Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered without test driving, but I jumped at the chance to drive the mannequins at my local dealer. I've only bought one new vehicle without test driving first and that was my FJCruiser. If I have to live with a vehicle as a daily driver, I want to know there is nothing that will annoy me. I'm usually a good judge and have had only one test drive that led me to changing my purchase.

I've bought several used vehicles (off road trucks) without test driving. But I knew roughly what they were going to be like and was good with anything that came my way.
Sponsored

sic5pointslow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250, 3 Mustangs, 2018 Audi, annnnd a Buick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ive never needed to test drive a vehicle that was new.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wasn't even willing to commit to a reservation until I had a chance to test drive. I didn't get a chance to test drive a 2.7, which is what I want. But i had a 2.7 in my past F-150 so it shouldn't be much different. I already know having just placed an order last week that I have a long wait ahead. But at least it will hopefully give them a chance to sort out some of the QC issues.

Ricks73eb

First Edition
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 bronco, 77f100, 90 mustang, 05 f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not only have I not test driven one, I haven't even seen a 2dr in person. I've at least seen two 4 doors sitting in a parking lot.
Not the least bit worried, as the Bronco is just the essential building block towards what I will make it to fit me.
My thoughts exactly!

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 911 and 2014 Boxster S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can't recall the last time I ever test drove a car. I just bought a $200k car without even seeing one in person. My first drive of the Bronco will be when I drive it off the lot.

Sponsored

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Test drove OB 2.3L Squatch mannequin but not before ordering. Made me feel good about decision. I guess in all the excitement the day I reserved, I never really thought about the investment I was making sight unseen. Crazy what that can do to a person but I'm glad I got the chance to validate the excitement.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't been able to drive a Bronco yet, but I do plan on a Test Drive of mine when it arrives next summer. Even if I HATE IT I'll still buy it just to re-sell and make some money back for the terrible wait. I doubt that will happen though. I did test drive a used Chevy Envoy and was happy I did because that things' driver seat was jacked up which made it easy to walk away from.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was a very late reservation so I had the benefit of reading some personal experience before I ordered. For me the biggest component was how the manual trans would feel. After reading it was receiving overwhelming positive reviews (with a few detractors), I placed my res.

Since i've placed the res, I have driven an auto 2.3 badlands 4dr lux leather nonsquatch. If the 2.3 has enough for me to feel okay with the power level in a 4dr with all the options, I'm sure it will be adequate in my base 2dr. As for never having driven the squatch, once again i'm relying on anecdotal concensus that squatch feels better on road than non.

I guess more importantly, I'm very familiar with how Wranglers, Tacomas, 4Runners, Rangers, and F150s feel on the road, so I felt like I knew what I was getting into even if i never got to drive it myself. From personal experience it's pretty trucky, but much more comfortable than a wrangler. Which was pretty much exactly what I was expecting.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drove my build at the off-rodeo in LV so have only driven on dirt. Met or exceeded my expectations so anything from here is all gravy.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I assume everyone actually tests drives their Bronco before buying it, but almost no one has been able to test drive prior to ordering/reserving. It is a concern but I think most people are so invested in wanting the Bronco outside of some huge issue nothing found in a test drive would prevent them from purchasing. I was able to sit in one earlier this year when they did the tour, that was really helpful with considering trim plans.

Sponsored

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've only seen one in person once for about 15 minutes. It was a 2-door big bend sasquatch. I was able to sit in it, but didn't have time to take it for a drive. I won't be seeing my Bronco until next summer most likely so I am in no hurry. Maybe this winter when the snow flies I'll see if I can arrange it.

Pat

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2019 Triumph Speed Triple
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ordered mine early. Had the chance to drive my dealer’s mannequin. Since I’m number one in line at my dealer I could have opted out, but I sure won’t.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HI
reservation jully 2020
order january 2021
YESTERDAY
driving 12 miles on big ben 2.3 , good but not impress at all with 2.3l motor and configuration off BIG BEN sorry not for me. i prefer my built tRACKTOY
Ford Bronco Buying without test driving RIMG4911.JPG

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had an order up before ever even sitting in one. Heck, we had to drive over 5 hours to Supercell East just to see it, then another 5 hours this year just to sit in one and finally got to drive one about 2 months ago after checking several local dealers.

After all this I feel we made the right decision on our order with getting Sasquatch, V6 and an mgv equipped trim.

Matthew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 77 Bronco, 04 F150, 15 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did not have a chance to test drive before ordering one, on top of that the first time I drove mine was as I was driving off the lot with it after doing the paperwork. I did the same with the very first new car I ever got, a 1998 Mustang GT.
Sponsored