First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Now that have a Bronco, time to pay it forward! I took delivery of my Rapid Red Big Bend Sasquatch about a week ago, picked it up from Long McArthur Ford in Salina, KS. They were great and honored the MSRP price and reimbursing me for travel expenses to pick it up.

Specs:
-Big Bend Sasquatch
-Rapid Red
-2.7L
-Mid Pkg
-Door lock keypad
-Interior Floor liners and cargo
-Door storage bags for in vehicle storage
-LED signature lighting
-Soft top

The drive home was about 650 miles back to NM, drove in ECO mode mostly at 75mph and got about 17mgp, normal mode was giving me 15-16, so it helps a little. If you didnā€™t get sport mode on your trim, you are missing out because the extra kick of speed and acceleration is definitely present and can get you into trouble lol. Iā€™ll take sport mode over rock crawl if I had to choose one.

Visibility is AMAZING from everywhere, easy to see everything from almost any angle. The rear view mirror offers great coverage of the entire back window.

The cloth seats are great, aesthetically pleasing and very comfortable. Wanted leather or vinyl but they arenā€™t really much of a downgrade. Very good quality.

At highway speeds, there is wind noise inside, but you can still have a conversation and listen to the radio at normal volume, at city speeds itā€™s less noticeable.

The sound system, to me, sounds more than adequate at the very least, whether sitting in front or back. If I can hear audio clearly then Iā€™m goodā€¦and I can!

Sasquatch is big, Iā€™m 6ft tall and the bottom of the vehicle is slightly higher than my knees. Love the tires and vehicle height, I feel so tall on the road and I feel taller than many SUVs and trucks, mid and full size

People are definitely looking and want pictures and asking about it. Went for coffee last weekend and 2 dudes roll up in a full size Range Rover, which start at over $90k, and they couldnā€™t stop checking it out! The Bronco is where itā€™s at!

It amuses me when people ask how I like it because they are thinking of getting one but the wait is so long. Get in line because I waited over a year for it and many many others are still waiting that reserved before me. They simply have no clue, good things take time.

Iā€™m really enjoying the soft top, much more than anticipated, because I can take the back windows out and flip the top down in 1 minute and go topless, and the bronco looks amazing topless! Plus the black cloth matches the red color and gray trim pieces ver nicely. The AC system works very well, I get blasted by it and have to turn it down because my hands get cold, and I need AC living in the desert. For winter I have the heated seats, but so far the soft top seems well insulated.

The one thing that annoys me that I cannot figure out is how to switch between approved Bluetooth devices on Sync 4. I find myself having to disconnect Bluetooth to stop that connection to then bring up a list of all devices to choose from. If someone knows an easier way to do this please let me know

No regrets over getting the 2.7L engine because the last few vehicles I had were 4 cylinder and I got tired of the slight lag when you do need to get up to speed quick. No lag with the 2.7 and makes it extremely fun to drive, however the smaller engine Iā€™m sure is great too.

Overall I LOVE this vehicle, too bad they are getting rid of the Rapid Red color because everyone who has seen it says itā€™s the perfect color for this vehicle. I went back and forth between dark and light blue, then gray and bright red. Settled on Rapid Red one day before the deadline to update my order and itā€™s the right one!

C6CE04C1-40A4-41E4-8323-826E4D1743A6.jpeg

51A17706-F671-4477-803F-FB16B3EFEA49.jpeg

D8A45957-0733-452F-9927-6B4392250480.jpeg

C9260857-5F2B-4B5F-BD61-25886D592541.jpeg

01CDF743-A728-4A8C-BFD9-7B05FFC2799B.jpeg

3D0DDA92-43E0-4DD8-B4AB-545E1A4544F7.jpeg

B017EFD2-26C8-4EF6-B089-823AB6B4FF63.jpeg

CA724CD0-DBA0-4C0E-9B6A-C2A2FE8B9566.jpeg

B41493CE-4D09-4B95-8F27-75B8CCD192AF.jpeg

A6F145E8-E87E-4F57-A943-39A5ACC977C7.jpeg

CC10F78E-B09F-4654-9B8A-A3091DA519DE.jpeg

1CE4E9A6-7D82-4925-84E2-C1A8DAD7FFC5.jpeg

813CB283-6E97-46C9-8596-AFACD069F903.jpeg

A71332EA-F8D2-4F2D-9A92-88B30BFEF3A1.jpeg

55553A8F-3309-4847-8E5E-E3A40A0E8E79.jpeg

EFE6A03A-5A42-4DAA-BB13-16665DDC1B10.jpeg

75F46A1F-4ECB-4762-BB20-0BFFE895D0FA.jpeg

AA4324A0-82FE-44AF-B8AE-493059402E32.jpeg

1C4AFBED-CA04-4724-B945-D355039037B4.jpeg

435D9F61-B6ED-4759-9CF1-68627916B6E6.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Canā€™t edit and forgot to add

Leasing for 36mo, MSRP was $50,175 and with the residual value after 3 years with the option to buy (residual value stated on contract) the vehicle will still be worth 74% of original value!

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beautiful rig, congrats! This is my exact build (going with CG since Iā€™ll be a ā€˜22), this is one more piece of evidence that I made the right choice. Also glad Iā€™m getting the signature lighting it really looks great.

DebbieEF

Black Diamond
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang and F250 SD truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now that have a Bronco, time to pay it forward! I took delivery of my Rapid Red Big Bend Sasquatch about a week ago, picked it up from Long McArthur Ford in Salina, KS. They were great and honored the MSRP price and reimbursing me for travel expenses to pick it up.

Specs:
-Big Bend Sasquatch
-Rapid Red
-2.7L
-Mid Pkg
-Door lock keypad
-LED signature lighting
-Soft top

The drive home was about 650 miles back to NM, drove in ECO mode mostly at 75mph and got about 17mgp, normal mode was giving me 15-16, so it helps a little. If you didnā€™t get sport mode on your trim, you are missing out because the extra kick of speed and acceleration is definitely present and can get you into trouble lol. Iā€™ll take sport mode over rock crawl if I had to choose one.

Visibility is AMAZING from everywhere, easy to see everything from almost any angle. The rear view mirror offers great coverage of the entire back window.

The cloth seats are great, aesthetically pleasing and very comfortable. Wanted leather or vinyl but they arenā€™t really much of a downgrade. Very good quality.

At highway speeds, there is wind noise inside, but you can still have a conversation and listen to the radio at normal volume, at city speeds itā€™s less noticeable.

The sound system, to me, sounds more than adequate at the very least, whether sitting in front or back. If I can hear audio clearly then Iā€™m goodā€¦and I can!

Sasquatch is big, Iā€™m 6ft tall and the bottom of the vehicle is slightly higher than my knees. Love the tires and vehicle height, I feel so tall on the road and I feel taller than many SUVs and trucks, mid and full size

People are definitely looking and want pictures and asking about it. Went for coffee last weekend and 2 dudes roll up in a full size Range Rover, which start at over $90k, and they couldnā€™t stop checking it out! The Bronco is where itā€™s at!

It amuses me when people ask how I like it because they are thinking of getting one but the wait is so long. Get in line because I waited over a year for it and many many others are still waiting that reserved before me. They simply have no clue, good things take time.

Iā€™m really enjoying the soft top, much more than anticipated, because I can take the back windows out and flip the top down in 1 minute and go topless, and the bronco looks amazing topless! Plus the black cloth matches the red color and gray trim pieces ver nicely. The AC system works very well, I get blasted by it and have to turn it down because my hands get cold, and I need AC living in the desert. For winter I have the heated seats, but so far the soft top seems well insulated.

The one thing that annoys me that I cannot figure out is how to switch between approved Bluetooth devices on Sync 4. I find myself having to disconnect Bluetooth to stop that connection to then bring up a list of all devices to choose from. If someone knows an easier way to do this please let me know

No regrets over getting the 2.7L engine because the last few vehicles I had were 4 cylinder and I got tired of the slight lag when you do need to get up to speed quick. No lag with the 2.7 and makes it extremely fun to drive, however the smaller engine Iā€™m sure is great too.

Overall I LOVE this vehicle, too bad they are getting rid of the Rapid Red color because everyone who has seen it says itā€™s the perfect color for this vehicle. I went back and forth between dark and light blue, then gray and bright red. Settled on Rapid Red one day before the deadline to update my order and itā€™s the right one!

Ford Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch Rapid Red Delivery! 435D9F61-B6ED-4759-9CF1-68627916B6E6

Ford Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch Rapid Red Delivery! 435D9F61-B6ED-4759-9CF1-68627916B6E6

Congratulations Matt! What a beautiful Bronco!!!

Bronco Hank

Wildtrak
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch Rapid Red Delivery! 1632193494986
Good looking Bronco! Quick question, how did your dealer or you get the front license plate mounted in that spot? It looks great and much better than what Iā€™ve been seeing. Most show the front plate to be much higher mounted much closer to the grill.

Sponsored

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sweet rig. Iā€™m equal parts happy for you and pissed that I wonā€™t get Rapid Red on my 2022. Itā€™s the best color that most people didnā€™t pick.

OP
OP

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sweet rig. Iā€™m equal parts happy for you and pissed that I wonā€™t get Rapid Red on my 2022. Itā€™s the best color that most people didnā€™t pick.
Sorry you wonā€™t get it. Ford should definitely honor what original MY21 orders were when they were placed.
Itā€™s definitely the best color and thatā€™s exactly why I picked it, most people didnā€™t pick red and not many red vehicles on the road. Iā€™ve seen a black and a white bronco the last few days on the road and they blend in with everything else.

OP
OP

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch Rapid Red Delivery! 1632193494986
Good looking Bronco! Quick question, how did your dealer or you get the front license plate mounted in that spot? It looks great and much better than what Iā€™ve been seeing. Most show the front plate to be much higher mounted much closer to the grill.
the dealer had that installed when I picked it up. I took it off since I donā€™t need to have a front plate. But they put two screws into the bottom of the front bumper and there is a hook that it latches onto

image.jpg

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven't had enough time with SYNC 4 to know for sure if it works the same, but on SYNC 3, you can go:

Settings > Bluetooth > View Devices

At which point, it'll have a list of any paired ones, and you should just be able to click whichever one you want to switch to.

the dealer had that installed when I picked it up. I took it off since I donā€™t need to have a front plate. But they put two screws into the bottom of the front bumper and there is a hook that it latches onto

Ford Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch Rapid Red Delivery! image
I wouldn't be happy if they put screws in my bumper for a plate holder.

OP
OP

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I haven't had enough time with SYNC 4 to know for sure if it works the same, but on SYNC 3, you can go:

Settings > Bluetooth > View Devices

At which point, it'll have a list of any paired ones, and you should just be able to click whichever one you want to switch to.

I wouldn't be happy if they put screws in my bumper for a plate holder.
ill try that for the Bluetooth, I mean it should be simple, but I havenā€™t found a list yet when one is already paired to switch to another.

I guess the screws were in the plastic skid plate which is part of the front bumper. It doesnt look bad but I wonā€™t be putting the plate back on

Sponsored

Thurmy7

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Specs:
-Big Bend Sasquatch
-Rapid Red
-2.7L
-Mid Pkg
-Door lock keypad
-LED signature lighting
-Soft top

Looks great and that Rapid Red is šŸ”„šŸ”„. Congrats!

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Beautiful in RR! Congrats!

Seeing the fuel economy you realized I'd love for them to offer their 3.0L diesel like they do for the F150, but I'm not sure that many would want to pay the extra $7k for it. We have it in our '18 Range Rover that is similar in size to a Bronco, and we average 28 MPG with mixed driving.

OP
OP

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Beautiful in RR! Congrats!

Seeing the fuel economy you realized I'd love for them to offer their 3.0L diesel like they do for the F150, but I'm not sure that many would want to pay the extra $7k for it. We have it in our '18 Range Rover that is similar in size to a Bronco, and we average 28 MPG with mixed driving.
So the bronco has an average fuel economy gauge on it and I realized you can reset it lol (which I did not do upon picking up from dealer) so I reset it and now itā€™s showing in the range of 20-21mpg. Iā€™d say 17-20 is a good range for it. Yes diesel would be a great alternative to hybrid or electric. Iā€™d buy that. I just sold my VW Passat diesel and it was getting 40-45mpg on the highway
Sponsored