Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL they’re not THAT expensive. What’s blowing my mind is all the people dropping 2 grand immediately to swap wheels and tires
Yeah I hear you on the wheels and tires. I can see if you have a base. But I have BL with SAS and I can't see doing that. at some point I might upgrade to Nitto Ridge Grapplers. :)

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not tonight. You have reached your request allotment for the day, but if they work for my 5'2" gf I am guessing your wife will be fine
Do you feel like the DS provides protections from rocks tossed by the tires?

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you all for your orders so far!

Our video on install and looks comes out tomorrow :) be sure to check out our YouTube page for more!

We are working with Go Rhino to up production of these steps and get them out to you as quickly as we can you guys have bought up what we had/coming in quicker than I thought. We truly appreciate the support you guys have shown us!

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to @Mitch Panda Motorworks or myself we are here for you all!

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't really think any step will give that great of protection for that. Mud flaps would be best

Sponsored

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I, on the other hand, am quite sure they will protect from thrown rocks. It's a matter of simple line-of-sight trajectory. How is a "magic rock" going to fly back from the front tire, make a 90 deg right turn to miss the 6" wide obstacle (steps), then turn 90 deg straight up again, then 90 deg left to hit the door?
Ford Bronco Installed the Rhino Dominator D6 tube steps on my Badlands Bronco 1632489555991

BC33

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone know the difference between the D6 here and the DSS? The mounting hardware looks very similar. I was assuming they’d be better as actual sliders, but maybe not?
Ford Bronco Installed the Rhino Dominator D6 tube steps on my Badlands Bronco C44B03DF-27DD-4EE5-9720-214C06619A61
These are the DSS slider/steps. I’ve had them for a few weeks. Not too wide but works well as a step. Keeps the rocks from flying and they sit up nice and close to the body. Real happy with them so far!

EOSeabee

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They sure look nice!

As mentioned before, not being frame mounted is a durability concern. Also there are no supporting braces between the lengths of tube except at the two ends where connected (Mounting tabs for the grate don't add enough strength for purposes of sustaining the vehicle weight), so I would expect these to crease/bend under vehicle weight or if taking a rock impact while crawling.

This could be entirely wrong, but without the manufacturer giving accurate materials listing including wall thickness, i'll assume the lowest cost to produce until proven wrong, rather than the other way around.
I have a Bad Lands on order. No idea when it will be delivered. But, I did go to the Off-Roadeo. Our trail guide mentioned some rock slider that double as steps. I found these
https://rockslideengineering.com

https://rockslideengineering.com
They look pretty nice. Any thoughts?

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks awesome. Is there a way to get rid of the GoRhino tag on them?

Sponsored

Its Brawnco

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Raptor, 1978 F100, 2016 Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Installed the Rhino Dominator D6 tube steps on my Badlands Bronco C44B03DF-27DD-4EE5-9720-214C06619A61
These are the DSS slider/steps. I’ve had them for a few weeks. Not too wide but works well as a step. Keeps the rocks from flying and they sit up nice and close to the body. Real happy with them so far!
These look great, can you post a photo looking from the top of the door looking down at them? I'm wondering if they offer any door ding protection. You say they do a good job catching rocks?

Bsenecal

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger crew cab, '17 Fusion sport, '68 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Replaced the OEM sliders on my Badland with these from Rhino:
https://www.gorhino.com/Dominator-D6

These cost $529.05 which is a lot cheaper than the running board Ford has for sale. I also like how they look better.

It comes with Bronco specific brackets so installation was very easy. Took off the OEM sliders and got these on in 2 hours. They're very sturdy and now getting in and out of the truck is much easier, also no more fear of people slamming their door into my baby!

Before:

After:

They look great!
Brian

Motor City Lifer

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford f150 FX4/ 2012 Harley Davidson St Glide
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

BC33

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
These look great, can you post a photo looking from the top of the door looking down at them? I'm wondering if they offer any door ding protection. You say they do a good job catching rocks?
Ford Bronco Installed the Rhino Dominator D6 tube steps on my Badlands Bronco 2507336A-AA38-4D55-944B-546916AD5C95
Ford Bronco Installed the Rhino Dominator D6 tube steps on my Badlands Bronco 61B20C5F-BC77-4D4C-A657-A6052EBD4760

The pictures are relative depending on the angle and position of my camera but I will say the stick out 1 inch passed the door handle. You would notice, they look like they don’t stick out that far which is what I was looking for. I did put a level on them so I was sure of the distance they stick out. Definitely hear rocks clanging off the steps instead of the doors!

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do they mount using the pinch weld holes or at least hide them? The factory Bronco steps done ... they hang below the pinch weld... and it looks shifty. My wrangler steps mounted using the existing holes in the pinch weld. Easy to install, str8mg, and a Nice clean look!
I ordered my Bronco with the steps - wish I hadn't now. I'll have to paint the weld black or find some stripping to cover.
Sponsored