First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I totally respect the blue oval. If I didn't, I would just remove the badge. However, I grew up with black and white TV, and seeing the blue oval in black and white with Ford's original gorgeous script actually looks super classy and a bit nostalgic to me. 😁😁

But fear not, on my budget I will never be able to customize anything except maybe a bobble head to fill in the empty space where us poor people don't have the full amount of hero switches. 🤣
Ok. Also am I the only one that thinks empty hero switches should be auxillary?
Sponsored

OP
OP

BroncoRobb

Badlands
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LED corner lights?
Did you need to remove the grille?
What lights did you use?
I added the lights in front of the side mirrors, they are Rough Country, not sure what these are called but they work with the pre-wired aux switches above the rear view mirror. The LED bar works as well on the six switch panel as a different button.

OP
OP

BroncoRobb

Badlands
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok. Also am I the only one that thinks empty hero switches should be auxillary?
Well if the blue oval was removed you would have an empty spot where the badge was. I had mine painted the same metallic charcoal grey as the front grill and hard top and with the white it has a really nice retro feel to me. It’s not that I don’t respect the original blue oval but it’s the only item on the car that has chrome on it so to me it looked kind of out of place. Now with the Bronco emblem on the other side it al really matches and now there’s no blue, chrome on one side and then silver on the Bronco emblem it all goes with the rest of the car and the wheels. It’s all really subjective. My body shop guy threw it in when he painted the Sasquatch flares and door handles. I’m sure a lot of people like the original peppled black handles and flares but I had 2 rubicons where the flares and door handles came body color and I really like that look.

Dubsilk

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M240 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I added the lights in front of the side mirrors, they are Rough Country, not sure what these are called but they work with the pre-wired aux switches above the rear view mirror. The LED bar works as well on the six switch panel as a different button.
@BroncoRobb - you are about 50 questions behind. The streets and the internets have been eagerly awaiting your return.

Sponsored

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah, not the actual “corner lights” as in the ambers. You mean the mirror pod lights, now I’m following!

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Badlands : 35’s, Black Rhino Gunmetal wheels, Toyo A/T tires, LED corner lights and lightbar, painted fenders 8D3422FA-8F15-497D-A68E-67BD4175DE42

OP
OP

BroncoRobb

Badlands
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The blue oval emblem is definitely my least favorite part of the Bronco. I absolutely love how yours looks!

Did the dealer do it? A paint shop? DIY?
I had the a body shop paint them when they painted my flares and door handles.

OP
OP

BroncoRobb

Badlands
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks fantastic, congrats!! How did they paint the handles and flares and what are your thoughts as to how it came out and anticipated durability?
The sanded them smooth, primed, then painted them with Cactus Grey and clear coated them. Same durability as if they came that way from factory.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BroncoRobb

Badlands
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I second this question because I want to get mine painted too! I'm in SoCal as well, how much did they charge you for painting?
I got it done at G’s Restoration & Collision in Chatsworth, the owners name is George, they do amazing work. It was $1500 to paint and install the Sasquatch flares, all 5 door handles and both Ford no Bronco emblems on the back.

OP
OP

BroncoRobb

Badlands
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great build!!! I really like my Rubicon as well. So you really like the Bronco that much better?
They are both amazing cars but the Jeep phone/sound system had issues and no one could ever hear me on the phone which was an issue. The Bronco handles better and has more pickup, power and way more comfortable seats. I like the retro look of the Bronco as well and obviously it stands out on the road as it’s so new. All and all I couldn’t be happier with the Bronco.

OP
OP

BroncoRobb

Badlands
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What made you choose the R/T over the M/T?

So the Toyo's. I've ran them for years, crawling in the EB bronco, and on my daily f250/150. What made you choose the R/T's I've ran both M/T and R/T for both on road and crawling and high speed desert running.. and honestly the R/T didn't perform nearly as well as the M/T, Less grip off road, less grip on road, sounds is about the same as the M/T. I personally wont run the R/T ever again. About the same mileage though. Best set I got was on the f250, think I got about 68k on one set of M/T's
The shop that customizes trucks suggest that it would ride better and be a bit quieter and since it’s my everyday driver I went with those instead of MT.