Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got my rig and installed my cargo area enclosure. I was thinking there might be a way to leave the doors unlocked but the tailgate locked to keep my stuff secure. With the soft top I was wanting to leave it unlocked so top wouldn't get cut if someone wanted in. Is there a way to configure the tailgate to stay locked?
Sponsored

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco Soft top security with enclosure Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 11.56.58 PM

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm getting a soft top myself. I have always had hard tops in my Jeeps for security. I was just looking at options last night. Is this the Ford enclosure with the molle panel?? If so is the area that is against the back seats solid?? My concern would be you could access it if you pull the rear seats down.

OP
OP
bmclain

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No car is Secure it has glass windows and the bad guy has a hammer.
The point is not to be secure, the point is to be slightly harder to get into than the car parked next to you.

Though in the case of soft-tops, the point is to be easy enough to get into that no one decides to slash your roof.

OP
OP
bmclain

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting a soft top myself. I have always had hard tops in my Jeeps for security. I was just looking at options last night. Is this the Ford enclosure with the molle panel?? If so is the area that is against the back seats solid?? My concern would be you could access it if you pull the rear seats down.
It is the one where the lid can raise. There is a metal molle panel on the back side as well. So even with the seats down its secure. If you are planning on staying with soft top, I wouldn't get the one I got. The lid doesn't raise very well with the soft top and hits the prop rod for the top.

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the one without the raising lid, and honestly it is too secure for me. I had one on my Isuzu Amigo back in the day that was just plastic and could be removed from inside with 4-6 thumb screws. It was a deterrent from the crime of opportunity, but I could remove it in 2 minutes to take home a large thing from home depot or the like. This thing...It aint coming out again unless it comes out for good. Kinda kills the functionality of the SUV being able to carry larger items.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The point is not to be secure, the point is to be slightly harder to get into than the car parked next to you.

Though in the case of soft-tops, the point is to be easy enough to get into that no one decides to slash your roof.
Never have ANYTHING in plain sight. Looking inside and checking for unlocked cars is the vast majority of theft. They wont go to all the trouble on a fishing expedition, there are easier targets with less risk.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is the one where the lid can raise. There is a metal molle panel on the back side as well. So even with the seats down its secure. If you are planning on staying with soft top, I wouldn't get the one I got. The lid doesn't raise very well with the soft top and hits the prop rod for the top.
Good info. But I can't say that raising the lid is a concern. I'm more concerned with being able to throw stuff in from the tailgait when parking with the top down.

I know nothing will prevent a determined thief. But stuff out of sight is less of a temptation.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bmclain

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the one without the raising lid, and honestly it is too secure for me. I had one on my Isuzu Amigo back in the day that was just plastic and could be removed from inside with 4-6 thumb screws. It was a deterrent from the crime of opportunity, but I could remove it in 2 minutes to take home a large thing from home depot or the like. This thing...It aint coming out again unless it comes out for good. Kinda kills the functionality of the SUV being able to carry larger items.
Yah. Removal for mine appears difficult as well. Looks like full disassembly will be required.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Am I missing something? I don't see how to lock the tailgate seperately.
Figure you can set the keyless entry to just lock/unlock the driver door, leaving the tailgate locked!
Ford Bronco Soft top security with enclosure Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at Edit PM

Last edited:
OP
OP
bmclain

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Figure you can set the keyless entry to just lock/unlock the driver door, leaving the tailgate locked!
Ford Bronco Soft top security with enclosure Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at Edit PM
Nope. Thats only for unlock and the option is drivers door only or all. Lock does all. Even if you press the lock button on tailgate, it locks all doors
Sponsored