Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sooo…. here’s my last 30 days.

I’ve been saving money for a few years, waiting for the Bronco. (Started the moment I saw The Rock driving that prototype in “Rampage”). Anyway, I’d saved enough to pay cash for this bad boy (which will be here sometime in the next 10-14 days), and then this last month happened.

1) Got laid off (“COVID reasons” 🤦🏼‍♂️🙄).
2) Tore a ligament in my elbow at the gym.
3) In a freak coincidence, a week later I completely ruptured my ACL playing soccer with some friends. (Surgery is next Wednesday).

So, now uninsured, I am forced to pay for two surgeries. I can probably hold off on the elbow one since I can still function, albeit painfully, with the jacked up elbow, but the ACL is a must repair ASAP. As such, I’m unable to look for new work until I can walk again, which is at least a few weeks to a month+ out, and I’m having to use up a big chunk of my saved Bronco money to cover the surgery/rehab costs.

Sob story, I know. Boohoo, poor boy wants his $60k Bronco and life happens. I wouldn’t feel bad for me either. Nevertheless, I’m hoping for some suggested financing options for a guy in my situation? Probably none, I know, but it doesn’t hurt to ask.
Sponsored

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I’ve been saving money for a few years, waiting for the Bronco. (Started the moment I saw The Rock driving that prototype in “Rampage”). Anyway, I’d saved enough to pay cash for this bad boy (which will be here sometime in the next 10-14 days), and then this last month happened.

3) In a freak coincidence, a week later I completely ruptured my ACL playing soccer with some friends. (Surgery is next Wednesday).

So, now uninsured, I am forced to pay for two surgeries. I can probably hold off on the elbow one since I can still function, albeit painfully, with the jacked up elbow, but the ACL is a must repair ASAP. As such, I’m unable to look for new work until I can walk again, which is at least a few weeks to a month+ out, and I’m having to use up a big chunk of my saved Bronco money to cover the surgery/rehab costs.

Sob story, I know. Boohoo, poor boy wants his $60k Bronco and life happens. I wouldn’t feel bad for me either. Nevertheless, I’m hoping for some suggested financing options for a guy in my situation? Probably none, I know, but it doesn’t hurt to ask.
Sorry to hear. You should look into Medicare. If you have no source of income, or are below a certain threshold you should qualify. Not saying you should be looking for a handout but it sounds like you were a victim of circumstance. In terms of financing, if you are prior military, look into USAA. They just offered me 1.89% for 48 months. Have also heard good things about PenFed. Best of luck and speedy recovery.

Pepin10

Base
First Name
Pepin10
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ouch that's terrible luck, you might want to look into medicare so they can cover your surgeries

Sponsored

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seconding USAA, even if only one of your parents served or were a member of USAA you can start an account there. I got a 1.89% through them.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

perhaps consider a lesser optioned vehicle... the base model starts out at about 30k...

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base

...Maybe look into a lease deal...I'm leasing mine for 3 or 4 years...the lease payments are half of what finance payments are....and when your health and money situation get settled,you have the option to buy the Bronco ..or give it back...Some guys don't like leasing...but with this vehicle...you pay pennies on the dollar for options...just one idea..

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

why is cobra not an option for you? did too much time pass since separation from your job to allow you to get coverage?

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No ill feelings here man sorry for all the bad luck. Honestly though I know you’ve wanted a bronco but it doesn’t seem like the wisest decision with what life’s thrown at you at the moment. The best thing to do would be to wait a bit until you’ve fully recovered physically and financially before committing to a bronco payment. Broncos will should be plentiful by the time you healed and find a decent job. You’ll probably be able to find a cheaper used one as well if you decide to go that route. Honestly how enjoyable would a new bronco be if one of your arms was in pain and you wanted to take the tops off?
just wait it out a bit, they’re not going to be some rare Pokémon you have to painstakingly hunt down. At the end of the day it’s just a vehicle

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pay cash for the Bronco as planned, stretch out the hospital bills to the end of time, like everyone else 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
njAK84

njAK84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly, I assumed I’d have another job pretty soon and wouldn’t need it, so I didn’t even try. Now, it’s all “preexisting” stuff and Cobra wouldn’t cover it.

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PavementQueen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
why is cobra not an option for you? did too much time pass since separation from your job to allow you to get coverage?
If he is within 30 days he should still be eligible for COBRA. I had to research this a couple of years ago when I moved for a new job and injured my back moving but didn't have insurance for 90 days.