Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks where do you get something like that. And what does the 2x button on keyfob do?
Amazon has them but not sure how the key fob would interact with the Bronco in this location. I only stumbled on to this via random Amazon ads on my instagram account LOL
Sponsored

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Blame your wife and kids for breaking it and buy a new one.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting idea would have to disable walkup unlock. Can the keyless entry pad be retro fitted?
Yes, Key pad can be retro fitted. Being wireless the key pad can also be located wherever you want. Such as on the tailgate behind the spare.

The proximity unlock would not have to be disabled, it is disabled automatically. If you use the Keypad to lock the truck then you have to use it to unlock the next time it as well. My father has used his F150 this way for years and it has always worked for him.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have first hand experience with one of these but if you have the tow package or at least add an aftermarket hitch to the Bronco you could run one of these. I would think the key would be far enough away that it wouldn't start if you stored the key in there while you hiked.

817fZwUfo-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

OP
OP

RJC

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, Key pad can be retro fitted. Being wireless the key pad can also be located wherever you want. Such as on the tailgate behind the spare.

The proximity unlock would not have to be disabled, it is disabled automatically. If you use the Keypad to lock the truck then you have to use it to unlock the next time it as well. My father has used his F150 this way for years and it has always worked for him.
Thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP

RJC

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Amazon has them but not sure how the key fob would interact with the Bronco in this location. I only stumbled on to this via random Amazon ads on my instagram account LOL
Thanks

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you have a phone signal can't you just unlock the vehicle via Fordpass and store your key fob inside the vehicle?

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks where do you get something like that. And what does the 2x button on keyfob do?
Initiates the self destruct sequence.
(Only available with Mid Package or higher)

1. Press Lock button
2. Press “2x” button twice
3. Run

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't have first hand experience with one of these but if you have the tow package or at least add an aftermarket hitch to the Bronco you could run one of these. I would think the key would be far enough away that it wouldn't start if you stored the key in there while you hiked.

817fZwUfo-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
This likely wouldn't be a safe option on the Bronco. The rear antenna is located right behind the handle and could potentially detect the key in the hitch.

OP
OP

RJC

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have a phone signal can't you just unlock the vehicle via Fordpass and store your key fob inside the vehicle?
True but worst case scenario is out in wilderness and phone gets bricked. I will leave bronco unlocked. Getting console safe to leave fob inside, with an rfi blocking bag seems to be best choice

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

True but worst case scenario is out in wilderness and phone gets bricked. I will leave bronco unlocked. Getting console safe to leave fob inside, with an rfi blocking bag seems to be best choice
Considering worst case, you're not worried about the vehicle being unlocked?

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking a similar strategy. get the console safe, keep a spare fob in it, inside of some sort of makeshift faraday cage, and have the keyless entry pad.

That way, if I lose my keys, I can get into the vehicle with the keyless entry pad, retrieve the spare fob from the safe, and be on my way.
Sponsored