First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope I can help bring some clarity and simplicity to a common question.

It bugs me when I see the same old "what does Sasquatch get me that Badlands doesn't already have" question followed by lazy, partial, or just plain wrong answers. Here is the answer as simple as I can make it.

Ford Bronco Badlands vs. BadSquatch (Badlands + Sasquatch) Comparison Chart Badlands vs. BadSquatch

Sources (please inform me if I have made an error and I will fix):
  1. Ford Model Comparison .pdf
  2. Ford Preliminary Specifications .pdf

Hopefully this helps facilitate a very specific discussion for those of us that are reserving the Badlands model with the knowledge that we will have to choose between manual and Sasquatch (I hope this changes and becomes a non-issue!).

My take on the subject overall is that Badlands gets you one hell of an off road deal without spending another dime. It is actually SO GOOD that I am seriously getting comfortable with the idea that I really don't need to add Sasquatch onto my Badlands - if I decide the manual is my preferred transmission. If the automatic is my preferred transmission - then no brainer, BadSquatch it is. I would be fine rollin' on 33s til they wear out and evaluate going to 35's at that time.

Remaining questions that I have not seen a good answer for:
  • What is the difference between "Unique Badlands Suspension" and Sasquatch "High Clearance Suspension"?

I'm not sure what's going on with the moderators lately but a similar thread just got combined with another thread that was already 24+ pages long, which makes it hard to focus on a simple topic like this. It'd be great if we can just keep this one short and sweet without contaminating it with a bunch of repeat questions. So please don't delete this / move it if at all possible - and if you have questions or comments, make them educated ones!

Oh by the way, here's my "real" off road rig so I'm not just blowin' smoke:
Ford Bronco Badlands vs. BadSquatch (Badlands + Sasquatch) Comparison Chart IMG_0054.JPG
Ford Bronco Badlands vs. BadSquatch (Badlands + Sasquatch) Comparison Chart IMG_3605.JPG
Ford Bronco Badlands vs. BadSquatch (Badlands + Sasquatch) Comparison Chart IMG_2171.JPG
Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as the "unique" Badlands vs Sasquatch suspension goes I have to believe it's the availability of the sway bar disconnects in the Badlands that's the determining factor there. Across all the other trims it's base or Sasquatch. The First Edition pretty clearly is based on a Squatched Badlands with some elements of the Wildtrack elsewhere. Having any other hard parts (control arms, etc.) between the base and Squatch used elsewhere to swap out for just the Badlands would kind of odd from a manufacturing perspective. Across all the trims it's pretty clear that the trim above builds on the trim below. There's only a handful of really unique things at each level. The sway bar disconnects being one of those rare things. The slight difference in height between a non-Squatched Badlands and say a Wildtrack or FE is almost entirely explained by the difference in tire height (35 inch tires would cause a roughly 1" difference in height, all other things being equal, than 33's).

That being said, I can't see the Sasquatch being that expensive of a package for the Badlands as it's basically just wheels (tho if they're really forged as I've seen deserve some serious consideration over aftermarket options) tires and flares if you're already planning on stepping up to the 2.7L and auto.

OP
OP
vrewald14

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That being said, I can't see the Sasquatch being that expensive of a package for the Badlands as it's basically just wheels (tho if they're really forged as I've seen deserve some serious consideration over aftermarket options) tires and flares if you're already planning on stepping up to the 2.7L and auto.
I think you're assessment is right on. For me, it comes down to the 1) final add-on price of the Squatch package and 2) how much my wife feels comfortable driving a manual offroad (she already is an awesome manual driver)

Badlands MSRP = $44,590
Wildtrack MSRP = $48,875

If I assume that Squatch for Badlands <= 1/2 difference from Wildtrack to Badlands that is still $2,142 (don't forget that 10sp tranny cost!!!). I can probably get more accessories, with more overall value to my driving experience for that cash than what Sasquatch can provide.

For example, wife wants hard top - mandatory. There's probably $1,000. Then maybe things like sound deadener, "Mid" package, etc.

A WHOLE lot of fun can be had on 33s with lockers... For a 40k+ vehicle that most people will not use the equipment to their fullest extent, a standard Badlands with 7sp manual makes a lot of sense.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the first edition reserved. Since they doubled allocations I’m probably gonna drop down to the badlands. I plan on the 2in lift and 37s with methods the first week I have it so Im thinking of avoiding the squatch package

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it really high clearance suspension? High clearance when compared to the base, however it’s the same coilovers/spring heights when compared to the stock badlands.

Sponsored
OP
OP
vrewald14

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it really high clearance suspension? High clearance when compared to the base, however it’s the same coilovers/spring heights when compared to the stock badlands.
I do not have the knowledge to answer that question with certainty but I would not make your assumption.

My assumption would be that a "High Clearance Suspension" is required to adequately clear 35" tires, and therefore, it would be DIFFERENT hardware from the stock Badlands.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good question. I had thought high clearance meant "small lift" to clear the 35s....and "Special suspension" was the disconnecting sway bars.

So, are we certain the Badlands has the entire Squatch suspension????

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not have the knowledge to answer that question with certainty but I would not make your assumption.

My assumption would be that a "High Clearance Suspension" is required to adequately clear 35" tires, and therefore, it would be DIFFERENT hardware from the stock Badlands.
If the oem badlands had suspension to clear the 35's but were given the 33 to separate it from the sasquatch pack. After all the 33's match the oem Rubicon tires.
Ford has said nothing the dissuade the notion the Badlands suspension is any different from the sasquatch. In fact it has done the very opposite: Same coilovers, same lockers and differentials.

They are going to want to save money any place possible, using the same suspension on the sasquatch/wildtrak/FE/badlands makes sense and makes the cpa's happy. change out the cheap flares and your done.

If I am wrong, the only difference would be a 1/2inch spacer.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good question. I had thought high clearance meant "small lift" to clear the 35s....and "Special suspension" was the disconnecting sway bars.

So, are we certain the Badlands has the entire Squatch suspension????
Mike Levin said it was the same coilovers. We also know its the same lockers and differentials. Why would Ford build there supposed Rubicon competitor to be less than the wild tracks?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If the badlands with 33s has everything I need (4.7 and the lift), then I will get my own wheels and tires.

If the bronco bealocks with 35s are similar to the BL on the Raptor then they are heavy as poo ... 103 pounds.

A good set of aftermarket forge wheels and some light 35s and you can shave off 14 pounds per corner easily.

Does the badlands comes with a hard top?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Slumpbuster

Badlands
First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco, 1995 Bronco.. 2005 Jeep LJ Rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By my understanding

the 2 door comes standard with a hardtop
The 4 door has a standard softtop

august??? We will have the online build site and we will know a lot more including prices.

Phil_Is_My_Middle_Name

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20MY F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I asked our head of Marketing about the 2.3L/ Manual and the larger tires he replied....

"Phil,
You cannot get 35’s with a manual - period.
My comment was that you can get a Badlands with 33” tires.
Badlands has stabilizer bar disconnect that is not available on any other series. And also comes standard with front and rear locking differentials.
The closest you will get to a manual with 35’s is a Badlands, good news is you can get Badlands in base equipment group with vinyl seats and wash out floor."

So I am thinking the ride height is simply the difference of the tire as mentioned above. What I do know is the Badlands is where it is at!

FastM400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator L, Wrangler JKU, Noble M400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Does the configurator site have enough bandwidth for August?:LOL:

Like others have said, I guess I'm going 37's with Methods; Bronze Roost, if I have to go Squatching, I guess brand new wheels and tires will be in the For Sale section...I bet @Administrator already has that part of the sight ready to go when pertinent.

Phil_Is_My_Middle_Name

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20MY F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the configurator site have enough bandwidth for August?:LOL:

Like others have said, I guess I'm going 37's with Methods; Bronze Roost, if I have to go Squatching, I guess brand new wheels and tires will be in the For Sale section...I bet @Administrator already has that part of the sight ready to go when pertinent.
Why not 40's?

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I asked our head of Marketing about the 2.3L/ Manual and the larger tires he replied....

"Phil,
You cannot get 35’s with a manual - period.
My comment was that you can get a Badlands with 33” tires.
Badlands has stabilizer bar disconnect that is not available on any other series. And also comes standard with front and rear locking differentials.
The closest you will get to a manual with 35’s is a Badlands, good news is you can get Badlands in base equipment group with vinyl seats and wash out floor."

So I am thinking the ride height is simply the difference of the tire as mentioned above. What I do know is the Badlands is where it is at!
But they do realize people will add 35's and even 37's to the 2.3 manual setup, right? People also expect the engine tune for the 2.3 to be available in 2021 (or it better be available).
Sponsored