First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A+ job on everything. Top shelf. I thought painting the Squatch fender flares was a GREAT IDEA. would you mind posting a close up picture of them and are you happy with the results of painting them? Thank you. 👍
Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is a great looking rig. Everything is spot on.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my badlands about 2 months ago. It was one of the first in my area. Being a car guy and having every kind of car imaginable my favorite car has been one of my 2 Rubicon’s. The 10th Anniversary was my favorite car beating out much more expensive cars. After 3k miles this Bronco has surpassed all expectations and is really my favorite car I’ve ever had.

The only thing my car didn’t come with on my order was the B&O sound system. I fixed that by adding a couple compact Cerwin Vega woofers, a Rockford Fosgate amp and changing all other 6 speakers to Focal.

I took of my Sasquatch package so my order would get picked up early and it did. I actually liked the 33’ inch tires and wheels as they were a gunmetal grey not black how it looks on the ordering site. However I had my mind set on 35’s so I bought Black Rhino Gunmetal wheels and Toyo A/T tires.

I added a a couple LED front corner lights as well as a a LED bar.

I ordered from the dealership the Sasquatch fender flares and had those custom painted in Cactus Grey to match the body color as well as all the door handles.

I also had the Ford Logo painted the grill and roof color in a metallic grey with white trim to match the front grill as well as the Bronco back emblem. This minor detail made all the difference for me.

The only thing I’m waiting on is a front bumper brush bar and lights. I ordered one with the other LED lights but the brackets didn’t fit the Badlands modular number to Rough Country is working on brackets specifically for that bumper.

Love the ride it’s a 10 plus!!!

View attachment 177196

View attachment 177197

View attachment 177198

View attachment 177199

View attachment 177200

View attachment 177201

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Badlands : 35’s, Black Rhino Gunmetal wheels, Toyo A/T tires, LED corner lights and lightbar, painted fenders SmartSelect_20210925-164408_Chrome

Is that a defect in the paint?

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

Dubsilk

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M240 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing my car didn’t come with on my order was the B&O sound system. I fixed that by adding a couple compact Cerwin Vega woofers, a Rockford Fosgate amp and changing all other 6 speakers to Focal.

I

View attachment 177196

View attachment 177197

View attachment 177198

View attachment 177199

View attachment 177200

View attachment 177201
Can you share additional details about the audio set up including the locations for the sub?

Please and thank you.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my badlands about 2 months ago. It was one of the first in my area. Being a car guy and having every kind of car imaginable my favorite car has been one of my 2 Rubicon’s. The 10th Anniversary was my favorite car beating out much more expensive cars. After 3k miles this Bronco has surpassed all expectations and is really my favorite car I’ve ever had.

I took of my Sasquatch package so my order would get picked up early and it did. I actually liked the 33’ inch tires and wheels as they were a gunmetal grey not black how it looks on the ordering site. However I had my mind set on 35’s so I bought Black Rhino Gunmetal wheels and Toyo A/T tires.

I ordered from the dealership the Sasquatch fender flares and had those custom painted in Cactus Grey to match the body color as well as all the door handles.

I also had the Ford Logo painted the grill and roof color in a metallic grey with white trim to match the front grill as well as the Bronco back emblem. This minor detail made all the difference for me.

The only thing I’m waiting on is a front bumper brush bar and lights. I ordered one with the other LED lights but the brackets didn’t fit the Badlands modular number to Rough Country is working on brackets specifically for that bumper.

View attachment 177196

View attachment 177197

View attachment 177198

View attachment 177199

View attachment 177200

View attachment 177201
Looks fantastic! I ALSO want know more about painting the fenders and door handles. I’m *probably* getting Rapid Red, and would want those plus the mirrors to be body-color. Did the dealership do it, or a local body shop?

2wheel-Lee

Raptor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

More info on the painting of the door handles please. Did they take them off the car? Does it seem like the paint will hold up? Cost? Thanks in advance.

KaneNorth

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks fantastic, congrats!! How did they paint the handles and flares and what are your thoughts as to how it came out and anticipated durability?

As the owner of a jeep wrangler with painted fender flares, you are very likely to get lots of rock chips on the rear flares on the bronco too if you do lots of offroading or driving on gravel roads. Will never buy another offroad vehicle again that has painted flares. First thing I made sure of when I ordered my bronco is that it didn't have painted flares. Though at least the bronco flares are easy to change so you could have a second unpainted set for offroading, or have the painted ones wrapped to protect them a bit.

Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, you stole my build. Enjoy for now as I will be stealing it back in 2DR mode hopefully soon.

Can you talk about the wheels- those are the Black Rhino Barricades? What was your size and off set? Could you post a photo showing the poke from the front? I am getting a SAS'd BL and will want to reuse the tires but swap out the wheels when I get a little extra money.

Well done.

Squatch This

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee 4Dr V6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

View attachment 177196

View attachment 177197

View attachment 177198

View attachment 177199

View attachment 177200

View attachment 177201
Thanks for sharing your build photos; she is a real beaut!! A51, Cactus Gray, and Cyber Orange were my top three color choices. In the end, I went with A51 but can totally appreciate the Cactus Gray. The rims and tires look great and I really like how you matched the badging in the back to the rest of the gunmetal accenting - well played sir! Going to do similar in gloss black, so it's good to see how someone else's efforts turned out. Please share the details of your stereo upgrade for those of us who didn't go with the lux package, as we will all be doing something similar and can likely learn from your experience.

Last edited:

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your build looks great! Did you lift it at all to go up to 35s? If not, do you have any issues with rubbing at all?

Rjcory

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base

View attachment 177196

View attachment 177197

View attachment 177198

View attachment 177199

View attachment 177200

View attachment 177201
It's a beautiful build, my base 4 door is being built in November. Are your original wheels and tires for sale?

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was nice of broncorobb to create an account and show us these pictures. Hopefully he is out enjoying his bronco and will return to answer questions.
Sponsored