Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I totally get that! Definitely explore all of the state though! I live on the Western Slope and we usually are forgotten because we aren’t Denver. We have a lot of Jeep - now dubbed Bronco trails to me - trails around here and we’re really close to Moab!
I lived in Colorado Springs for six years and hiked a lot of 14ers while I was there. I bought my first off-road vehicle, which was a 2006 Nissan Xterra and she was pretty hardcore with the off-road package. Actually, my Xterra is Parker out front and still running strong at 240,000 miles.

Going to miss the Colorado mountains in my Bronco but won’t miss the cold much.
Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I totally get that! Definitely explore all of the state though! I live on the Western Slope and we usually are forgotten because we aren’t Denver. We have a lot of Jeep - now dubbed Bronco trails to me - trails around here and we’re really close to Moab!
After going to Denver a few times I would forget Denver also. No chance would I move there. But I could live all over Colorado and be happy. Especially in Estes Park!

It's cool seeing these pictures taken at a spot that I've been to before. That black one looks mean as hell and I didn't think I'd like black on them because it hides defining shapes (i.e. fat clothes). I still don't like it on a four door though. Pics I've seen of those make it look too much like a Jeep because you can't easily define the style.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anywhere recommendations on where else to visit in CO?
Depending on the direction you go into Colorado, I really like going into Loveland and then taking the mountain pass into Estes Park. It's a town surrounded by mountains and you will often see Elk walking around. Last time we were sitting at breakfast and looked out the window to see 6 walking down the main street. You can get into the Rocky Mountain National Park from there and if you don't do that you've screwed up! Go all the way up to the visitor center and there is a path that goes up to the top a little over 14K feet; stunning views.

Aspen and Vail are ski towns but you can still hit up some great restaurants while passing through there. And they'll be happy to have off season business so service is good.

Mesa Verde park is also a cool place. Boulder is a decent college town with a poppin' farmers market for some local stuff. Telluride is as picture perfect of an old mining town can be. Garden of the Gods was pretty cool and can be done fairly quickly if you don't get out and hike. Gunnison has some pretty awesome drives with rocks jutting up like castles.

So much to see! Bruh..... I need to move again.

tgunn_ocs

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the cactus gray and even with the dark top!

CEG30

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I hate how much I love that Cactus Gray. I’m trying to hold strong for Area 51, which I think is going to be a disappointing color.
I am in the same exact boat. I want a color that is a bit darker, but the cactus gray keeps calling to me like a siren setting it's trap...

Sponsored

Yelie

First Edition
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 MINI JCW, 2019 Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I hate how much I love that Cactus Gray. I’m trying to hold strong for Area 51, which I think is going to be a disappointing color.
Yes!! The more I see the cactus the more I waiver on Area 51 ?

Brando1

Wildtrak
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 911, 2001 Land Cruiser, 2008 CLS63, 2008 135i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am hoping to do the exact same thing with mine next summer. If you have not been to the Ouray area, words do not describe it.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hate how much everyone loves Cactus Grey. Ha. It seems to be leading the absolutely unofficial colour poll. I didn't think it would be that popular. There won't be many Broncos in my area so I'm not too concerned about too many in CG....but I know if there are two in town...the other will likely be CG too. Ha

I like it so much I don't even think I'm too concerned about the white roof. I think it will look pretty good with a colour-matched roof. Has anyone made an image of a full CG truck yet? I haven't seen one on the forum.

Dbagdbag

Black Diamond
First Name
Bag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Welp, I'll go and try and find them, I'm right in that area

The pics lately make me really like black as the top color choice

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am hoping to do the exact same thing with mine next summer. If you have not been to the Ouray area, words do not describe it.
Ouray is amazing. The only place I've really been in CO. I spent some time riding my bike there. Black Bear Pass, through Telluride, Imogene Pass, etc. Incredible....though it was brutal climbing on a bike. Hopefully I can get back there with bike and Bronco.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate how much everyone loves Cactus Grey. Ha. It seems to be leading the absolutely unofficial colour poll. I didn't think it would be that popular. There won't be many Broncos in my area so I'm not too concerned about too many in CG....but I know if there are two in town...the other will likely be CG too. Ha

I like it so much I don't even think I'm too concerned about the white roof. I think it will look pretty good with a colour-matched roof. Has anyone made an image of a full CG truck yet? I haven't seen one on the forum.
You can see a Cactus Gray color matched roof on a 2 door the 360 Colorizer on Ford's website to get an idea. 4 door shows the black roof, 2 door selection shows color matched.

My wife wants Cactus Gray....I think it is going to be something we see all over the place so would rather go another color. We'll probably compromise and go Cactus Gray.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can see a Cactus Gray color matched roof on a 2 door the 360 Colorizer on Ford's website to get an idea. 4 door shows the black roof, 2 door selection shows color matched.

My wife wants Cactus Gray....I think it is going to be something we see all over the place so would rather go another color. We'll probably compromise and go Cactus Gray.
Cool. Thanks...I've only been looking at the 4 door.

I can't see there being too many other Broncos in my area. Off the top of my head I can think of only two new Wranglers and one Gladiator in town. So I can't imagine a huge influx of Cactus Grey Broncos popping up.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in Colorado and run mountain trails. The Bronco will fit right in with my lifestyle.

One of my favorite races is between Ouray & Telluride. A 17-mile point to point race over the backroads on Imogene Pass. They close Imogene Pass to vehicles for this race 1 day a year. I can't wait to take the Bronco up and over Imogene Pass in the future.

Here are couple of photos I took from my race.

imogenejeep.jpg

imogene.jpg

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

loving cactus grey, too...guess I'll have to personalize it some so I don't look like all the other CG's that will be around...

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I live in Colorado and run mountain trails. The Bronco will fit right in with my lifestyle.

One of my favorite races is between Ouray & Telluride. A 17-mile point to point race over the backroads on Imogene Pass. They close Imogene Pass to vehicles for this race 1 day a year. I can't wait to take the Bronco up and over Imogene Pass in the future.

Here are couple of photos I took from my race.

Ford Bronco Spotted: Cactus Gray and Black Broncos testing in Colorado mountains imogene

Ford Bronco Spotted: Cactus Gray and Black Broncos testing in Colorado mountains imogene
I got married in Telluride, love it there. Also a great place to take your new Bronco..
Sponsored