid for it - which is MSRP and taxes. Please don't make such assumptions without talking to someone first. This is killing me and I'd rather it go to someone who really wants one than a person willing to pay a 10K mark-up. I got a Carvana quote on my BMW too. If Carvana will give me what I paid for the Bronco and its an easy sale then I'm ok with that. Trying to decide which one to sell. And be nice please.

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you guys find this to be funny? Have you nothing better to do? The first person who comes along who will pay what I paid , MSRP plus taxes can have it if I decide to keep my BMW instead, and I’ll get a Bronco in a few years.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you guys find this to be funny? Have you nothing better to do? The first person who comes along who will pay what I paid , MSRP plus taxes can have it if I decide to keep my BMW instead, and I’ll get a Bronco in a few years.
Just ignore this guy. You have been a fun and active member.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's not quite social media here, but close....

And realize that most of us are way past frustrated.... So when someone finally does get theirs.... And doesn't want it... Ouch.
Sponsored