Sponsored

How?! Build date within a week of "Reserve" (Now Marked up) (MARK UP REMOVED!)

OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™m not that lucky.
Iā€™ve been doing a lot of talking with dealerships and Ford directly after what happened. You can still put in a ā€œreservationā€ any time through a dealership but the typical way that will work is that you are essentially getting in line to get in line. Until order banks open the line wonā€™t start moving again, unless you happen across some rare occurrence (as I did) where I happened to put in for an exact build a dealership happened to have a residual allocation for. The chances of that are insane, I donā€™t expect it to happen again for me.

If you do put in a reservation now it will be considered in line for the dealership and area you are bound to. If that dealership has a long line and you have asked for a build that is not as accessible for them to put together right now (see hard top) you will likely wait longer than someone who has put in a basic build with options that are not in high demand and low supply. None of that is new news of course, but I wanted to explain the understanding Iā€™ve gotten via Ford and what happened with my very strange one week turn around during a time period when order banks were closed.

OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

But there were a couple others who just placed their orders in August and already got their build dates recently - so the 'quick turn-around' experience is more common than most members would've believed . .
Yeah agreed, I just think itā€™s based on really rare circumstances. The first being a dealership that still has allocation for 2021.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™ve been doing a lot of talking with dealerships and Ford directly after what happened. You can still put in a ā€œreservationā€ any time through a dealership but the typical way that will work is that you are essentially getting in line to get in line. Until order banks open the line wonā€™t start moving again, unless you happen across some rare occurrence (as I did) where I happened to put in for an exact build a dealership happened to have a residual allocation for. The chances of that are insane, I donā€™t expect it to happen again for me.

If you do put in a reservation now it will be considered in line for the dealership and area you are bound to. If that dealership has a long line and you have asked for a build that is not as accessible for them to put together right now (see hard top) you will likely wait longer than someone who has put in a basic build with options that are not in high demand and low supply. None of that is new news of course, but I wanted to explain the understanding Iā€™ve gotten via Ford and what happened with my very strange one week turn around during a time period when order banks were closed.

You're being given bad information. Reservations are closed, order bank is still open for 2021.
  • 21MY Bronco Balance Out ā€“ Final 21MY Bronco orders will be due on Thursday, September 30. Please note: All Scheduled & UNSCHEDULED spec changes and cancellations will be shut off in WBDO on Friday, October 1. Therefore, please make sure all your unscheduled orders are specā€™d exactly as you would like them prior to October 1.
I would offer to order your specification (ST/BB/LED) right now at MSRP, and you'd very likely get built with my store as we still have unfulfilled allocation and a small number of soft tops remaining. I'm in California, so it wouldn't be cost effective.

Edit: Many large dealers still have allocation outstanding. Keep in mind that the order system prioritizes Timestamped Reservations first, Dealer input orders second, and Stock orders last. So if a dealer has allocation, Ford runs out of buildable retail units (because of commodities), and you put in a buildable order (Like, say, a Soft top Big Bend with limited options), yours will get picked up before any stock orders they have.

Sponsored
OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You're being given bad information. Reservations are closed, order bank is still open for 2021.
  • 21MY Bronco Balance Out ā€“ Final 21MY Bronco orders will be due on Thursday, September 30. Please note: All Scheduled & UNSCHEDULED spec changes and cancellations will be shut off in WBDO on Friday, October 1. Therefore, please make sure all your unscheduled orders are specā€™d exactly as you would like them prior to October 1.
I would offer to order your specification (ST/BB/LED) right now at MSRP, and you'd very likely get built with my store as we still have unfulfilled allocation and a small number of soft tops remaining. I'm in California, so it wouldn't be cost effective.
Ah that makes more sense, thanks for the clarification. Out of curiosity, outside of travel, what makes it fiscally rough with CA?

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put in my Reservation through a local dealership here in Ohio LAST WEEK (9/7) and I just got my Build date email this morning? I have to guess that they must be spinning things up pretty heavily now? I wasn't expecting this for MONTHS. I'm also confused as I thought this wasn't an actual reservation yet until the order bank opened back up? Sorry, many questions, but ultimately I'm unbelievably excited!

I put in for a 4D, Big Bend, Manual, Soft Top, in Cactus Grey and only optioned for the Signature LEDs.

EDIT: As stated later in this thread:

Annnnd here we go. I was supposed to go in this week to sign our Purchase Order for MSRP after my dealer agreed to it last week over the phone giving me his word that they are a family business that is all about return business.

Now that we have gotten the build date he has told me they were wrong and they were going to mark it up by $7000. He is saying heā€™s fought for me all day and gotten that down to $3500.

------------------------------------------------------

Update:

Got ahold of Sales Mgmt and Ownership. It felt like something straight out of a movie. They doubled and tripled down that the sales-person simply misspoke and that even if I hadn't gotten the Build Date they would have stopped me today when I came in to sign the PO.

They then said I was simply going to turn around and sell it privately for 10-30k mark-up myself, so MSRP just wasn't going to be something they would ever have agreed to.

When I asked if social media and community mattered to them they got defensive and said I could "make threats" all I wanted, but they'd have no trouble sleeping tonight.

What a rollercoaster today man. I cancelled my order with them, and just got my money returned.

Thanks for the suggestions and help B6G. I'll continue to chase the unicorn.

/thread
I'm kind of curious how the "threat" of putting this on social media is really a threat, if you don't bother providing the name of the dealership. It seems like the person who scoffed at your "threat" was right to do so.

Last edited:

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ah that makes more sense, thanks for the clarification. Out of curiosity, outside of travel, what makes it fiscally rough with CA?
I don't know the sales tax in your city, but it's likely lower than ours (9.63%). If you drive it back to Ohio, you pay our sales tax. (Ohio may give you credit for paying CA Sales tax) If you ship it, you pay no sales tax in CA, but you'll have to pay when you register it with your DMV.

If you want to order one, then by all means, PM me and I'll plug in your build for MSRP, no obligation to buy it.

Getty

Big Bend
First Name
Bryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Annnnd here we go. I was supposed to go in this week to sign our Purchase Order for MSRP after my dealer agreed to it last week over the phone giving me his word that they are a family business that is all about return business.

Now that we have gotten the build date he has told me they were wrong and they were going to mark it up by $7000. He is saying heā€™s fought for me all day and gotten that down to $3500.
That's trash. I'm so glad I was able to order and get the PO at MSRP the same day.

I am now kind of shocked to not have a build date, though. I'm the first actual order from my dealer and ordered a "Ford spec'd Bronco" for a quick build.

OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I kind of curious how the "threat" of putting this on social media is really a threat, if you don't bother providing the name of the dealership. It seems like the person who scoffed at your "threat" was right to do so.
I did post the dealership. Germain Ford of Beavercreek in Ohio.

Sponsored
OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got a call first thing this morning. The dealer is now offering me MSRP. I am super torn. Part of me was going to be alright never hearing from them again.

I asked them what changed, and he said he wasn't sure to be honest. So already re-establishing trust with them is fuzzy, at best. I told them I would call them back.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a call first thing this morning. The dealer is now offering me MSRP. I am super torn. Part of me was going to be alright never hearing from them again.

I asked them what changed, and he said he wasn't sure to be honest. So already re-establishing trust with them is fuzzy, at best. I told them I would call them back.
I am a person of principles. If I was in your shoes Iā€™d never trust this stealership nor do business with them ever again, unless they gave themselves a management enema and the people you had so much difficulty with were gone.

Lambeezy

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 4 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

That's really good to hear! I'm starting to get stressed myself, but stories like this are encouraging. If I were you I'd take the car, promise to be faithful if they ask and never call them again. Play the game.

Congrats on the Bronco.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah thats "odd" that they can suddenly do MSRP but if you decide to tell them to get bent they still get the build and can sell it with ADM, right? I am 100% about the principle but if you agree to take it at MSRP and they don't get to sell it with a huge markup its kind of a win-win to a degree right?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bwahahahahaha!!!! šŸ˜‚
Go get your Bronco at MSRP, dude. šŸ˜‰ Don't look a gift horse in the mouth! šŸ˜
Sponsored