Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Will we be financing at that time?

Will the dealer be able to set there price at that time?

Also, I've thought about reserving the bronco I want with two different dealerships and choosing the one that offers the cheapest price? Good or bad strategy?
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will we be financing at that time?

Will the dealer be able to set there price at that time?

Also, I've thought about reserving the bronco I want with two different dealerships and choosing the one that offers the cheapest price? Good or bad strategy?
GREAT QUESTIONS:

You can get pre approved but financing will be handled at delivery..

Yes that is the time that the sale price and trade in valuations are handled

Go with the dealership that will work with you and fit your needs...

Many forum members have reached out to me about Granger Ford and would do business but have a great relationship with their local dealer...we understand and accept that fact...

Last edited:

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've not ordered a vehicle before. What funds change hands at the time of placing an order? I understand price is worked out but financing isn't in place until delivery. I'm planning in trading my car in plus cash down. There will be several months between ordering and delivery that I'll be able to set aside more cash to put down (want the payment as low as possible to not upset the household CFO aka the wife).

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've not ordered a vehicle before. What funds change hands at the time of placing an order? I understand price is worked out but financing isn't in place until delivery. I'm planning in trading my car in plus cash down. There will be several months between ordering and delivery that I'll be able to set aside more cash to put down (want the payment as low as possible to not upset the household CFO aka the wife).
Typically your dealership might require a non-refundable deposit of $500 or $1000 once you submit your order sheet.

So if you back out of the deal and never take delivery, the dealer still makes out a little for the hassle of now having to sell the vehicle on its lot.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Typically your dealership might require a non-refundable deposit of $500 or $1000 once you submit your order sheet.

So if you back out of the deal and never take delivery, the dealer still makes out a little for the hassle of now having to sell the vehicle on its lot.
Thanks. I'd seen mention of a deposit eluded to but never really any details on what that entailed.

Sponsored

Mpixel

Badlands
First Name
MC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Toyota Camry, 1999 Nissan Pathfinder, 2015 VW Jetta, 2019 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i’d really like to get the black diamond bc my fiancé wants the cyber orange(yellow) but our trade in is only worth 2k on kbb and I want to get the price down to 30 or less with down payment+trade. do you think the dealership would give me more for my trade in if I go up from a big bend to black diamond?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

i’d really like to get the black diamond bc my fiancé wants the cyber orange(yellow) but our trade in is only worth 2k on kbb and I want to get the price down to 30 or less with down payment+trade. do you think the dealership would give me more for my trade in if I go up from a big bend to black diamond?
It's going to be hard to haggle anything on reservations turned orders. If you dont come to an agreement on price the dealer thanks you for the non-refundable deposit you put down to order it then sells it 30 minutes after you walk of out the dealership. Demand will be sky high at first.

Broncc

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base
You'd be significantly better off selling your trade in privately at that value...

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

if you're paying cash don't tell the dealer till after you have the purchase and sale forms done
Funny what a critical step this is but for different reasons.

This is how you should buy a car:

1) have the dealer/salesman demonstrate why you would even want to buy their product in the first place. If it doesn't fit your needs... done!

2) Negotiate a fair Total Price...basically out the Door. Be prepared to walk out if they won't give you a good deal.

3) Now talk Financing, down payment, trade in. Etc. They may try to change their price once they find out... again be prepared to walk.

Dealers way of selling a car:

Hi, my name is Yada, how much per month are you willing to spend? (Even before they show you anything).

in some special instances will they push to find out if you are financing because they get kick backs and can go lower. If that happens, you can say... maybe or thinking about it... if that happens, find out how long you have to make the payments to meet the deal. Then on your first car payment, you pay off the entire loan sans X number of payments to meet that min.

Doing that will keep you from paying interest on the full balance for those x months and save you tons.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are js
It's going to be hard to haggle anything on reservations turned orders. If you dont come to an agreement on price the dealer thanks you for the non-refundable deposit you put down to order it then sells it 30 minutes after you walk of out the dealership. Demand will be sky high at first.
How would we be able to take a reservation from the customer...

If the customer does not place an order on it then the reservation dies...

We had a customer that ordered a Bronco Sport and wanted the Bronco non sport, her reservation expired and we will give her the $100 back because it can no longer be cancelled..

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No doubt that Granger is doing what they can for us, but unfortunately for those of with trades, that trade in value could make the difference. In Wisconsin, we only pay sales tax on the difference between trade value and purchase price, so selling privately usually isn’t worth it on a vehicle that is worth $20K and up.

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are js

How would we be able to take a reservation from the customer...

If the customer does not place an order on it then the reservation dies...

We had a customer that ordered a Bronco Sport and wanted the Bronco non sport, her reservation expired and we will give her the $100 back because it can no longer be cancelled..
The quote was, "Reservation turned into an order"

Meaning that the customer lost their hand money but the dealership was still responsible for the vehicle from Ford and had to see it on their lot.
Sponsored