Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Didn't know we had celebrities on here.😁

Great and thorough install video. I'm getting a soft top for the first time and I'm torn if I want one of these. The part of me that wants a sense of security for valuables does. The part of me that doesn't want to lose the cargo space with the seats folded down is the struggle.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great and thorough install video. I'm getting a soft top for the first time and I'm torn if I want one of these. The part of me that wants a sense of security for valuables does. The part of me that doesn't want to lose the cargo space with the seats folded down is the struggle.
same for me, plus I want my dog to ride in the back and stay off the seats for a change.
I'll go with something like the security drawer, I won't ever have a trunk full of valuable things parked out of sight. But I will have a drone and camera gear at times, more than I can carry on a hike.

Just waiting to see if other aftermarket options show up, not so sure about the drawer Ford offers, but I also haven't seen it in person.

As for the video, great install instructions, but now I'm a bit concerned with those latches that keep the top on. Can't someone just use a long stick (maybe with a loop of wire on the front) from the seat area to unlatch those through the holes in the wall there? Might be worth trying, just to be on the safe side.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree about the trade off. So far my thought (since we have the truck) is that we could use the security everyday and might need the extra space a few times per year. In those cases we could take the seat back panel out by removing 4 bolts while leaving the top and walls in place. Or take two more bolts out and remove the lid also. This is my initial thoughts but I would never want to to that on a weekly basis.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree about the trade off. So far my thought (since we have the truck) is that we could use the security everyday and might need the extra space a few times per year. In those cases we could take the seat back panel out by removing 4 bolts while leaving the top and walls in place. Or take two more bolts out and remove the lid also. This is my initial thoughts but I would never want to to that on a weekly basis.

Yeah I can't see needing to do it on a regular basis. But would suck if you need the space in a pinch. Maybe I'll wait and see if a shorter option comes out. Would be nice if there was one that leveled out the cargo area and had a sliding drawer.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for posting this! Nice to se detailed videos!

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great video. Especially the caution about keeping the access panels off during installation so as to hve access to full soft top removal once the enclosure is installed.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BroncoTPA Ok gotta ask because you mentioned it, if you were to take just the lid off, would the 4 doors fit back there, with the remaining panels of the enclosure?

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BroncoTPA Ok gotta ask because you mentioned it, if you were to take just the lid off, would the 4 doors fit back there, with the remaining panels of the enclosure?
Just measured and the front doors are around 43 inches, it seems they would take the entire width of the trunk space without the enclosure. The enclosure shrinks the width to 41 inches.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

kinda how I feel but I keep going back and forth between this and the security drawer still. My wife has an Explorer which has way more capacity if I really need to move something

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the top panel mount to the sides or the front? If it mounts to the sides, do you think it would be sturdy enough with the front left out so it could remain a pass through?

I don't really need the complete security it offers, but I don't like the straps on the Ford vinyl tonneau cover going down the tailgate.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the top panel mount to the sides or the front? If it mounts to the sides, do you think it would be sturdy enough with the front left out so it could remain a pass through?

I don't really need the complete security it offers, but I don't like the straps on the Ford vinyl tonneau cover going down the tailgate.

The top mounts with only two bolts at the pivot point and the struts which are all mounted to the side panels.

The top will need to be mounted to both sides to stay in place.

The seat back panel is all one piece.

If you wanted a pass through I think the best option would be to cut a section out of the seat back panel. It should be possible to then use a pad lock to secure the opening you made to the seatback panel to keep a sense of security.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great video. Especially the caution about keeping the access panels off during installation so as to hve access to full soft top removal once the enclosure is installed.
That was a valuable piece of info right there. Something a lot of us might not have thought about until after the fact.
Sponsored