Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is anyone else having issue with cleaning the fender flairs? I have a Badlands, squatched. No mods. Rocks and dirt get kicked up, and yes, I have paint chipping and marks on the fender flairs and door handles but I can't get the fender flairs clean. I use a car wash mit usually and the last time I washed it, I used a soft tire brush on them. Still no luck.

Any suggestions to get them clean without damaging the flairs?

Ford Bronco Fender Flare Staining... 1632178586173

Ford Bronco Fender Flare Staining... 1632178635623
Sponsored

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is anyone else having issue with cleaning the fender flairs? I have a Badlands, squatched. No mods. Rocks and dirt get kicked up, and yes, I have paint chipping and marks on the fender flairs and door handles but I can't get the fender flairs clean. I use a car wash mit usually and the last time I washed it, I used a soft tire brush on them. Still no luck.

Any suggestions to get them clean without damaging the flairs?

I know Adam’s tire cleaner can be used on plastic trims.

Where are you getting paint chips? Is it down to the metal?

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

i wouldnt use any of those. lol.

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same issue. Stained from an ash colored mud about two months ago. Did fade over time.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It's worth noting that every one of these products is a surface dressing and won't solve the problem in any way.

So grab the best one from the video and be impressed for the first hour!

This is what I would suggest for actually penetrating the plastic and restoring the black color.

This 1 oz bottle should be enough to do the flairs about a bajillion times over. A few drops of this stuff goes an insane distance. $12 well spent.

https://www.amazon.com/Solution-Fin...yl+Plastic&qid=1632180425&s=automotive&sr=1-6

Ford Bronco Fender Flare Staining... 61AwVCCegiL._AC_SL1500_[1]

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dang they do look pretty bad. I'm surprised as you can't have had it for that long. Is that how Wranglers are too? Good luck. Well to all of us.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Dang they do look pretty bad. I'm surprised as you can't have had it for that long. Is that how Wranglers are too? Good luck. Well to all of us.
It's pretty standard for that type of plastic to lose color quickly. A neighbor had his Wrangler parked outside for about 10 years. I did a single coat of Solution Finish just to drum up a detail job for fun one weekend and it was night and day difference. Lasted about 18 months before needing re-application. I'll still call that money/time well spent as it only takes seconds to apply.

Before:
Ford Bronco Fender Flare Staining... sf-action-1[1]

After:
Ford Bronco Fender Flare Staining... sf-action-2[1]

Side by side:
Ford Bronco Fender Flare Staining... solution-finish-kit-3[1]

The above is taken from AutoGeek's site. They are an excellent high-quality auto detailing retailer and i've had great service from them.

https://www.autogeek.net/solution-f...MIy5GaoduO8wIVUT2tBh2SnwzsEAQYBCABEgL0OvD_BwE

Full disclosure: I have no affiliation with AutoGeek or Solution Finish in any way. I get absolutely nothing, not even a Christmas card from them for suggesting their products. They have simply treated me fantastic over the past 25 years of car detailing both as a business and as a consumer so I suggest them to others.

Sponsored

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's pretty standard for that type of plastic to lose color quickly. A neighbor had his Wrangler parked outside for about 10 years. I did a single coat of Solution Finish just to drum up a detail job for fun one weekend and it was night and day difference. Lasted about 18 months before needing re-application. I'll still call that money/time well spent as it only takes seconds to apply.

Before:

After:

Side by side:

The above is taken from AutoGeek's site. They are an excellent high-quality auto detailing retailer and i've had great service from them.

https://www.autogeek.net/solution-f...MIy5GaoduO8wIVUT2tBh2SnwzsEAQYBCABEgL0OvD_BwE

Full disclosure: I have no affiliation with AutoGeek or Solution Finish in any way. I get absolutely nothing, not even a Christmas card from them for suggesting their products. They have simply treated me fantastic over the past 25 years of car detailing both as a business and as a consumer so I suggest them to others.
Have been looking for a more permanent solution for a while. Nothing was wrong with my material at first, I used a typical product as a preventative and it was what faded my fenders, and only lasted until it rained. Nothing has worked long term, I’ll definitely be buying a bottle to try it out.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Have been looking for a more permanent solution for a while. Nothing was wrong with my material at first, I used a typical product as a preventative and it was what faded my fenders, and only lasted until it rained. Nothing has worked long term, I’ll definitely be buying a bottle to try it out.
It's $12 well spent for sure. Obviously some plastics take it better than others (that's what she said!), but if Bronco fenders are anywhere in the ballpark of what Jeep's been using, it will do you a treat.
Sponsored