Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is anyone really that fragile to require using that? I've been on various Ford forums for at least 15 years and get slammed often. I've never placed anyone on ignore.
I'm still trying to find the "any key" on my keyboard
Sponsored

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's not only dirt and being exposed to weather but the fact that it was sitting inactive for all that time. Something don't seem right about that.
Ford says they will be rotating/moving them occasionally.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's not only dirt and being exposed to weather but the fact that it was sitting inactive for all that time. Something don't seem right about that.
Ford says they will be rotating/moving them occasionally.
What i would like to know is how does my dealer not know about the MIC replacement situation? Also why does ford put out these COAs and not follow their own process' or plans?
You just can't fix stupid!

B_rad

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep GC/2018 GMC Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That Bronco isnt dirty enough to have come from DIRT MTN! It's a propaganda plant trying to convince us they really care.;)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That Bronco isnt dirty enough to have come from DIRT MTN! It's a propaganda plant trying to convince us they really care.;)
I thought they'd be fully washed in order to inspect for any paint damage. Perhaps, these have only had the top replaced and yet to be fully inspected?

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do you really want to spend $40-$50k on a Bronco that sat in a dirt lot for 2-3 months?
In a heartbeat. Its gonna come home and sit in my driveway for the next few years where it belongs.

I thought they'd be fully washed in order to inspect for any paint damage. Perhaps, these have only had the top replaced and yet to be fully inspected?
Your thinking about this way too much. This is the inspection line. The dealer will wash it and fix any paint issues that aren't glaring. Along with the rodent nests in the engine bay 😂

MrWindowsAZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013/2018 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I turned wrenches in another life at a Jeep dealership, we got paid for every New Vehicle Inspection, so the dealer ought to be performing a full inspection prior to delivery, to include any minor paint chip repair, etc.

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No way I would accept delivery without Ford providing an allowance for a full professional paint correction. I would not want the factory to “wash” vehicle and destroy the finish before it even gets on a railcar.
Good luck with that.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

MIC 2.0 top on Dirt Mountain Broncos.

Mic 2.0 top Bronco production line.jpg
Stig, is that you, with your tater ? :)

@618TRVLWILD

Ash, think about it. If whoever took this pic can do it, what is the big problem with the Stig and his tater. I thinking just an oral, or written warning would be enough for his indiscretions. Nothing more.

Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No way I would accept delivery without Ford providing an allowance for a full professional paint correction. I would not want the factory to “wash” vehicle and destroy the finish before it even gets on a railcar.

Comedy club one-liner? Do you think for one second that any "new" car doesn't sit outside for an extended time period? Dirt lots, rail yards, concrete jungles, dealer lots full of kids and tire kickers. And, lest we forget, it will sit in someone's driveway, outside, for its enitre life. I would say I would like some of what you're smoking, but, that's some wacky tobacky you got there and you should probably stick to that. A normal PDI at the dealership will take place along with an end-user inspection. This will generate a due bill for any "damage" that might need addressing.

MJCBJ

First Edition
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I really don't care how dirty it is right now, I just want my Bronco.....
The dirt will wash off (or like the Wife says "shit'll buff out").

Built 8/4 and sitting at DM ever since.
4 door FE, Lightning Blue, Black interior.

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

MIC 2.0 top on Dirt Mountain Broncos.

Mic 2.0 top Bronco production line.jpg

😍 The 2DR CB OBX SAS could be mine! It's defiantly the standard OBX mid package (312A). I can tell because of the plain painted mirror caps. They lack the extras added from the high/lux packages. Fingers crossed! 🤞

Deleted member 5064

Comedy club one-liner? Do you think for one second that any "new" car doesn't sit outside for an extended time period? Dirt lots, rail yards, concrete jungles, dealer lots full of kids and tire kickers. And, lest we forget, it will sit in someone's driveway, outside, for its enitre life. I would say I would like some of what you're smoking, but, that's some wacky tobacky you got there and you should probably stick to that. A normal PDI at the dealership will take place along with an end-user inspection. This will generate a due bill for any "damage" that might need addressing.
These were never intended to “sit” on a dealer lot for months. Any vehicle that doesn’t sell for months usually comes with low financing or rebates, most of us are paying MSRP . These were factory pre ordered and supposed to be delivered right off the truck to awaiting owner. In my past few new car purchases/orders I always request vehicle not to be washed during PDI because of paint damage caused by dealer lot boy.