Sponsored

How is articulation with 35's with a 2 inch lift?

Cory63

Base
First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My black diamond is set to be built this week, so I'm about to order my first upgrades. I plan on doing a 2 inch lift and want to run 35's. I know the 35's will fit, but I dont want them to be crammed in the wheel well. For those of you running this set up, how is the articulation?
Sponsored

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Depends on what comes in the lift... If you don't change the shocks, your articulation will be the same as stock. You'll just have a higher ride height.

We aren't going to see increased travel until we are getting full kits with springs that have longer free lengths and longer shocks to go with them.

OP
OP

Cory63

Base
First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Depends on what comes in the lift... If you don't change the shocks, your articulation will be the same as stock. You'll just have a higher ride height.

We aren't going to see increased travel until we are getting full kits with springs that have longer free lengths and longer shocks to go with them.
Not really looking for increased travel. Just wanted to make sure I would maintain some travel. I've seen some builds that will break a fender the first time it hits a speed bump lol

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That entirely depends on what type of lift you do. Cheap stage 1 lifts will either give no benefit or slightly restrict your overall flex as you'll need bigger bump stops to limit the travel of the larger tire.

If you go with a true lift kit like the King 2.5-3" adjustable, you should see an improvement in flex but the cost is going to be substantially higher than the cheaper lifts that just use a spacer. You'll also need to replace more parts, like the upper control arms. I'm in the process of ordering a King 3" adjustable lift, but I don't have full details yet as its all still very hard to find.

Don't cheap out on the suspension if you plan on off-roading. If you're looking to dress up a mall crawler, spacers with longer bump stops will do.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My black diamond is set to be built this week, so I'm about to order my first upgrades. I plan on doing a 2 inch lift and want to run 35's. I know the 35's will fit, but I dont want them to be crammed in the wheel well. For those of you running this set up, how is the articulation?
If non-SAS, you will have same articulation with a 2" spacer lift. Less than BL or SAS.

If SAS, 2" will affect articulation (it will have more up-travel, but less down-travel). This is due to max CV droop limit.

The 4WP coilovers are supposedly similar to BL/SAS, although 4WP doesn't disclose specs. The King coilover specs are worse than BL/SAS (less articulation), even though the max CV angle is more extreme. Fox is reported to be better, but no specs yet.

Sponsored

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not really looking for increased travel. Just wanted to make sure I would maintain some travel. I've seen some builds that will break a fender the first time it hits a speed bump lol
Travel won't change, just the bias changes, more up and less down. As for the fenders with big tires, you will likely need to run some additional bump stop to keep the tires out of the fenders. If you change nothing else, even with a spacer lift, you will lose suspension travel, due to the bump stop extensions. Now, if you can get a lift with, or fabricate yourself, some shock extensions/spacers then you can get that travel back. If the shock extensions are the same length as the bump stop added, all will go back to stock suspension travel.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Travel won't change, just the bias changes, more up and less down. As for the fenders with big tires, you will likely need to run some additional bump stop to keep the tires out of the fenders. If you change nothing else, even with a spacer lift, you will lose suspension travel, due to the bump stop extensions. Now, if you can get a lift with, or fabricate yourself, some shock extensions/spacers then you can get that travel back. If the shock extensions are the same length as the bump stop added, all will go back to stock suspension travel.
Note that in Bronco, the coilover itself is the bump stop. Min compression and max extension of the combined coilover+spacer limit the travel.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Note that in Bronco, the coilover itself is the bump stop. Min compression and max extension of the combined coilover+spacer limit the travel.
Yeah, if the spacer moves the whole unit then then compression limit is moved too.

Still to get more travel, going to need units with longer springs combined with a longer damper.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That entirely depends on what type of lift you do. Cheap stage 1 lifts will either give no benefit or slightly restrict your overall flex as you'll need bigger bump stops to limit the travel of the larger tire.

If you go with a true lift kit like the King 2.5-3" adjustable, you should see an improvement in flex but the cost is going to be substantially higher than the cheaper lifts that just use a spacer. You'll also need to replace more parts, like the upper control arms. I'm in the process of ordering a King 3" adjustable lift, but I don't have full details yet as its all still very hard to find.

Don't cheap out on the suspension if you plan on off-roading. If you're looking to dress up a mall crawler, spacers with longer bump stops will do.
The bump stops are inside the shocks...therefore not affected by the spacer lift.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went Zone 2", don't see anything that would change the travel. I am with the others on coilovers but I am going to wait for sale prices & availability to come back. I'm tied between Icon and King at this point, max travel or ease of maintenance.
Sponsored