Sponsored

Anyone else thinking of ceramic coating their new Bronco?

Odie

Black Diamond
First Name
owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What do these products typically cost? Ballpark? I'm buying the Bronco based on nostalgia. To me it might be something I hand down to kids/grandkids.
Professional Ceramic coating job will run around 800 on a larger vehicle if there is any paint correction to do first.
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
it is a good idea to paint correct your vehicle 1st before you apply PPF.

PPF is expensive I would say 2k to start (without ceramic coating). The great thing about the Bronco is you really don't have to worry about the hard top unless you want to care for that also.

What do these products typically cost? Ballpark? I'm buying the Bronco based on nostalgia. To me it might be something I hand down to kids/grandkids.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't PPF have to come off and be reapplied every so often or have they figured that out...really liked it at first but it yellowed on one of my F-150's so I just use ceramic any more..

Odie

Black Diamond
First Name
owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
you can also get the PPF from the factory as an option
Some dealers offer Ceramic coating but it is outsourced to local shops.

Sponsored

Odie

Black Diamond
First Name
owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Doesn't PPF have to come off and be reapplied every so often or have they figured that out...really liked it at first but it yellowed on one of my F-150's so I just use ceramic any more..
ceramic has a life also, Mine installed has 5 years based on best circumstances if it sits in weather, sun etc...

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ceramic has a life also, Mine installed has 5 years based on best circumstances if it sits in weather, sun etc...
Yes but I like to pet mine every once in a while ;)

So the coating of ceramic is much quicker and easier for me to install vs the PPF...

OP
OP
brokentwig

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Odie

Black Diamond
First Name
owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes but I like to pet mine every once in a while ;)

So the coating of ceramic is much quicker and easier for me to install vs the PPF...
Ehh.. Im a verry picky person so before my new bronco is coated it will have to go through the paint correction process removing any swirls, scratches etc from the factory. but if one wasn't concerned with such defects then yes, a simple wash and decontamination at least then a ceramic coating could be installed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
brokentwig

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ehh.. Im a verry picky person so before my new bronco is coated it will have to go through the paint correction process removing any swirls, scratches etc from the factory. but if one wasn't concerned with such defects then yes, a simple wash and decontamination at least then a ceramic coating could be installed.
This thing just keeps getting more expensive. Bad Lands, Sasquatch, High Package, now Paint Correction, PPF, and Ceramic coating. I'm gonna be in for $70k by the time I'm done.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I do that myself...old detailing life...emerges when I look at new car paint and remember why the orange peel the finish. ;)

Odie

Black Diamond
First Name
owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes I do that myself...old detailing life...emerges when I look at new car paint and remember why the orange peel the finish. ;)
most people dont even notice the swirls in a new car paint job, but if you have detailed before its the first thing you see. it drives me crazy!!

EcobeastRyan

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 fusion se
Your Bronco Model
Base
One of the very first things I’m doing

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ceramic Coatings are awesome, they are harder than clear coat, but not hard enough to prevent scratching.

Unless your'e like me and keep your car garaged, and re coat it every year you won't get 5 years out of a ceramic coating. They are great at protecting the paint, make it a lot easier to keep the vehicle clean, will greatly reduce the amount of maintenance, but they aren't maintenance free.

Everyday I am seeing more and more consumer ceramic coatings, they are getting better and easier to apply. So even if you have never applied a ceramic coating these new consumer ceramics are a great way to apply ceramics yourself, and not worry about damaging anything

If you want to protect it against scratches Paint Protective film is the only way, they are very strong, but still not indestructible. You really don't need to PPF the whole car, the front end, headlights, are usually enough as that's where most damage and rock chips occur

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thing just keeps getting more expensive. Bad Lands, Sasquatch, High Package, now Paint Correction, PPF, and Ceramic coating. I'm gonna be in for $70k by the time I'm done.
Don't forget about under coating and rust prevention! You have to do that too now that I've said it :)
Sponsored