Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since my Badsquatch is relatively high up there and the painted door sills are relatively wide, I'm wondering what you might be doing to protect the paint there from scratchy shoes?
I know Ford has a couple stick on protectors in the catalog, then there's also PPF and maybe some other options. The protectors in the accessory catalog aren't the prettiest thing ever, but probably won't be noticed by anyone, since having some protection there is kind of expected (and somewhat odd it's not there from the factory). I have no experience with PPF, if that film strong enough? People will have the occasional pebble and sand on their shoes getting in, the big black rubber protectors seem a better choice, but wondering what others do or plan to do, maybe there are better looking options than the ones from Ford?
My Bronco should show up any day now, I plan to just put painters tape there for the time being, but want to install something soon, best if it's something I can add myself.

The ones in the accessory catalog seem overpriced and small (of course), I think I'd like some more protection than that.

What will you do?
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For the money - Sticker Fab - looks pretty damn good. Without seeing real life photos of the Ford versions - I wasn't dropping $100+ on them.

I have the Carbon ones on Iconic Silver and it looks sharp. I was afraid it would look cheap.
Ford Bronco best door sill protection? FBEDCCF7-BACE-4BFC-94EC-637F6D6A6D7F

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bought the sticker fab ones. Have to wait and see how they hold up but for 13 bucks it was worth it.

OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the money - Sticker Fab - looks pretty damn good. Without seeing real life photos of the Ford versions - I wasn't dropping $100+ on them.

I have the Carbon ones on Iconic Silver and it looks sharp. I was afraid it would look cheap.
Ford Bronco best door sill protection? FBEDCCF7-BACE-4BFC-94EC-637F6D6A6D7F
oh, I like those, looks great!

OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the sticker fab ones. Have to wait and see how they hold up but for 13 bucks it was worth it.
I'll give them a try, at that price they're easy to replace after a while w/o crying :-D

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the putco door sill protectors. They look pretty but don’t offer much protection. I’d probably have done stickerfab had I not ordered these before delivery. I bought a couple other things from stickerfab, they’re great. Check out his install videos on YouTube as well.

D6761C94-F225-459C-889A-18C07A3D6717.jpeg

8F0F3219-9FAD-44FA-8310-99F014D8180A.jpeg

48685902-0D71-4AFE-BFE5-B32B83A5FC5F.jpeg

DA434A75-635A-48FD-9B8D-3FE568A0A27F.jpeg

OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the putco are nice looking, but yes, I want a bit more coverage. I just ordered a set of the clear sticker fab ones, play with spray bottle and soapy water, always was curious to try that too and if I mess up, not much $ lost. Once I have them installed I'll add some photos here. And if something better comes around, easy to take off and I learned something along the way :)

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I added sticker type sill protectors to the painted sills on my Tacoma. I like them. You don't need something super thick to provide protection.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A local guy used xpel universal door sill kit and it looks great. He trimmed the edges so they are rounded. He bought it off Amazon cheaper than the list price on xpel's site. But for the cost, I would probably go with stickerfab.

Sponsored

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had ppf installed when I had my Bronco wrapped. I'm most likely going to add the sill plates to give it a little style. It's like double wrapping 😉

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had ppf installed when I had my Bronco wrapped. I'm most likely going to add the sill plates to give it a little style. It's like double wrapping 😉
I'm gonna put on some clear 3M vinyl and then cover with the ford sill plates

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've had a 50' long roll of 3" wide paint protection film for almost a decade now. I just lay a strip down in the door sill, not caring too much about bubbles and if it takes a beating, pull it up and lay another strip down. Cut to fit.

Here's a link, but it's only 60" instead of 50'. The uncut rolls are always cheap and easy to get at the tint shops.

https://www.amazon.com/XPEL-Clear-U...ocphy=9033254&hvtargid=pla-433878198382&psc=1

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used deck tape (goes on skate boards) from the time my kiddos were little for the protection and added traction for short legs. I still use it on rounded bumper edges and such so If I need to work in the engine bay I have the traction, the bumper has the protection . It's not for everyone. I custom cut my stuff tho and I get a ton of comments. Most often "where did you find this kit" lol

Eric L

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2017 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco best door sill protection? DA434A75-635A-48FD-9B8D-3FE568A0A27F
where did you get them?
Sponsored