Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

mattm54

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I did ask Brewster to quote me for install of hitch, molle system and vinyl on the side. Came to around 800. Which isn't bad. But I cheaped out and decided to do all those things myself. My jersey friend is very handy. Did the vinyl install for his Subaru and it looks great. Around the forums I'm hearing Installing a hitch won't take more than 30 mins
ill reconfirm pricing and let everyone know what i find out.
Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well for one, I think most here are smart enough to NOT own Apple crap, that's why we didn't notice ;)

BTW I wanted to ask you, what's your gas mileage been in that Squatch? Now that you've probably put some miles on it. And is your driving mostly city? Highway? Mix? Inquiring minds want to know (as in me!) šŸ˜
Ha! And some of us like to have stuff that works while not selling every detail about our movement or our communicationsā€¦šŸ˜‰

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
John might be able to help with accessories I thought ? Also it's so quiet because everyone's sitting and waiting for movement.

robtraut

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well for one, I think most here are smart enough to NOT own Apple crap, that's why we didn't notice ;)
Iā€™ve been busy playing with my new iPhone. šŸ˜‚

For real though, Iā€™m just stuck in a holding pattern now that I have to wait to order a ā€˜22 in a color I wonā€™t entirely be happy with. Iā€™m just over it. This isnā€™t fun anymore, Iā€™m not enthusiastic about it at all anymore. I just want to get the damn thing Iā€™ve been waiting over a year for and be fā€™n done with it.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™ve been busy playing with my new iPhone. šŸ˜‚

For real though, Iā€™m just stuck in a holding pattern now that I have to wait to order a ā€˜22 in a color I wonā€™t entirely be happy with. Iā€™m just over it. This isnā€™t fun anymore, Iā€™m not enthusiastic about it at all anymore. I just want to get the damn thing Iā€™ve been waiting over a year for and be fā€™n done with it.
Couldn't relate more. This has been abusive

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey I'll admit... If it weren't for iPhone, I never would've got to see all those nude celebrities every time their accounts get hacked ;)
Really - you hold a tech company responsible for poor account and password management? You can go out to Shodan and bring up lots of devices where idiots leave ā€œadminā€ and ā€œpasswordā€ as their user name and pw. Stupid is as stupid does, I believe Gump saidā€¦

Or you could just use your gmail so Google can scan the contents of your email to offer products to you and cut out the middle man.

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You Android haters crack me up. I guess if it weren't for Apple I'd have no one to feel sorry for. Simple phone for simple people. Sorry, but I prefer to be unique, not what some tech company thinks I should be.

And since when was Admin & Password a bad thing? Been using that on my router for years! šŸ˜ oh wait.... I don't own an iPhone... And I think for myself.... So yeah, I lock my stuff down a little better ;)
Not really looking for a fight here. never said I was an "android hater" - only responded to your 'dis' of someone using an iPhone. Great for you - and guess what, it is the same thing for Jeeps and Broncos, Vanilla and Chocolate and many other things. Variety is great.

Development on some platforms is a headache. One person's 'variety' is another person's bane. Some want to tinker, others want stuff that works with no hassle. I've been in tech a LONG time, and worked for software developers and the hardware companies, on "opposing sides". I'd hate it if there were only one choice - who would drive the innovation? Cheers to what you like, and hopefully you can respect that others like different things.

robtraut

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You Android haters crack me up. I guess if it weren't for Apple I'd have no one to feel sorry for. Simple phone for simple people. Sorry, but I prefer to be unique, not what some tech company thinks I should be.

And since when was Admin & Password a bad thing? Been using that on my router for years! šŸ˜ oh wait.... I don't own an iPhone... And I think for myself.... So yeah, I lock my stuff down a little better ;)
Man, when did Tim Cook piss in your Corn Flakes? šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude look into this. Currently still in design phase but should be out soon.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rgo-area-molle-system-seeking-feedback.24683/
I'm guessing around 400 or so depending on how many bells&whistles you add to it.
Thanks!
Neat, but I was looking at the enclosure for 'security'. Downside would be not being able to sleep in the truck.
I'll be getting the Goose Gear platform to tie the fridge down. I take a lot of road trips and am really tired of coolers.

As for Apple/Google/Windows, they all suck.
I'd say Apple surpassed the bar with their inclusion of spyware baked in the latest versions of MacOS and iOS that scans your files for illegal content to see if they can report you directly to the police. They say canceled those plans after the backlash they recieved, but I have my doubts.

Open source is the best way to protect your privacy.

Speaking of privacy, activating all the fancy features of Sync4 you agree to share all your data and location with Ford, which they will sell like everyone else who collects user data and/or has a targeted ad service does.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks!
Neat, but I was looking at the enclosure for 'security'. Downside would be not being able to sleep in the truck.
I'll be getting the Goose Gear platform to tie the fridge down. I take a lot of road trips and am really tired of coolers.

As for Apple/Google/Windows, they all suck.
I'd say Apple surpassed the bar with their inclusion of spyware baked in the latest versions of MacOS and iOS that scans your files for illegal content to see if they can report you directly to the police. They say canceled those plans after the backlash they recieved, but I have my doubts.

Open source is the best way to protect your privacy.

Speaking of privacy, activating all the fancy features of Sync4 you agree to share all your data and location with Ford, which they will sell like everyone else who collects user data and/or has a targeted ad service does.
That's a bit of a simplistic version of boiling down the CSAM safety features. Potentially creepy, yep. Issue it is targeting, really creepy and dangerous. File scanning was on iCloud photo backup - yes, there were algorithms for local detection, but anonymous. Understand you doubt that, and everyone should.

My beef is with everybody who whines about their privacy, but then puts Google Home or Alexa in the house, and even runs cams in their home. You're giving them the keys - they don't need to drive around scanning for conversations like in "V for Vendetta", you put the microphone (and a camera) in your house to spy on yourself.

Def agree on all that location data - we trade bits of our privacy for convenience. Someday the piper will come calling...(and he will know right where to find us)

Last edited:

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

since we're just trying to kill time here...

dropped today.

Ok Iā€™ll bite

This gives me another thing to look forward to in 2022. If everything Iā€™m planning out works, 2022 will be awesome šŸ¤©
P.S
My 2021 now 2022 Bronco hopefully is one of them šŸ™šŸ½

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just hit 3k this morning. That seemed awfully quick but I have been going to the office a bit more recently
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 0C2F032E-9E7E-4660-BF04-289664A37AA3

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a bit of a simplistic version of boiling down the CSAM safety features. Potentially creepy, yep. Issue it is targeting, really creepy and dangerous. File scanning was on iCloud photo backup - yes, there were algorithms for local detection, but anonymous. Understand you doubt that, and everyone should.

My beef is with everybody who whines about their privacy, but then puts Google Home or Alexa in the house, and even runs cams in their home. You're giving them the keys - they don't need to drive around scanning for conversations like in "V for Vendetta", you put the microphone (and a camera) in your house to spy on yourself.

Def agree on all that location data - we trade bits of our privacy for convenience. Someday the piper will come calling...(and he will know right where to find us)
Apple scans icloud, just like every cloud file provider does. The new piece was baking spyware into the OS to scan every file on your computer for suspected illegal content and directly report you to the police. It will turn into a new form of 'swatting'. Hackers triggering CSAM detection from imessage spam and hacked website browsing on laptops. Innocent people will lose their livelihood and children. I don't know how anybody, especially with children, could trust apple anymore, not knowing if CPS and FBI will come knocking on your door to arrest you and take your children away.
Or, maybe CSAM will work flawlessly and apple will decide to expand detection to 'health and safety' opinions. Then instead of an LEO visit, you get a state psychiatrist. There is no good side to this, except that apple let the cat out of the bag and we know microsoft and google will do the same, if they haven't implemented it already.
Sponsored