First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford Bronco 2025 Bronco Pickup details from sources close to the project (by Automobile) 2025 Ford Bronco Pickup Front

2025 Ford Bronco Pickup: It’s Coming, and Here’s Everything We Know So Far

Exclusive details from sources close to the project.

Link to article: https://www.automobilemag.com/news/...tw_social_AMAG_200723_sf236188188#sf236188188

July 23, 2020

The 2021 Ford Bronco is only a little more than a week into its return, and it has already taken the off-road lifestyle world by storm—alongside the first new member of the new Bronco sub-brand, the Bronco Sport. We've even previewed the upcoming 2022 Bronco Raptor. A third Bronco stablemate is on the way, however: the Ford Bronco pickup. The good news is, it's coming. The bad news is, you'll have to wait: The Bronco pickup probably isn't due until mid-2024, as a 2025 model, according to our sources, although forces inside the company are working to move the date forward, if possible. Here's what you can expect whenever it arrives.

2025 Ford Bronco Pickup: Engines And Transmissions

Though it launched with 2.3-liter and 2.7-liter turbocharged four- and six-cylinder engines, the Bronco SUV is expected to get Ford's 3.0-liter EcoBoost turbo V-6 in a future update, possibly in the form of the Bronco Raptor. The Bronco pickup, however, won't get the 3.0-liter option, according to our sources. That leaves the door open for the rumored addition of Ford's 5.0-liter V-8 to take the top slot in the Bronco pickup line, though our sources said nothing about a V-8.

Like the Bronco SUV, we expect the Bronco pickup to offer the same seven-speed manual and 10-speed automatic transmission options for the 2.3-liter, and the same 10-speed automatic-only configuration for the 2.7-liter V-6. If the 5.0-liter V-8 does make it into the Bronco pickup, we'd expect to see the 10-speed automatic as the only option for it, as well.

2025 Ford Bronco Pickup: Equipment & Pricing

The Bronco name and look isn't all the Bronco pickup is likely to borrow from the SUV line; our sources tell us the Bronco pickup will offer the same equipment and trim packages as the bed-less Bronco, like the GOAT-mode (Goes Over Any Terrain) terrain-management system, as well as the Badlands, Big Bend, Black Diamond, Outer Banks, and Wildtrack specifications. The Bronco's Sasquatch package is also likely to make the transition. However, while the Bronco SUV is available in both two-door and four-door body styles, the Bronco pickup will only be available in four-door Crew Cab configuration.

Ford Bronco 2025 Bronco Pickup details from sources close to the project (by Automobile) 2025 Ford Bronco Pickup Rear

A limited-volume First Edition package is also likely for the Bronco pickup's first year of production; pricing for this all-out model could top $60,000. Other Bronco pickup trims should map closely to the Bronco SUV's price structure, with the base model likely to start around $30,000. Ford filled all 3,500 reservations for Bronco SUV First Edition models in just a few hours after its unveiling, then decided to double that number to 7,000 to meet the demand, so look for Ford to offer at least as many First Edition Bronco pickups.

2025 Ford Bronco Pickup: What About Ranger And F-150?

While it might seem like another pickup line is the last thing Ford needs, especially with the Ranger back, and an all-new Ranger incoming, plus the depth and breadth of the ever-versatile F-150 range, lessons learned by the broader automotive industry might hint otherwise. The reason BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Porsche make as many variants of each model as they can imagine is that the more models they make, the more cars they sell. Yes, some models might snatch a sale or two from a neighboring model—a high-trim Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class might overlap with a lower-trim C-Class, for example—but by and large, adding a model adds buyers.

Plus, while the Ranger and F-150 do span essentially the entire breadth of the American consumer-grade pickup market, Ford launched the Bronco sub-brand for a reason, and it seems likely that reason is larger than the Bronco Sport. Between its off-road cachet and unique styling, the Bronco brand might be just what Ford needs to grow its already dominant position in the pickup truck space.

Ford is also said to be considering a unibody pickup to snag the smaller-than-Ranger segment, giving further indication that the Blue Oval at least thinks it's possible to offer many different-sized-and-shaped slices of pickup truck pie without cannibalizing itself.
On the other hand, the Ranger and F-150 Raptor also carry some off-road cachet and unique styling of their own, so it's conceivable that intra-brand competition could be a concern.

2025 Ford Bronco Pickup: When Will It Go On Sale?

As noted above, we expect Ford to unveil the Bronco pickup in mid-2024, for sale later that year as a 2025 model. Sources also say Ford is working to shorten the wait if it can, but that the earliest possible arrival date is sometime in 2022, indicating a 2023 model-year sales launch would be the soonest we'd see a production Bronco pickup.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I still don’t believe that the pickup has been green lit. I’m sure they have a prototype and some models or CAD renders but from my understanding the pickup focus is on ranger.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I still don’t believe that the pickup has been green lit. I’m sure they have a prototype and some models or CAD renders but from my understanding the pickup focus is on ranger.
I agree. The next-gen ranger is due out next year. I don't know if the mid-size truck market can support 2 vehicles from the same manufacturer?

northshoreboarder

Raptor
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Raptor, 67' Bronco,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is way to close to the gladiator, I hope they create some key differences. I'm not a buyer of that space though, perhaps some will like it.

Sponsored

gonavy2205

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Expedition, 07 Harley Heritage, 07 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want a three door with the wheel base of a four door. Similar to a defender wagon.

Ford Bronco 2025 Bronco Pickup details from sources close to the project (by Automobile) tenor
Gotta love those old Defenders!!!

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks better than the Gladiator, But I already have a pick'em up truck with a longer more usable bed.

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

They need to learn from Jeep and abandon this thing. It has Gladiatoritis. Just get an F150 if you want a Truck.
Yeah, I still wonder why they even brought the Ranger back to begin with. You can get an F150 for very little more $ than what a Ranger is. If you want a truck, get a TRUCK! lol ?
Sponsored

Last edited: