Sponsored

File under "Competiton Makes Better Products" - IH Scout coming back?

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The overall look is very similar. There were numerous "Bronco" sightings early on that turned out to be old Scouts.
Thats actually kinda hilarious! Funny people would think a vehicle that old is new.
Sponsored

BoostedBronco

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
"But to connect this pragmatically realistic perspective of the future, with the notion of launching a new product line under the Scout nameplate, is truly speculative and at this time, not reflective any plans, real or imagined. "

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If VW wants to bring anything back to the market then they need to bring back the Type 181 aka "The Thing".

Ford Bronco File under "Competiton Makes Better Products" - IH Scout coming back? download

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If VW wants to bring anything back to the market then they need to bring back the Type 181 aka "The Thing".

Ford Bronco File under "Competiton Makes Better Products" - IH Scout coming back? download
Friend had a Thing growing up, everybody thought she was crazy and freely gave unsolicited opinions on how terrible it looked. But we had a blast in the car.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well they can't do any worse then GM did to the blazer....🤔
if its EV only with an automatic, then other than coastal yuppies and greenies, who’d get it over a Wrangler or price gouged 4dr?

Sponsored

International_George

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 International Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I currently drive a 1980 Scout II with 285k miles. Doubt VW could match that even with EV. But if it looks like a Scout I may be on for one.

bodie_38

First Name
Bodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ELR, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

if its EV only with an automatic, then other than coastal yuppies and greenies, who’d get it over a Wrangler or price gouged 4dr?
Only people who like gobs of torque and not buying gas.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I remember seeing an interview with some scout collectors/experts. One guy SWORE he had literal proof ford copied the scouts overall design. Not knocking either, just a little tidbit I saw. Both are really cool vehicles. Competition makes better vehicles for us all.
And I thought Jeep did with the Renegade. All it needs is fold down windshield, removable doors and an open bed version

Sponsored

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thats actually kinda hilarious! Funny people would think a vehicle that old is new.
Ford Bronco File under "Competiton Makes Better Products" - IH Scout coming back? 1633704895441

I think folks could be forgiven if they confused this with the new Bronco back in 2020...lots of variations, but the general shape and stance is very similar.

bodie_38

First Name
Bodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ELR, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think the 4-door Bronco looks more like a Scout than a Bronco. The bolt on plastic grill of the new Bronco is much more like the Scout than the EB, round wheel arches, windshield shape and frameless window. Just move the rear axle of the Scout further back. I had a full cage in my '77 Scout II and never had the top on. It looked A LOT like the 4 door Bronco with the top off. Maybe I'll remove the trail sights and put IH badges and a fat rallye stripe on it.
Sponsored