Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Must be "special" plastic.
i think a guy could get these on amazon for a lot cheaper may need to buy a kit with a bunch of different ones but you will porbably need them eventually anyway I always hated these clips drive me crazy I always break them when I try to get them out haha
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i think a guy could get these on amazon for a lot cheaper may need to buy a kit with a bunch of different ones but you will porbably need them eventually anyway I always hated these clips drive me crazy I always break them when I try to get them out haha
My BL has the mat which means I should probably pull one and look. Some are Christmas tree style, some have that stupid expander you push in after the thing is on. You will poo yourself if you ever pull rear inner trim panels off. There's no reason why they used so many different types.

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess I'm missing something here, I just looked over my build (lux obx 2dr) and the B&P on Ford's site, and I'm not seeing a kit for under the hood sound deadening? I see the roof deadening kit option. Can someone shed some light on this for me? thanks.

International_George

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 International Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess I'm missing something here, I just looked over my build (lux obx 2dr) and the B&P on Ford's site, and I'm not seeing a kit for under the hood sound deadening? I see the roof deadening kit option. Can someone shed some light on this for me? thanks.
It's included in lux package.

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's included in lux package.
Have you seen it listed somewhere? I'm looking at Ford's PDF listing models and trim levels and don't see it. (not that I don't believe you) wondering why I haven't heard about this, that's all. thanks.

Sponsored

International_George

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Edit: I installed the sound deadening and it took 13 plugs as reported by @flip. It was a super easy upgrade. Seems to make a bit of difference in the amount of engine noise, but not night and day. I will know more once I hit 1000 miles and get to step on the gas. The sound deadening is more of a rigid fiber board construction than the wooly stuff I’ve seen on my older vehicles. The plugs are just as pictured a few comments back. I paid $3 each, but I’m sure they can be found cheaper.

Last edited:

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I installed the sound deadening and it fact only took 12 plugs. It was a super easy upgrade. Seems to make a bit of difference in the amount of engine noise, but not night and day. I will know more once I hit 1000 miles and get to step on the gas.
Did you take any photos of the pad or retainer plugs? Curious what the plugs look like.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Edit: I installed the sound deadening and it took 13 plugs as reported by @flip. It was a super easy upgrade. Seems to make a bit of difference in the amount of engine noise, but not night and day. I will know more once I hit 1000 miles and get to step on the gas. The sound deadening is more of a rigid fiber board construction than the wooly stuff I’ve seen on my older vehicles. The plugs are just as pictured a few comments back. I paid $3 each, but I’m sure they can be found cheaper.
For the sound you may need the firewall deadening.

bniknar

Big Bend
First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An old EcoDriver
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Quick question. How tight was the sound deadening material against the hood once completely installed? I ask because I'm thinking of adding some Dynamat to the hood liner before installing, to further reduce the engine noise. The Dynamat is 3/4" thick.

My Bronco delivery is scheduled for May 2022 so am preparing....

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey, thought I'd step in an offer some pics of the hood and firewall sound deadening material.

20220219_195142.jpg

20220219_195157.jpg

International_George

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Quick question. How tight was the sound deadening material against the hood once completely installed? I ask because I'm thinking of adding some Dynamat to the hood liner before installing, to further reduce the engine noise. The Dynamat is 3/4" thick.

My Bronco delivery is scheduled for May 2022 so am preparing....
It was pretty tight, but you could put dynamat in the hex recesses. The engine noise from the hood is pretty minimal, probably more coming through the firewall. The 2.7 is surprisingly quiet with no added sound deadening.

newclubfront

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you happen to get a picture of the push pins? I went to my ford dealership today and bought the hood liner (part # M2DDZ*16738*A) for $105 but it's on back order. He quoted me $6 * 13 push pins which was a whopping $78. I passed on those thinking I could find push pins for cheaper. He did tell me they were "6.35mm x 16.7mm" though I'm not sure which dimensions those are. Do you think regular push pins would work?
Sponsored