First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bummed! Went to install mine and it seems they sent the incorrect blind nuts. These are way taller than in their video and pics in this thread.
Ford Bronco Hood Struts Kit For 2021 Bronco (Available August 1st from Redline Tuning) 85A55A93-3C50-4790-B26D-5362B9395A1B

Bubba007

Wildtrak
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 platinum supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ugh, I am going to have a bunch of parts sitting in my garage waiting on my Bronco...
Right. How do you hide side steps from you wife? Little stuff no problem.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would contact them directly as their customer service is top notch! I once had an issue with my Hood Lift system for my Mustang (that was my fault) and they took care of it immediately. (y)
I sent an email immediately. Just figured I would share here in case someone else finds themself in the same position. At least it was step 1. Haha.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100% closed. Every time. Not sure what you mean, but I've got these and the hood closes easily.
I was wondering since the hood (without struts) seems to need to close from a bit of height so I was wondering if it had enough momentum to close and latch with the struts. I figured it would be fine but was just curious.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I'm going with the Redline hood struts. I looked at MRT and while they look like they might be thicker, even at full open they look too parallel to the hood. Just seems like a weak angle.

Sponsored

Bajachuck

Wildtrak
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f-350, 1970 EB, 66 EB, plus 4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was wondering since the hood (without struts) seems to need to close from a bit of height so I was wondering if it had enough momentum to close and latch with the struts. I figured it would be fine but was just curious.
The simple answer is because of the angle of the dangle the struts resistance is less, the closer to the down position the hood gets. When I designed the hood shocks for the early bronco I designed them to push down on the hood for the last couple of inches because of the above concerns.
I think I'm going with the Redline hood struts. I looked at MRT and while they look like they might be thicker, even at full open they look too parallel to the hood. Just seems like a weak angle.
once the hood is fully open it does not take much to hold it open but as you are pulling it down it will get harder through the center and get easier as it gets close to the end . Or that is the way it should work.

Tangent27

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Passat 2013 Road King 1987 BMW e30
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just installed these yesterday. Nice product.

a few notes: If for some reason the blind nut slips off in the hood there is a little shelf it should catch on and can be retrieved with a finger or small piece of coat hanger wire. Also if your fumbling fingers drop the bolt on the drivers side the easiest way to retrieve that is by loosening the fender liner and locating it that way.

Don't ask me how i know.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good question, because I need to drop my hood from like a foot up for it to latch

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model