Sponsored

2.7L MagnaFlow Exhaust ordered. Here's a sound clip of factory exhaust without muffler

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your comment shows a lack of knowledge about the topic.
Haha. I think he was just stating something based on preference. I don't think I have ever heard a V6 thats sounds good with an aftermarket exhaust. Some may think its sounds good, which is fine.

Same goes for V10s.

The only car that has any business with an aftermarket exhaust is a 93 5.0 mustang.

Not a lack of knowledge but simply an opinion based on experiences. As for law? No way. You can't legislate people out of bad taste. They have the right to it.
Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good sound, no drone is challenging to achieve- especially on non V8 engines. I had a 2016 Camaro with the 3.6L V6 and thought that I could easily get nice sound out of it. Wrong. The stock exhaust was bad- it did not have the optional (NPP) exhaust and was so quiet you could barely hear it. I started with a MBRB axle back- I got it due to price- it has about half of the Borla system. The drone at certain RPM was just horrible. And at the upper RPM's it was very raspy. So I pulled it, tried a custom set up done by a local muffler shop- dual Flowmaster mini's. Sounded still bad- the drone was still awful. I should have gone with the Borla system- it was bar far the most costly out of all the systems but you pay for good engineering.

The lesson learned is go with factory sporty exhaust if it is available- it's worth it- or do your research. Borla makes really good systems although they are expensive.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sooo....mechanical folk: does it run ok without a muffler?

OP
OP
CJK Badland

CJK Badland

Badlands
First Name
charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Porsche 911 GTS, 2018 Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it sounds good without one, Hows the drone?
I took it off for a brief second, cant really drive it without a muffler, although I guess you can straight pipe it....

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sooo....mechanical folk: does it run ok without a muffler?
Im not super familiar with the 2.7 setup but it should run ok with just the muffler missing. Most of the back pressure is after the downpipe and before the cats same with the O2 sensors. That can he removed is just to muffle the sound.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I took it off for a brief second, cant really drive it without a muffler, although I guess you can straight pipe it....
Too noisy? Or some other reason?

OP
OP
CJK Badland

CJK Badland

Badlands
First Name
charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Porsche 911 GTS, 2018 Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats cool but I’m obviously getting to be a grumpy old man. One of the things I really like about my 2.3 MT BL soft top with the KO2’s is how quite it is.
After having a BMW E60 V10 M5 and currently a 911 GTS with aftermarket exhaust/muffler deletion, to me it's still really quite....

IMG_3578 (1).JPEG

IMG_3542.JPG

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Haha. I think he was just stating something based on preference. I don't think I have ever heard a V6 thats sounds good with an aftermarket exhaust. Some may think its sounds good, which is fine.

Same goes for V10s.

The only car that has any business with an aftermarket exhaust is a 93 5.0 mustang.

Not a lack of knowledge but simply an opinion based on experiences. As for law? No way. You can't legislate people out of bad taste. They have the right to it.
The not enough cylinders to sound good debate is an old one. And it shows that people don’t understand how an exhaust system produces sound. A well built, properly flowing exhaust can sound great regardless if it’s a 3,4,6,8,10cyl.

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im not super familiar with the 2.7 setup but it should run ok with just the muffler missing. Most of the back pressure is after the downpipe and before the cats same with the O2 sensors. That can he removed is just to muffle the sound.
Turbo motor, so really no exhaust is needed. You could run a downpipe straight from the turbo and be fine, probably run better. The less restriction the better when you are talking about turbos.

As far as back pressure being required in any engine? Why? Maybe for emissions? Not for performance...get the hot gasses out and away as quick as possible.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Turbo motor, so really no exhaust is needed. You could run a downpipe straight from the turbo and be fine, probably run better. The less restriction the better when you are talking about turbos.

As far as back pressure being required in any engine? Why? Maybe for emissions? Not for performance...get the hot gasses out and away as quick as possible.
That ain't how they do it in racin', son. Finding the sweet spot on the pipe is a science and an art.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is the correct answer.

Not going to hurt a thing with the muffler removed.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whoa! Wait! $1000? Uh, no. Thx.