Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone ordered the Ford molded mud flaps and found that the rears are way off? Thanks.
Sponsored

B-Rad

First Edition
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco 1978 Bronco 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Are you trying to put them on a Sasquatch? They only work on non Sasquatch.

OP
OP
Tonka Bronka

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you trying to put them on a Sasquatch? They only work on non Sasquatch.
No, standard Badlands. They attach to the bumper end, aren’t all the rear Bronco bumpers the same? I know you have to modify the fronts to work with the rock rails but the rears should be a piece of cake.

B-Rad

First Edition
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No, standard Badlands. They attach to the bumper end, aren’t all the rear Bronco bumpers the same? I know you have to modify the fronts to work with the rock rails but the rears should be a piece of cake.
There are plastic rear bumpers on other models so they must not work with the steel rear bumpers🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Tonka Bronka

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are plastic rear bumpers on other models so they must not work with the steel rear bumpers🤷‍♂️
Ford shows them on the steel bumper, actually a combination of plastic and steel.

Sponsored

B-Rad

First Edition
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford shows them on the steel bumper, actually a combination of plastic and steel.
I have been searching high and low for mudflap options for a Sasquatch bronco and the only thing I can find are the $900 a set of four of the gatorbacks I am really hoping somebody comes out with an option soon as I have seen so many Broncos with chipped paint from gravel roads. I would totally go for the inexpensive molded ones if they worked with the Sasquatch but it looks like they don’t even work on a rig with factory steel bumpers and non Sasquatch 💩

OP
OP
Tonka Bronka

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been searching high and low for mudflap options for a Sasquatch bronco and the only thing I can find are the $900 a set of four of the gatorbacks I am really hoping somebody comes out with an option soon as I have seen so many Broncos with chipped paint from gravel roads. I would totally go for the inexpensive molded ones if they worked with the Sasquatch but it looks like they don’t even work on a rig with factory steel bumpers and non Sasquatch 💩
It’s looking that way. I’m going to reach out to the parts department that I ordered them from to see if they can find out what the deal is.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I bought the really $700 Gatorbacks, while I don't think they are worth $700, they are really nice.... Being that options are limited/non existent, I spent the money now to avoid paint damage. They do have the two piece design for off roading which is nice. They are far more substantial than anything less than a semi mud flap.

OP
OP
Tonka Bronka

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have my parts man looking into the problem with the rears. I can make the fronts work with the rock rails. Those are the ones that will protect the truck.

B-Rad

First Edition
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I bought the really $700 Gatorbacks, while I don't think they are worth $700, they are really nice.... Being that options are limited/non existent, I spent the money now to avoid paint damage. They do have the two piece design for off roading which is nice. They are far more substantial than anything less than a semi mud flap.
I think I’m going to have to bite the bullet and get the gatorbacks. I thought they were $450 per set so $900 for the truck? Where did you find them for $700?

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think I’m going to have to bite the bullet and get the gatorbacks. I thought they were $450 per set so $900 for the truck? Where did you find them for $700?
Fairway Ford online, Shipping was $45 or so on top of that. My total bill was $750 :(

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mudflaps.....So I think we got the molded fit issue figured out. The catalogue says will not work with rock rails which makes complete sense for the front. It should've also said will not work with steel rear bumper. The end caps on the BL is different from the standard MIC rear. I don't have a different one to verify this completely but the bumpers or the caps are the issue and no, they aren't interchangeable.

OP
OP
Tonka Bronka

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mudflaps.....So I think we got the molded fit issue figured out. The catalogue says will not work with rock rails which makes complete sense for the front. It should've also said will not work with steel rear bumper. The end caps on the BL is different from the standard MIC rear. I don't have a different one to verify this completely but the bumpers or the caps are the issue and no, they aren't interchangeable.
Thanks for looking into this today Phil.

zznalg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JGC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We bought these inexpensive Ford mudflats and took them to the dealership yesterday for installation. On a Black Diamond. They completely didn't fit. Returned them and now are looking for options.
Sponsored