Sponsored

Tempered Glass Cover for 12 inch Sync4 display?

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trying to find one so I can remove the temp plastic and put on something to keep clean and scratch free.

I bought this one on Amazon that sounded right (12inch sync 4 that is for Ford F-150) thinking it would work but it’s larger than the screen on bronco.

Screen Protector Foils for 2021... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VRLSYC3?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Anyone found one that fits yet? Might just be too early for demand to reach the manufacturers to make the right size?

image.jpg
Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you know someone who does stained glass, they can cut it down.

OP
OP
luptanpitman

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ah good idea. I returned already. I feel like they will be more common just like the F150 versions on amazon but in meantime just leaving the protective layer from factory.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think that will work. Tempered glass is a type of safety glass that is internally stressed. Meaning once it breaks it shatters into tiny pieces (think high rise glass, side and rear windows for cars, etc). All the work such as cutting/drilling has to be done prior to tempering.

I would get a film type screen protector in the mean time if there's no tempered glass type available.

OP
OP
luptanpitman

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think that will work. Tempered glass is a type of safety glass that is internally stressed. Meaning once it breaks it shatters into tiny pieces (think high rise glass, side and rear windows for cars, etc). All the work such as cutting/drilling has to be done prior to tempering.

I would get a film type screen protector in the mean time if there's no tempered glass type available.

actually you bring up a good point. I was thinking tempered glass cause of my phone but in reality I just want a protector- can be film - so it doesn’t scratch and that’s it. It ain’t gonna crack in that spot anyway.

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

True.

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is the screen in the Bronco Sport the same size as the one in the full size Bronco? I found a couple on Amazon for the baby Bronco.

Sponsored

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does one do to scratch or break their screen? In all my years of owning a vehicle not once have I experience this. Just curious.
Pretty easy to break if you are hauling big stuff...

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really don't think these are necessary anymore, haven't put a protector on my iphones in years and never had a scratch on them, not gonna bother with one on the Bronco.
They are made to be used. Well, unless you want to use a diamond as a tool on them.
Never had a scratched one in many rental cars over the years either.

OP
OP
luptanpitman

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really don't think these are necessary anymore, haven't put a protector on my iphones in years and never had a scratch on them, not gonna bother with one on the Bronco.
They are made to be used. Well, unless you want to use a diamond as a tool on them.
Never had a scratched one in many rental cars over the years either.
I don’t use case so tempered glass is miracle for me. I drop it all the time. Glass breaks and replace w new tempered glass. Phone screen does not break ever. It’s $3 a piece. Changed the iPhone for me.
Mostly I’m worried about scratching than breaking - it gets cleaned w too coarse a fabric etc. or scratch when I’m putting something in the accessory shoe. Anyways just my take.
Sponsored