Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Traffic court lawyers ….. 🤔 no comment
When's the last time your radar detector was calibrated officer? When was the last time you took your required training course on the use of this device? Has a survey of interfering signals been completed in the location you were scanning?
Sponsored

Rob1135ny

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When's the last time your radar detector was calibrated officer? When was the last time you took your required training course on the use of this device? Has a survey of interfering signals been completed in the location you were scanning?
All with in the last year sir

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Traffic court lawyers ….. 🤔 no comment
Some offenses come with jail time.

But, sure, don't help yourself, the State is always looking out for your best interests. They really care about you. :rolleyes:

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's part of the job and fair game when speeding ticket quotas to generate revenue are a thing.

Not worth my time to argue speeding tickets. Maybe if it was some gross overestimation of my speed, but that has never happened in my experience.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's part of the job and fair game when speeding ticket quotas to generate revenue are a thing.

Not worth my time to argue speeding tickets. Maybe if it was some gross overestimation of my speed, but that has never happened in my experience.
Mass troopers like me.... havent had an issue anywhere else lol.

Sponsored

Rob1135ny

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Rob1135ny
Is it worth going to court over a $228 ticket for turning left at an intersection that says no left turn 7-8am and 4-6pm when you have lived .25 miles from that intersection for over 30 years and never turn left, but turned left on Labor Day at 5pm because there was no traffic and when the guy across from you turned left it made you totally forget that it was Monday?🤷‍♀️

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Rob1135ny
Is it worth going to court over a $228 ticket for turning left at an intersection that says no left turn 7-8am and 4-6pm when you have lived .25 miles from that intersection for over 30 years and never turn left, but turned left on Labor Day at 5pm because there was no traffic and when the guy across from you turned left it made you totally forget that it was Monday?🤷‍♀️
Were you rude to the officer cause thats a BS ticket.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Were you rude to the officer cause thats a BS ticket.
No, I'm never rude to strangers. I was shocked he gave me a ticket and not a written warning. I wonder if he was pissed about having to work on Labor Day.

I was extra mad afterwards, because when I first got to that intersection, the guy in front of me made an illegal right turn on red and that rule is in place there because several bicyclists have been killed there.

And I NEVER turn left there. THIRTY FRIKKEN YEARS I've been driving through that intersection and I NEVER turn left even when it's legal. But I stupidly figured I'd do the guy a favor across from me who was trying to turn left so he didn't have to wait for a line of cars and hold up everyone behind him. I never occurred to me it was a week day.

Except for speeding, which is the fault of my vehicle 😘😘, I am an obsessive traffic law rule-follower. I got in three accidents when I was 19. Two of them my car was totalled. Two were determined to not be my fault.

And the one that was listed at my fault, a guy in a Nova was signaling to turn right, slowed down significantly, pulled into the right-turn lane, and changed his mind right after I pulled out in my tiny Civic.

BUT, apparently he could have come to a dead stop in the road and it would still have been my fault because I didn't have the right of way.

So I've been obsessed with not breaking rules to prevent my from getting charged with causing accidents that really weren't my fault.

I'm just afraid if I go to court I'll be so nervous I'll look and sound like an idiot or start crying or break out in hives. AND the worst part us I will have to take a day off work and write plans for a substitute.😞

Can you tell I'm really pissed about this? $228 is a helluva lot of money to a teacher and I really can't see why I got a ticket and not a warning.😡

Last edited:

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, I'm never rude to strangers. I was shocked he gave me a ticket and not a written warning. I wonder if he was pissed about having to work on Labor Day.

I was extra mad afterwards, because when I first got to that intersection, the guy in front of me made an illegal right turn on red and that rule is in place there because several bicyclists have been killed there.

And I NEVER turn left there. THIRTY FRIKKEN YEARS I've been driving through that intersection and I NEVER turn left even when it's legal. But I stupidly figured I'd do the guy a favor across from me who was trying to turn left so he didn't have to wait for a line of cars and hold up everyone behind him. I never occurred to me it was a week day.

Except for speeding, which is the fault of my vehicle 😘😘, I am an obsessive traffic law rule-follower. I got in three accidents when I was 19. Two of them my car was totalled. Two were determined to not be my fault.

And the one that was listed at my fault, a guy in a Nova was signaling to turn right, slowed down significantly, pulled into the right-turn lane, and changed his mind right after I pulled out in my tiny Civic.

BUT, apparently he could have come to a dead stop in the road and it would still have been my fault because I didn't have the right of way.

So I've been obsessed with not breaking rules to prevent my from getting charged with causing accidents that really weren't my fault.

I'm just afraid if I go to court I'll be so nervous I'll look and sound like an idiot or start crying or break out in hives. AND the worst part us I will have to take a day off work and write plans for a substitute.😞

Can you tell I'm really pissed about this? $228 is a helluva lot of money to a teacher and I really can't see why I got a ticket and not a warning.😡
I'd be interested in contributing towards classroom supplies, so that unexpected $228+ doesn't come out of the bucket set aside for the kids. I've heard a lot in the past 10 years that teachers have to dig into their own money for the classroom. :(

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd be interested in contributing towards classroom supplies, so that unexpected $228+ doesn't come out of the bucket set aside for the kids. I've heard a lot in the past 10 years that teachers have to dig into their own money for the classroom. :(
I've just quit buying stuff.😞

Part of the problem is the veteran teachers keep buying stuff with their own money.

I was grading some multiple choice quizzes last week during lunch and a colleague asked why I didn't use Scantrons. I said because the school only has so many and I want them for the final exams. She responded by saying she bought her own, "They were only about 20 bucks in Amazon."

Yep. That's the problem. If every teacher quit spending their own money on classroom stuff like we are members if the Peace Corps or some other charity, then maybe the state will have to start chipping in.

If you want to help, please give some Target or Amazon gift cards to all your kid's teachers, and if you don't have kids, just pick a local school.

And vote for people who want to spend money on educated all the kids, not just the upper class kids.

I'm only going to do this for another 5 to 7 years. But if something doesn't drastically change, it's going to be hard to find anyone who wants to enter the profession, especially to teach middle or high school, and especially in states that notoriously underfund public education like Arizona and Mississippi and Louisiana.

(Little kids are cute and there tends to be a good number of people willing to do that for low pay. So there will always be people willing to teach elementary school even if the salary is really low.🙁)

BTW, the teacher salaries isn't even the biggest problem right now. It is near impossible to keep janitors and bus drivers and office workers other staff because the schools pay lower than In n Out and Target and Costco and Amazon.🥺