First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F250 Platiinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, but maybe someone who is considering modifying a new warranted vehicle may like to know the answer to my question given that Ford would red flag that VIN.
I've been lifting new fords for years and can say no dealer has ever given me a hard time on warranty's. Most of the dealers lift there stuff now days as well and all use the same after market stuff from BDS to Fabtech...you name it. I've gone as tall as 6" on a 4 link fabtech suspension with 37's on 22's on a ford f250 super duty and no issues. I am about to put the MaxliderBros (BDS) lift on my 2021 Bronco and have no concerns.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been lifting new fords for years and can say no dealer has ever given me a hard time on warranty's. Most of the dealers lift there stuff now days as well and all use the same after market stuff from BDS to Fabtech...you name it. I've gone as tall as 6" on a 4 link fabtech suspension with 37's on 22's on a ford f250 super duty and no issues. I am about to put the MaxliderBros (BDS) lift on my 2021 Bronco and have no concerns.
So you have had mechanical issues due to the lift and Ford has paid to repair them?

tuletime

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My friend bought a New F-150 already lifted with a 4 inch lift... bought an extended warranty for over two grand and then inquired about a 6 inch lift and his dealer said if 4 Wheel Parts installs 6 inch lift the warranty is still good! 4 months later and 52000 miles, the spider gears in rear end shattered and FORD did not honor the warranty because they told him the Warranty was void in the FIRST lift! He paid 1200 dollars to have it repaired. The Ford dealership’s cost to repairs was almost 3000 dollars. However they did offer to refund his cost of extended warranty.
I am leery of buying the extended warranty now.

Seralan

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 2500HD, Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On your original question about the CV being maxed-out….

No it is not maxed-out between full compression and full droop. Actually, the droop amount is the same as the 2” kit that Zone sells.

With that said, this is a $1,299 (including shipping) kit and it has NOT been battle-tested in extreme conditions over an extended period of time to determine the limitations of the product. That should happen more in the future.
+5 points for the honest answer!

Sponsored

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On one hand, this is the limitation of an IFS. You can only lift it so much.

On the other hand, Ford is making a Raptor Bronco with 37s. So it will be possible. Just need to see what they did. Most likely a whole new set of longer arms, maybe a droop limiter.
My money is on Diff drop.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This stage1 kit is for early adopters (or budget-minded). It modifies the sasquatch coilovers to approximate the fox/king coilover travel and bump stop specs for 37" application. When the 37-capable coilovers are available, the modified sasquatch coilover can be removed and replaced if desired.
The instructions are good. Here is some interesting info:

Sasquatch bump stop modification (poly spacer added on coilover shaft).
Ford Bronco 4” MaxliderBros Stage-1 Lift Kit AVAILABLE! 1632350132797

This information is relevant for adding 37" tires on any stock-width coilover lift. This isn't new information, but it is described well. The fix for the front is to trim the corner brace with an angle grinder. For the possible rear rub it may need a slight arm length increase?
Ford Bronco 4” MaxliderBros Stage-1 Lift Kit AVAILABLE! 1632349911703

Other tire/wheel size summary.
Ford Bronco 4” MaxliderBros Stage-1 Lift Kit AVAILABLE! 1632351604460

I'll post wheel travel info after I receive the kit.

Last edited:

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll post wheel travel info after I receive the kit.
The Maxlider kit came in two boxes. BDS for the UCA and Zone for the spacers (both are Fox companies).
Ford Bronco 4” MaxliderBros Stage-1 Lift Kit AVAILABLE! IMG_0433.JPG
Ford Bronco 4” MaxliderBros Stage-1 Lift Kit AVAILABLE! IMG_0447.JPG

Ford Bronco 4” MaxliderBros Stage-1 Lift Kit AVAILABLE! IMG_0454.JPG

2dr sasquatch kit
Front: spacer 1.08" (sloped), collar 0.96", bump stop 0.87" (reduced front wheel travel = 1.3")
Rear: spacer 1.32", collar 0.39", bump stop 0.5" (reduced rear wheel travel = 0.6")

Even with the bump stops, the instructions still warn of marginal 37" tire clearance at full lock & full compression.

The CV max droop increase is ~1.5" measured at the wheel (same as Fabtech level kit and King coilovers). The front upward-travel is increased slightly, but the downward travel is reduced by ~1.5".

Ford Bronco 4” MaxliderBros Stage-1 Lift Kit AVAILABLE! IMG_0442.JPG

Interesting info in BDS UCA instructions. Two types of Fox Coilovers will apparently be available. The coilover specs are probably for the Fox coilovers (stock Sasquatch is outside of these specs but OK). It looks like there may be a longer Fox coilover that will require a diff drop.

rcman989

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Maxlider kit came in two boxes. BDS for the UCA and Zone for the spacers (both are Fox companies).

2dr sasquatch kit
Front: spacer 1.08" (sloped), collar 0.96", bump stop 0.87" (reduced front wheel travel = 1.3")
Rear: spacer 1.32", collar 0.39", bump stop 0.5" (reduced rear wheel travel = 0.6")

Even with the bump stops, the instructions still warn of marginal 37" tire clearance at full lock & full compression.

The CV max droop increase is ~1.5" measured at the wheel (same as Fabtech level kit and King coilovers). The front upward-travel is increased slightly, but the downward travel is reduced by ~1.5".
At least there is bump stop spacers. On kits with preload like this and the RPG kit (spring perch collar lift is the same as a preload lift) the problem is a spring can be over compressed at full compression when using a preload. The Zone kit has the included bump stop to prevent this which RPG does not. Looks like a well put together kit.

mljohnson1973

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2dr sasquatch kit

Interesting info in BDS UCA instructions. Two types of Fox Coilovers will apparently be available. The coilover specs are probably for the Fox coilovers (stock Sasquatch is outside of these specs but OK). It looks like there may be a longer Fox coilover that will require a diff drop.
Keep posted on your progress please. Just ordered the kit but build isn't til the end of November. Are you planning on running 37s ? That's my goal but the things you posted regarding possible rubbing has me concerned. Keep us all posted , appreciate your insight.

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep posted on your progress please. Just ordered the kit but build isn't til the end of November. Are you planning on running 37s? That's my goal but the things you posted regarding possible rubbing has me concerned. Keep us all posted , appreciate your insight.
I'm still considering 37s. I don't have my Bronco yet either - just planning ahead.

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So now that you can buy the BDS UCA directly, can’t you build this same kit yourself with Zone spacers and the BDS UCAs? Is there anything else in this maxlider kit?

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So now that you can buy the BDS UCA directly, can’t you build this same kit yourself with Zone spacers and the BDS UCAs? Is there anything else in this maxlider kit?
As far as I know, this is currently the only way to buy the Zone 4"/3" parts.
Sponsored