Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This wont last long, a resolution will happen.
How do you mean? The dealer already sold “his” First Edition. Levine said he and @Ford Motor Company were involved, but couldn’t get the dealer to back down. How does that get resolved?
Sponsored

ThunderSquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, (ex: RAM 1500 5.7 HEMI 4x4)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They must have taken down their page.. Not available. I was going to call them out too
They took down their facebook page very quickly as people started storming it with bad reviews last night.

Their google review page can’t be taken down easily, so everyone is leaving reviews there. Last night they had a 4.2 or 4.3 star rating, now it is at 3.7 with more reviews storming in every minute.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tidelands+ford+lincoln&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Who's Levine exactly? Someone at the dealrship, and what did this conversation state? He says (Tom) he is going to post the full story soon, since nobody knows the story yet
Mike Levine is Ford's Official PR person or his official title:

vehicle communications manager for Ford North America

https://www.thinkla.org/page/SpeakerMLevine

But I'm sure this has been answered already

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How do you mean? The dealer already sold “his” First Edition. Levine said he and @Ford Motor Company were involved, but couldn’t get the dealer to back down. How does that get resolved?
Priority Bronco raptor at invoice would be the only resolution I’d accept.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tidelands agreement to order / locate the Badlands for $1000 consideration.
That's not a contract though... that's just a deposit agreement, pretty standard. It in no way is a binding contract that the person leaving the deposit is guaranteed a vehicle and/or the sale of a vehicle. It only guarantees 1 of 2 things

1) The dealer will order a vehicle for the customer and/or locate one
2) If the dealer cannot do the above, that "non-refundable" deposit has to get refunded.

The only time (and you can ask any sales person at a dealership this) you are "in contract" or "have a contract" or "own a vehicle" is the very last step of the process when you are in the F&I office and you sign the ACTUAL contract/bill of sale which lists all of your information, the price of the vehicle, the terms of the sale and the VIN of the vehicle. Up until that point, anything else done is just smoke/mirrors. It's like the 4 squares that the new sales guys do and then they get you to sign your initials next to a price, as if that actually means anything in the real world lol

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh man! That new Tundra hybrid TRD Pro is looking pretty good right now! If this happened to me I would likely ditch Ford as well and I've never even owned one yet!

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
dealers response - "well....guess I'll see you in court." lmao
More than likely, fords involved in this they could easily throw an extra allocation their way to make this go away.

Sponsored

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's not a contract though... that's just a deposit agreement, pretty standard. It in no way is a binding contract that the person leaving the deposit is guaranteed a vehicle and/or the sale of a vehicle. It only guarantees 1 of 2 things

2) If the dealer cannot do the above, that "non-refundable" deposit has to get refunded.

The only time (and you can ask any sales person at a dealership this) you are "in contract" or "have a contract" or "own a vehicle" is the very last step of the process when you are in the F&I office and you sign the ACTUAL contract/bill of sale which lists all of your information, the price of the vehicle, the terms of the sale and the VIN of the vehicle. Up until that point, anything else done is just smoke/mirrors. It's like the 4 squares that the new sales guys do and then they get you to sign your initials next to a price, as if that actually means anything in the real world lol
I got that form at every single Jeep dealership over the last 12 months lol. "So now that we've gone over the vehicle and the horrible first price offer, will you sign here to let me know you'll leave today with a new car?" --- "f#$k no."

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base

Setting aside debating what a contract is, my point was why would an FE reservation holder sign off on a document ( 1-23-21 ) that boldly states Badlands.
This may not be a completed sales contract but it still is a contract to perform for consideration.

Did the dealer order / locate a Badlands ?
If they did, then hasn’t the dealer fulfilled the contract and can keep the partial payment even if they can’t come to final sales terms? ( barring any state law )

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That's pointless, the dealership can and will have the negative feedback deleted.
Then the person impacted should monitor for when those negative posts come off and repost on social media the timeline of events including when the dealer had the negative views deleted. I would also take screenshots of the negative reviews before their deleted and attach them to any social media posts warning others to stay away from this dealer. It will be a game of whack a mole :)

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got that form at every single Jeep dealership over the last 12 months lol. "So now that we've gone over the vehicle and the horrible first price offer, will you sign here to let me know you'll leave today with a new car?" --- "f#$k no."
I honestly don't even know the point of that. It's like "okay I signed now what, what's my signature actually telling you?"

It's almost as if these new sales guys have to walk into their managers office with a signature to prove their customer is interested. That's the only thing I can think of. I've ONLY had "new" car sales people do this. The guys who have been there have NEVER EVER done this to me. But those brand spanking new guys draw the Cross with the 4 quadrants and make you sign. I had one guy do that and I laughed and said "seriously? When did you start, last week?"
Sponsored