Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Replaced the OEM sliders on my Badland with these from Rhino:
https://www.gorhino.com/Dominator-D6

These cost $529.05 which is a lot cheaper than the running board Ford has for sale. I also like how they look better.

It comes with Bronco specific brackets so installation was very easy. Took off the OEM sliders and got these on in 2 hours. They're very sturdy and now getting in and out of the truck is much easier, also no more fear of people slamming their door into my baby!

Before:

Ford Bronco Installed the Rhino Dominator D6 tube steps on my Badlands Bronco IMG_2179

After:

Ford Bronco Installed the Rhino Dominator D6 tube steps on my Badlands Bronco IMG_2189

Ford Bronco Installed the Rhino Dominator D6 tube steps on my Badlands Bronco IMG_2192
Ford Bronco Installed the Rhino Dominator D6 tube steps on my Badlands Bronco IMG_2191
Ford Bronco Installed the Rhino Dominator D6 tube steps on my Badlands Bronco IMG_2190
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How heavy duty are they? Will they be able to take rocks on breakover?

Considering these because they also have bolt on drop steps which you can remove for the trail, and that will allow me to go up more without spousal complaint.

OP
OP

never_own_a_ford_before

Badlands
First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How heavy duty are they? Will they be able to take rocks on breakover?

Considering these because they also have bolt on drop steps which you can remove for the trail, and that will allow me to go up more without spousal complaint.
@Dads_bronze_bronco from their site:
  • Dual Purpose design and steel construction allows Dominator D6 to be used as a step and a rock slider
I wouldn't rely on this to support the weight of the whole vehicle since they're body mounted though.

Sponsored

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
these look awesome. it looks like they cover up the pinch welds pretty nicely too

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@Dads_bronze_bronco from their site:
  • Dual Purpose design and steel construction allows Dominator D6 to be used as a step and a rock slider
I wouldn't rely on this to support the weight of the whole vehicle since they're body mounted though.
Yeah, not doing Rubicon or anything like that, but a moderate trail at Uwharrie creased my cheap tube steps, and am hoping these are thicker tubing like my rock rails.

Sponsored
OP
OP

never_own_a_ford_before

Badlands
First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, not doing Rubicon or anything like that, but a moderate trail at Uwharrie creased my cheap tube steps, and am hoping these are thicker tubing like my rock rails.
Gotcha, yea I'd be curious to see how they'll perform on the trails too.

OP
OP

never_own_a_ford_before

Badlands
First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the DSS on order! I'll be the triplet in this group :D
@JediMcMuffin I actually ordered the DSS at first, but upon looking at reviews they're too narrow for my need to fence against door smackers. The D6 sticks out a lot more so I canceled my original order and reorder the D6.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They sure look nice!

As mentioned before, not being frame mounted is a durability concern. Also there are no supporting braces between the lengths of tube except at the two ends where connected (Mounting tabs for the grate don't add enough strength for purposes of sustaining the vehicle weight), so I would expect these to crease/bend under vehicle weight or if taking a rock impact while crawling.

This could be entirely wrong, but without the manufacturer giving accurate materials listing including wall thickness, i'll assume the lowest cost to produce until proven wrong, rather than the other way around.

Nu2Fordz

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, BMW M6, GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@JediMcMuffin I actually ordered the DSS at first, but upon looking at reviews they're too narrow for my need to fence against door smackers. The D6 sticks out a lot more so I canceled my original order and reorder the D6.
I was a little concerned these might be too wide when I ordered them but I think they look great and are very functional as a step, which is what I needed. As mentioned, wouldn't trust them as a rock slider