First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@justinbmcbride I still haven't had a chance to really look at or get into a 2 door, and you seem confident they're more roomy that one might expect. What do you think about a 2 door with two little kids?

By the way, I can honestly say your videography and post-production quality is something to behold. Thank you for the quality content and seemingly honest opinion.
The 2 door has about 2% more space in the back than my GT350. It's awful. Pain in the ass to get in the back, seats require multiple actions to get folded out of the way for access. You're tight up against the wheel well and the only place to rest your arm is inside of the cupholder. I would hate to spend more than a few minutes in the back of one, or get in and out frequently.

Would be fine for a small child or adults for short trips but I wouldn't expect any more than that.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

great video, can feel the fun you had there! 2 door would never be for me, but I'd not mind driving one sometime to feel the difference. And those trails look great, I'll be booking a spot there next spring when my son has spring break from college.

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2 door has about 2% more space in the back than my GT350. It's awful. Pain in the ass to get in the back, seats require multiple actions to get folded out of the way for access. You're tight up against the wheel well and the only place to rest your arm is inside of the cupholder. I would hate to spend more than a few minutes in the back of one, or get in and out frequently.

Would be fine for a small child or adults for short trips but I wouldn't expect any more than that.
Thanks for the perspective. One of the pain points envisioned by my wife and I is taking a sleeping kid out of a car seat in the back. But my biggest concern is the cargo space, I've seen some pictures on here of folks loading theirs up but it just isn't the same as actually seeing it.

I'm leaning pretty heavily towards a 4 door at the moment but I'm really tempted to go the 28.5k base 2 door route – it's just such an amazing price!

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Remove the seats from the rear of the 2-door and you'll find a LOT of room.
My hope is next refresh Ford will replace the rear buckets with a FSB-style bench seat that folds forward (or flat if possible?) and is easily removed with a couple pins.

I don't have to do it often, but it's such a great feature being able to quickly pull the rear seat when you need that extra cargo space for a Home Depot run.

6G_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch 2DR waiting
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sat in back of a 2 door demo badlands as I ordered the same thing.
Size 12+ boots do not work in back of the badlands. I'll probably end up just taking the rear seats out and making it a 2 seat only.

Sponsored

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I sat in back of a 2 door demo badlands as I ordered the same thing.
Size 12+ boots do not work in back of the badlands. I'll probably end up just taking the rear seats out and making it a 2 seat only.
The backseat of a two door Bronco is about as useful as the backseat in a Mustang.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is the experience I think of when I think of the 2021 Ford Bronco:
Justin,
Excellent video! Thank you!
Like yourself, I have driven the 4-door and the 2-door in both the non-Sasquatch and Sasquatch version. The 2 door Sasquatch is the version for me as well.
There will be challenges to address such as mpg and fuel tank capacity, but we will have options. As a case in point, I am planning to test the Yakima LockNLoad platform, size K on my 2-door. Although the roof has load limitations, I will be able to carry what I seek.
There will be other challenges ahead, but they are all minor in comparison to the joy we feel driving the 2-door.

Ford Bronco The 2-Door Badlands Sasquatch Is Worth The Hype Bronco 2Door with Rack 2
Ford Bronco The 2-Door Badlands Sasquatch Is Worth The Hype Roof Rack

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m going to give it about a year and see how many two door folks, realize they really do need a four door. Then I’ll post a swap (plus/minus cash) for my four door and end up with a two door I wish, I had ordered. 😀😂

The only reason I can have a two door now, is because I’m a 10 min reservationist for the Lightning and will not need two large vehicles. So, I’m really going to try this late next year and see what happens.

Last edited:

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So glad I went with a 2 door, looks amazing and I don't need the extra room!
I do need the extra room, but fuck it. I wanted the car I wanted to drive every day. Roof racks and a hitch receiver will be there for when I need more.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The backseat of a two door Bronco is about as useful as the backseat in a Mustang.
Not true at all. The backseat of a mustang has to deal with a heavily sloped roofline really cutting into head room. That's not an issue with the Bronco. The leg room differential between the 2dr and 4dr is .6 inches. The biggest loss in the 2dr is hip room.

I sold my primary car, and am now living with my civic coupe commuter as my daily. If can get a 1 year old into a rear facing seat behind the driver's seat of a 2012 civic coupe, I'm sure the 2dr bronco will be no issue.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I own a Lariat Crew Cab F 150. Kids are grown and gone, and no one ever sits in the back. A soft cooler is the extent of what the rear seats hold when I go surf fishing. I like both editions of the Bronco, but the two door fills the required use in my case. Besides, the wife, who I would have bet a million dollars would have wanted the four door, likes the look of the two door better. I preferEd the two door but was willing to go four, especially after test driving one. I am firmly implanted in team two door.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I switched from a 4 door to a 2 door order. I was in the same boat as some here. Needed the extra room of 4 door and longer wheelbase would be better on snow along with the bigger tank. Then after seeing and driving the 4 door it reminds me of an explorer or flex. Then thought I rarely if ever have people in the back seats and wanted something that would be more manageable for tight trails and easier getting the bronco in my small garage. Shorter wheelbase cars are also way fun to drive.

But No ragrets on switch.. I will just get rack and such for extra gear and fuel.

Can’t wait to see McBrides videos when his shows up.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I do need the extra room, but fuck it. I wanted the car I wanted to drive every day. Roof racks and a hitch receiver will be there for when I need more.
I did get the roof rack just in case I need to haul something.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Look, I'm firmly on team 2dr for myself, but whoever says there is a 'right' and 'wrong' bronco is the one that's wrong.

I'm sure there will be people who go 4dr and regret it because after 3 years of driving they realize they've used the back seats maybe 5 times tops. I'm sure there will be people who go 2dr who regret it because they underestimated their cargo needs. But I'm willing to bet 75% of us are getting the perfect car for what we need, and the fact that it's available both ways is the best option.
Sponsored