Sponsored

Best trim for a 2021 Bronco Overland Build?

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what model would you get to start a overland build? The way I see it is you could go with the mall crawler (Outer Banks) and add the Sasquatch Package or you go Badlands and add the Mid or even the High Package to get the add comfort for long trips. The Badsquash is temping but i'm not planning on doing any heavy rock crawling.
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man... "Overlanders" are a weird bunch. Ha. Literally any of these trucks could be overlanders. Depends on where you're taking it and your own skills. Depends on how much "comfort" you need for long trips. You don't need heated and cooled seats to get to a campsite no matter how far away it is.

Are you overlanding the Rubicon? Some BLM? To Uzbekistan? Or just through a state park with a bunch of tacticool crap strapped to the truck?

The longer the trips the less shit you want to have that can break.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I went first edition. Should I not be able to get it somehow, I'd go loaded badlands. Not going mall and kid hauler with my bronco whether or not it ever goes off roading much. But look forward to taking it to the Colorado cabin next year.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Washbjj88

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man... "Overlanders" are a weird bunch. Ha. Literally any of these trucks could be overlanders. Depends on where you're taking it and your own skills. Depends on how much "comfort" you need for long trips. You don't need heated and cooled seats to get to a campsite no matter how far away it is.

Are you overlanding the Rubicon? Some BLM? To Uzbekistan? Or just through a state park with a bunch of tacticool crap strapped to the truck?

The longer the trips the less shit you want to have that can break.
I agree any of them would work. My ambitions are basically to travel North America do the TAT and a lot of weekend trips throughout the east coast.

WkndEpic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved the 4dr Badlands (will add the 2.7L Eco, Lux, Sasquatch) for my next outdoor adventure rig. My current rig is the 3rd gen Taco with various additions and modifications to support the type of adventures that I take with my family.

The types of terrain and trail difficulty will ultimately dictate how capable your rig should be. I've gained a ton of experience along the way and have learned a great deal about how my family and I like to recreate outdoors. For us, the Badlands model made the most sense as the starting point for our next build.

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I wanted an "overlanding" Bronco I'd get a 4 door badlands with the 2.3 with an auto and no sasquatch.

I'd want to try to balance max space with fuel efficiency.

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I wanted an "overlanding" Bronco I'd get a 4 door badlands with the 2.3 with an auto and no sasquatch.

Why no Sasquatch?

Madsjim

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150 XLT 5. 0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why no Sasquatch?
It's all about fuel efficiency. Overlanders typically get out to the most remote spots possible and 35's aren't all that necessary for most of what they do. Out in the western US, that means you could be 100+ miles away from the nearest gas station after traveling 4 hours to get there.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Washbjj88

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved the 4dr Badlands (will add the 2.7L Eco, Lux, Sasquatch) for my next outdoor adventure rig. My current rig is the 3rd gen Taco with various additions and modifications to support the type of adventures that I take with my family.

The types of terrain and trail difficulty will ultimately dictate how capable your rig should be. I've gained a ton of experience along the way and have learned a great deal about how my family and I like to recreate outdoors. For us, the Badlands model made the most sense as the starting point for our next build.
Hopeing to do the same but could

I think that's exactly where I will end up. I have the 4 door badlands reserved. 33" MT or AT are a must I don't want to get into replacing wheels and tires from day one. I could also see going down to a 4 door Black Diamond if i feel the need the budget those 200 aftermarket accessories. No matter where I end up I cant wait to hit the trails.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2D Badlands with the Sasquatch and 2.7L is where I'm heading for my adventure camping vehicle that will also be my daily driver. I'm in the Midwest (KC) so trips to the Rockies, Ozarks and Appalachia are all well within reach and for those I'd prefer to have the lockers, lifts and ground clearance the Squatch would provide. Like the Jeeps, the Bronco is likely to need some reinforcement to mount a roof top tent. That has me leaning towards building a small off-road trailer that I can mount my tent to instead and park the majority of the time I won't be out in the boondocks. A basket on the roof and a ground tent will be plenty for quick weekend jaunts.

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How come the 2.3 with the auto for overlanding and not the 2.7 auto?