Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How?!?!?!

I'm my area, I've seen 1 in the wild. 1! And that was well over a month ago. Maybe even 2 at this point.
Yeah, I'm with you @PowPow! I've only seen 1 as well. Lehigh Valley really doesn't have them yet (including me!) :mad:
Sponsored

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What dealers in the Bucks County/Central NJ area have a good ol’ Sasquatch to take out for a test drive? Hoping I can find a dealer that would let me take one out for 1-2hrs. Anyone have any luck doing so?
I know a few weeks ago Ciocca Ford in Souderton had A Wildtrak. Not sure if it's still there though.

Koch 33 has 2D A51 2.7L Black Diamond. I test drove that.
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 89290

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Still quite a way to go.😘
We can get there. Is this the longest thread on the forum? Would be surprised if it wasn’t. 800 pages before I get my Granger day 2 4 door mic hardtop wildtrack? (Potentially changing trims come MY22, we’ll see)

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We can get there. Is this the longest thread on the forum? Would be surprised if it wasn’t. 800 pages before I get my Granger day 2 4 door mic hardtop wildtrack? (Potentially changing trims come MY22, we’ll see)
Where are you in line art Granger? Maybe you will get your Wildtrak before I get my Black Diamond. When I talked to Sean he gave me my number in line, it was between 350 and 400, but I've forgotten the actual number.🤪

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where are you in line art Granger? Maybe you will get your Wildtrak before I get my Black Diamond. When I talked to Sean he gave me my number in line, it was between 350 and 400, but I've forgotten the actual number.🤪
I’ve been too afraid to ask !!! Haha. 5pm ish PST on the 2nd day is when I reserved.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve been too afraid to ask !!! Haha. 5pm ish PST on the 2nd day is when I reserved.
Then you are way ahead of me!😝

I gave up my week one reservation to get the Granger October deal. So the reservation I am using is October 1.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drove out to Jersey today. 1st time putting the top 1/2 way back. 1st time driving at night.
Still have only used Normal GOAT mode.

Soft top.
Loudness is not much different from the G. The G wind noise came from the front, the Bronco is in the rear. Bronco seems better, but probably louder. Flipping back the top to the first position is super easy. It was a perfect day to have a convertible, I can see why people love them.

Break in.
I have about 260+ miles. Maybe more. I don't recall if I saw that in Flemington, or if I was closer to the city (~70 mile diff). Truck had a card in it saying it was QA'd extra and they put 21 miles on it. I guess that's why it took a week from blend date to built date.
My first drive was from Brewster to go to the bank and get a bite to eat while they took care of the DMV crap. Mostly light throttle as I was getting used to how it drove with the occasional downshifts to raise RPM and occasional 1/4-1/2 throttle to get some load on the engine. Keeping below 4k rpm.
Next drive was from Brewster to NYC. Mostly my normal easy driving with occasional 1/2 throttle pulls through a few gears and letting it 'cool down' between.
Next drive was NYC to Stewartsville. Highway driving with 3/4 throttle pulls to 80+mph. Tried to keep engine rpm below 5k.
Stewartsville to Flemington. Lots of wondering the back roads of Jersey. Mix of dropping down gears to vary cruising rpm and 3/4 throttle pulls. Somewhere in there I did a couple full throttle pulls hitting redline.
Break in is over. If the rings haven't seated by now, they never will. Hope I wasn't too easy on it.

Performance
Power and handling is great. It doesn't accelerate above 60 quite the same as my old 500hp V8TT Cayenne, but getting to 90+mph is effortless.
I could cruise at 80mph in the G, but it took a lot of concentration. Any input would send the body rolling in some direction. Emergency maneuvers were sketchy, but it felt like a tank and you could just drive through whatever was in front of you instead of steering around. :)
The Bronco on the other hand, is very flat. Not much body roll. Steering isn't as communicative, but handling is in a different league. Attacking the back roads in Jersey brought me back to my youth. 80+mph up 95 thought the turns and exits leading up the Lincoln Tunnel? No problem. Passing everyone on the winding ramp down to the tunnel? No problem.
It's a ton of fun to drive and I can't wait to see how it handles a bit more speed after I'm more familiar with it. This Bronco is tough to rein in. I can't imagine how great the Raptor version will be.

Transmission
The tuning, well, it sucks. It sucks for spirited back road driving. It is obviously tuned for economy. It will shift to top gear as fast as it can and stay there as long as possible. A judicious jab of the throttle will get it to kick down a few gears, but eh. Using the manual +/- button on the gear lever to drop gears works fine, but after a few seconds in the lower gear it immediately went back to 'auto' mode and top gear. I wish I could put the transmission in the 'sport' mode. I will try the Sand (4A) and Baja (2H) modes to see if I can get a more enthusiastic response. I always felt that Baja mode has the potential to bring out the inner race truck. I can't wait to try it!

Auto headlights / high-beams is amazing. I haven't touched the light switch or the high beam stalk. It just works.

ACC is great. Still too chicken to see if it will stop before hitting cars stopped at the red light.

Lane keep assist. I'm pretty sure default mode is warning and I've not changed whatever it is set at. I like it so far. It rumbles the steering wheel when you get close to the edge of the lane. I've not seen it follow old construction markers that now veer off into barriers, but it doesn't always pick up the lane markers and engage. I'll keep watching it for a little while longer, but I'm close to trying the active setting where it will steer you back into your lane.

I did a moderate send over some RR tracks. Enough to hit full compression on the landing. I went a little faster than I meant to. I'm a bit out of practice jumping bridges and RR crossings.

The Bronco is parked for the week. Can't wait to take it out again next Saturday!

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1632634265455

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Drove out to Jersey today. 1st time putting the top 1/2 way back. 1st time driving at night.

Soft top.
Loudness is not much different from the G. The G wind noise came from the front, the Bronco is in the rear. Bronco seems better, but probably louder. Flipping back the top to the first position is super easy. It was a perfect day to have a convertible, I can see why people love them.

Break in.
I have about 260+ miles. Maybe more. I don't recall if I saw that in Flemington, or if I was closer to the city (~70 mile diff). Truck had a card in it saying it was QA'd extra and they put 21 miles on it. I guess that's why it took a week from blend date to built date.
My first drive was from Brewster to go to the bank and get a bite to eat while they took care of the DMV crap. Mostly light throttle as I was getting used to how it drove with the occasional downshifts to raise RPM and occasional 1/4-1/2 throttle to get some load on the engine. Keeping below 4k rpm.
Next drive was from Brewster to NYC. Mostly my normal easy driving with occasional 1/2 throttle pulls through a few gears and letting it 'cool down' between.
Next drive was NYC to Stewartsville. Highway driving with 3/4 throttle pulls to 80+mph. Tried to keep engine rpm below 5k.
Stewartsville to Flemington. Lots of wondering the back roads of Jersey. Mix of dropping down gears to vary cruising rpm and 3/4 throttle pulls. Somewhere in there I did a couple full throttle pulls hitting redline.
Break in is over. If the rings haven't seated by now, they never will. Hope I wasn't too easy on it.

Performance
Power and handling is great. It doesn't accelerate above 60 quite the same as my old 500hp V8TT Cayenne, but getting to 90+mph is effortless.
I could cruise at 80mph in the G, but it took a lot of concentration. Any input would send the body rolling in some direction. Emergency maneuvers were sketchy, but it felt like a tank and you could just drive through whatever was in front of you instead of steering around. :)
The Bronco on the other hand, is very flat. Not much body roll. Steering isn't as communicative, but handling is in a different league. Attacking the back roads in Jersey brought me back to my youth. 80+mph up 95 thought the turns and exits leading up the Lincoln Tunnel? No problem. Passing everyone on the winding ramp down to the tunnel? No problem.
It's a ton of fun to drive and I can't wait to see how it handles a bit more speed after I'm more familiar with it. This Bronco is tough to rein in. I can't imagine how great the Raptor version will be.

Transmission
The tuning, well, it sucks. It sucks for spirited back road driving. It is obviously tuned for economy. It will shift to top gear as fast as it can and stay there as long as possible. A judicious jab of the throttle will get it to kick down a few gears, but eh. Using the manual +/- button on the gear lever to drop gears works fine, but after a few seconds in the lower gear it immediately went back to 'auto' mode and top gear. I wish I could put the transmission in the 'sport' mode. I will try the Sand (4A) and Baja (2H) modes to see if I can get a more enthusiastic response. I always felt that Baja mode has the potential to bring out the inner race truck. I can't wait to try it!

Auto headlights / high-beams is amazing. I haven't touched the light switch or the high beam stalk. It just works.

ACC is great. Still too chicken to see if it will stop before hitting cars stopped at the red light.

Lane keep assist. I'm pretty sure default mode is warning and I've not changed whatever it is set at. I like it so far. It rumbles the steering wheel when you get close to the edge of the lane. I've not seen it follow old construction markers that now veer off into barriers, but it doesn't always pick up the lane markers and engage. I'll keep watching it for a little while longer, but I'm close to trying the active setting where it will steer you back into your lane.

I did a moderate send over some RR tracks. Enough to hit full compression on the landing. I went a little faster than I meant to. I'm a bit out of practice jumping bridges and RR crossings.

The Bronco is parked for the week. Can't wait to take it out again next Saturday!

I have over 2k on my bronco and this thing handles great. I am honestly surprised at how well I can drive like an asshole on 35" tires 😂. I usually only do that when some asshole in a jeep decides to be dick. Funny seeing them in my rear view mirror. Only wish I could know what they are thinking since they can't handle 90+ mph in their jeep. Funny to watch them try though

Sponsored

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Soft top.

Break in.

Performance

Transmission

1632634265455.png
Baja in 2h will get you what you want. I have done it and it actually holds the rpms up and shifts much latter. You can hear the tires geipping the road with the tork!!!

Last edited:

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Also, hypothetically found out the enigine is limited to 102 mph. 😆

And, hypothetically only knew the speed becuase i looked down because it wasn't still accelerating!!!! Drove fine!!

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, hypothetically found out the enigine is limited to 102 mph. 😆

And, hypothetically only knew the speed becuase i looked down because it wasn't still accelerating!!!! Drove fine!!
Only 102mph? :(
I had a VW Fox 4sp in HS that I could get to go over 90mph down hill if I kept my foot into it for miles.
I feel like cruising at 110-120 in the Bronco would be no problem.
I believe you, but I'll need to verify. For Science, of course. :geek: ;)

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a bit confused here....
Since when did we start letting NY'ers drive through Stewartsville, then probably within spitting distance of my home, as they continue down to Flemington? :unsure:

And while I got you here, can you tell me why NY'ers with the orange plates drive so damn slow on 78? 🤬

Lastly, why didn't you stop by and say Hi?
I'm still 1/2 NJ redneck.

NY'ers only know how to drive between 0 and 40 mph.

To me, everyone drives slow and terrible.

I didn't stop by because I didn't want you to know that I know your address. People always accuse me of stalking. Getting tires of the baseless accusations. :mad:

I'm in Flemington often and that Jimmy's place in Milford had good hot dogs and hamburgers. I definitely want to try the ice cream next time. Maybe you'll catch me, ehm, I mean see me around. 😐

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Soft top.

Break in.

Performance

Transmission

What’s in flemington? I’m going to run a half marathon there in 2 weeks. Just curious to see there is something else to check out while I’m there
Sponsored