Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
  • Banned
Just finished installing the "autostop eliminator".

Here is their website:
https://www.autostopeliminator.com/

See all pics. Overall very happy with the product. I no longer have to remind myself to turn it off every time I turn on my bronco. Same goes for my wife and eventually my teen driver when old enough. I felt, and have always felt, this feature is unsafe and hard on the vehicle over time if you live in city, and frankly just no fun. I do see it has some gas saving value, I think, but in a manual trans car it just isn't necessary.

I like the autostop product also because if I ever do want to use this feature in the future, I just push the button again and it turns back on vs some hack that eliminates this feature all together. This is how Ford should be doing it from factory. Maybe they will buy from this company and I hope they do. Support small business!!

Install took me about an hour. I took my time. I didn't have the torx tool needed, but then remembered Ford gave me a tool kit for my bronco and the torx tool I needed to remove the grab handle was right there!! Rad. I also used it to tighten the other 2 grab handles which we use daily bc of the 3 inch lift. Not too tight though and none of them were very loose. Plus it is still hot where Im at in the desert and my garage was about 110+ degrees. So I did my best to move slow but also...move fast!! Lol 😓

I suggest adding more blue painters tape aka masking tape on your dash/console. See pics where I lightly scratched mine. The flash makes it look worse than it is but ya. Shit. Haha. Doesn't bother me or the wife. *This happened during hardest part of install, which was removing the AC controller part of the dash. Not as easy as the guy in video. Just take your time. The clips up top are no fun and the clips are what scratched sides of dash by your knees. Same goes when putting it back on, take your time. Make sure you line everything up correctly and press all corners firm bc I thought it was fully re-installed but it clipped 2 more times up top. Also make sure the harness cables are tucked back in properly before you clip the AC controller back in place. If you wear a wedding ring, take it off for the latter step if able so dont scratch dash even with cloth underneath, which I did..but again not bad, flash makes it look worse and its hidden when sitting upright in the seats. Its a Bronco...not a Ferrari. I just call it a new "battlescar" for the bronco lol.

Two other things off topic. I had about 1 minute to spare when reinstalling everything and pulled down the glovebox to see if the bronco had a cabin filter. It looks like it does, see pic. I didn't try to open the filter panel bc I was out of time. Can anyone confirm this? I also noticed the center console shifter AC controls are different on a MT vs AT (cup holders and Ford Mfg badge in diff spots). I like the placement of cup holders, phone holder and ford badge more on the MT vs AT + the flash makes my shift boot look out of color...everything matches great without that damn flash!! Lol

I was also happy to now know where to access the interior fuse box behind the steering column panel. Cool. I install dash cams and other stuff for car dealers and its good to know where its at on bronco.

Upon first ignition it already began stopping the auto off before I pressed the button. Yes!!! Also, as soon as you turn on the bronco it now says the shit feature lol (auto stop) has been "deactivated" Awesome. See pic.

All done. The End.

20210922_105539.jpg

20210922_105642.jpg

20210922_105822.jpg

20210922_112207.jpg

20210922_112200.jpg

20210922_121820.jpg

20210922_123636.jpg

20210922_133542.jpg

20210922_133609.jpg

20210922_105857.jpg

20210922_133253.jpg

20210922_123816.jpg

20210922_123928.jpg
Sponsored

texheim

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Stage 2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the write up. I find it interesting that in the vehicle settings on my '16 mustang I can check a box that disables this feature permanently until I un check the box.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So do you have to push the "ok" button, or whatever, to dismiss the notice that says the start/stop has been deactivated? Every time you start the vehicle?

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like the placement of cup holders, phone holder and ford badge more on the MT vs AT + the flash makes my shift boot look out of color...everything matches great without that damn flash!! Lol

Ford Bronco Auto Start/Stop Eliminator Installation Notes and Review on 2021 Bronco 20210922_123928
It is not the flash, and not just you. I was looking at my MT shift boot the other day and noticed the same thing. The color is off, and does not match any other color in the interior. Something maybe for Ford to address in MY22

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have used the ASS (gotta love that abbreviation :) ), and not used it on both my Ranger, and my Wrangler. I really don't miss that thimble full of gas the thing seems to save over an entire tank of gas. So, it's off all of the time on both.

OP
OP

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
  • Banned
It is not the flash, and not just you. I was looking at my MT shift boot the other day and noticed the same thing. The color is off, and does not match any other color in the interior. Something maybe for Ford to address in MY22
Ah, yes, good point. Now that I look at it in person a little closer, there is a mild color diff. But not bad. And that damn flash sure didnt help ;)

OP
OP

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
  • Banned
Thanks for the write up. I find it interesting that in the vehicle settings on my '16 mustang I can check a box that disables this feature permanently until I un check the box.
I searched High and Low for a feature like this or the easy unplug option in the F150. No luck. Us Bronco owners are SOL but I'm also glad I didn't try using a "free" hack to get er done.

OP
OP

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So do you have to push the "ok" button, or whatever, to dismiss the notice that says the start/stop has been deactivated? Every time you start the vehicle?
The answer is NO!! You DO NOT have to press the ok button to clear the start/stop dash message each engine cycle. You can either wait 5 seconds for the notification to turn off automatically OR if in a hurry or tired of seeing your bronco remind you that you are its owner and smarter than it is...then you can press the "Ok" button, also known as the "get the hell off my gauge cluster screen Pronto you butthole" button. Hope this helps.

Sponsored

Dogstyle

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don't tell Ford that, they will send it to dirt mountain and hold it :unsure: :LOL:

Blk Diamond Cheese/2DR/2.7/SASQ/MIC/MID/TOW

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The other way is using FORSCAN and a $100 OBDII dongle. You can turn the auto start/stop off in the control and then unplug the dongle. Nothing to take apart and utilizes the OBDII port temporarily.
So Forscan/users have not done a sheet for the Bronco yet as you would imagine, what are the chances that turning off the Auto Start/Stop on the Bronco is similar to the recent F150? Do you think there is much difference between the Sync 3 and Sync 4?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So Forscan/users have not done a sheet for the Bronco yet as you would imagine, what are the chances that turning off the Auto Start/Stop on the Bronco is similar to the recent F150? Do you think there is much difference between the Sync 3 and Sync 4?
Can't imagine until someone posts it. I'm not a programmer by any stretch but figured out the Ranger.

Bronco is supposed to have a little less access to the ECU, but there is a great FORSCAN thread in B6g, I would ask there! (i'm at least 12 months away from delivery so am not in a big rush to research)

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I installed this last week. Works perfect.