Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you considering buying it?
No, but maybe someone who is considering modifying a new warranted vehicle may like to know the answer to my question given that Ford would red flag that VIN.
Sponsored

Greenbrick

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is there anyway to just buy some of the rims you use on some of your vehicles ?
Check out Vision wheels. They used what looks exactly like Vision Rockers on some of them.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, but maybe someone who is considering modifying a new warranted vehicle may like to know the answer to my question given that Ford would red flag that VIN.
Magnuson Moss Warranty Act of 1975 says modifying a car does not red flag it. The manufacturer must demonstrate how the modifications caused the failure to get out of their warranty obligations. Now granted a spacer is a direct contribution to cv failure, and they won't fix that, but it does not "red flag" a car and absolve Ford of all warranty claims.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Magnuson Moss Warranty Act of 1975 says modifying a car does not red flag it. The manufacturer must demonstrate how the modifications caused the failure to get out of their warranty obligations. Now granted a spacer is a direct contribution to cv failure, and they won't fix that, but it does not "red flag" a car and absolve Ford of all warranty claims.
As an Amsoil dealer, I am familiar with the Moss Act. I never said that it would absolve Ford from future claims but a prior denied claim due to a modification will follow that VIN. Hows that.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On one hand, this is the limitation of an IFS. You can only lift it so much.

On the other hand, Ford is making a Raptor Bronco with 37s. So it will be possible. Just need to see what they did. Most likely a whole new set of longer arms, maybe a droop limiter.

Sponsored

CJ1064

Badlands
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check out Vision wheels. They used what looks exactly like Vision Rockers on some of them.
Thanks. Yep the rockers are the ones I like. It looks like only +12 or -12 offset for those rims. I wonder if -12 would be too much poke for a SAS Bronco (35in tire) without a leveling or lift kit.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, since you're just acting out of a sense of duty to your fellow board members, Ill answer for you: No lift company in existence is going to warranty parts that fail due to increased wear due to increased CV angles...but you knew that.

Like evey product that comes out, we will see when reviews roll in how it actually performs....I don't know that we benfit from asking abscure questions about them covering warranty on parts other than their own in order to attack the product...that eveyrone knew you had no intention of buying. People who lift their trucks realize other parts are affected.

Greenbrick

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks. Yep the rockers are the ones I like. It looks like only +12 or -12 offset for those rims. I wonder if -12 would be too much poke for a SAS Bronco (35in tire) without a leveling or lift kit.
I bought the 18x9 -12 rockers and the BFGs for my FE. Based on all the research I've done, it is a little bit of poke but not too much for my taste and should fit without a lift/level... those squatch flares are wider than people think, and moving up to a 9" wide wheel cuts a bit off the poke as well (a -12 offset 8.5 inch wheel has more poke than a -12 offset 9 inch wheel based on the calculators I've used). That said, I also did buy the Stage 1 Kit. I'm a 75% "mallcrawler" 25" light offroader (basically driving dirt roads to get to fly fishing spots) so I don't need high performance.

-12 on lifted squatch:

-12 with non squatch flares:
It will be less poke that that one.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah in theory, but have fun in court where even if you win, you still lose time, effort and actually getting the party to comply could be a whole other challenge. :sneaky:

bodie_38

First Name
Bodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ELR, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

People who lift their trucks realize other parts are affected.
I'm not at all sure that is true.
I think a lot of people will buy Broncos that have never had a 4x4 or truck before and a kit like this is going to look attractive- "It's cheaper than sasquatch!"
There are also people who may have no intention of ever taking it off-road and should still be aware of the drawbacks.
I appreciate some of the comments put on this thread that will help people make informed decisions and some of the answers (and non-answers) from the vendor speak volumes.

Sponsored

CJ1064

Badlands
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought the 18x9 -12 rockers and the BFGs for my FE. Based on all the research I've done, it is a little bit of poke but not too much for my taste and should fit without a lift/level... those squatch flares are wider than people think, and moving up to a 9" wide wheel cuts a bit off the poke as well (a -12 offset 8.5 inch wheel has more poke than a -12 offset 9 inch wheel based on the calculators I've used). That said, I also did buy the Stage 1 Kit. I'm a 75% "mallcrawler" 25" light offroader (basically driving dirt roads to get to fly fishing spots) so I don't need high performance.

-12 on lifted squatch:

-12 with non squatch flares:
It will be less poke that that one.
Thanks. I'm in the same boat, more or less a mallcrawler too. I am still trying to decide between the RTR +0 offset and switch out to regular flares or go -12 and keep the squatch flares. Either way I'm probably doing a 1 inch leveling kit and going with Nitto Grapplers.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah in theory, but have fun in court where even if you win, you still lose time, effort and actually getting the party to comply could be a whole other challenge. :sneaky:
I don't get that...if the mod didn't cause the problem, then it gets covered. There is no grand problem out there of dealers not doing warranty work because of unrelated mods. These hypotheticals about going to court to battle for it aren't reality. Do people occasionally get screwed? Yes, but rarely. Mod your vehicle all you want. If the mod casues a problem, it's on you. If it doesn't, it will get covered.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't get that...if the mod didn't cause the problem, then it gets covered. There is no grand problem out there of dealers not doing warranty work because of unrelated mods. These hypotheticals about going to court to battle for it aren't reality. Do people occasionally get screwed? Yes, but rarely. Mod your vehicle all you want. If the mod casues a problem, it's on you. If it doesn't, it will get covered.
I've been there with Harley. Their techs flow chart specifically states to deny warranty & the Vin# gets flagged in their system as such. I stopped short of going to court because Vance & Hines stood up for their product & saved me a bigger headache. Can't say enough about Vance & Hines customer service & have their products on all of my bikes because of it. YMMV :cool:

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, since you're just acting out of a sense of duty to your fellow board members, Ill answer for you: No lift company in existence is going to warranty parts that fail due to increased wear due to increased CV angles...but you knew that.

Like evey product that comes out, we will see when reviews roll in how it actually performs....I don't know that we benfit from asking abscure questions about them covering warranty on parts other than their own in order to attack the product...that eveyrone knew you had no intention of buying. People who lift their trucks realize other parts are affected.
I don’t remember attacking their product. Because I didn’t, but you knew that. I asked a fair question, and unless you represent Maxlider, It hasn’t been answered.